Sign in to follow this  
Knappy

Projected Magic regular season record

60-22 ..we match our best record ever and have a chance to surpass it but get complacent playing meaningless games at the end of the season so we drop 6 of the last 10.

56-26

I don't know how everyone's predicting these 60 win marks, its tough enough to put up that many wins with a team that's played together for years let alone a team with many new faces to incorporate. I want to see if meer and carter stay healthy all season, how the chemistry will come together, how we will find the sweet spots with our lineup between last years style and a more traditional one, and the biggie, how will we look defensively? This will all take time, I hope for a 60 win season but realistically I don't think we will win as many games as last year. The competition has gotten better and it will take some time to get our rhythm with the new players that joined.

The playoffs is what matters and because of the time it will take to get things messhed with the new squad I think our positioning as a 2 or 3 seed may cost us this year.

Boston will be very formiddable if healthy and Cleveland will be hungrier, although i still feel we can beat them in 7.

Realistically, I think the season after next we win it all, with a deteriorated old Boston team, lebron starting over, an older kobe, an older spurs team, and Dwight will be approaching his prime. Our team will have a year of experience and chemistry together and will start with a bang because there will not be this initial "getting used to one another period", so our positioning should be as the top seed poised to win it all in 2010-11.

But as a fan I hope we do it this year!!

I think 60+ wins with a healthy team. If not for Jameer going down we would have had the best record last year or very close. I don't think it will take that long to gel VC and Dwight have been hanging out and Bass will pick up what we are doing pretty easy.

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

I don't see us beating the Celts if they're there either. This is probably their last hurrah. I expect them to make a good run. Defensively? They are better and I think that gives them the edge. I have huge question marks on Lewis, Carter, and Jameer on defense. What's the chemistry going to be like. Having a stacked roster mean NOTHING! Remember Malone, Kobe, Shaq, and Payton gettign SWEPT by Detroit in the finals? What happened when our 3 just wasn't dropping? We almost got swept ourselves. How many championships did Run TMC(that was Mitch Richmond, Tim Hardway, and Chris Mullin for the Warriors) win? Offense won't do it alone.

1) We had the best defense in the NBA last season. That is a statistical fact.

2) I don't remember those Lakers being swept by the Pistons. The reason I don't remember them being swept is because they weren't swept.

3) In addition to playing no defense, Run TMC had absolutely zero help. They were pretty fun to watch, but ultimately were never a viable threat to anyone.

4) Carter has been known throughout his career as a lazy defender, not a bad one. The only player he's played consistently hard against on defense is Kobe, and he's done a good job on Kobe throughout his career.

5) Anyone worrying about Rashard defending the 3 should remember how Hedo defended the 3, and shut the hell up. At worst, Rashard on defense at the 3 is a step sideways.

6) If you're going to bring up question marks, the fact that Garnett has tons of mileage on his legs and took a ridiculous amount of time to recover from an injury should be a gigantic one.

Oh, and to the original post, 48-34.

quote:
Orginally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Oh, and to the original post, 48-34

48 wins? Do you have half the team getting injured? Silly DoM.

59-23

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

59-23

Without Hedo, the Magic are just a mid-level playoff team. Cleveland, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, Toronto and maybe Washington are all better.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

59-23

Without Hedo, the Magic are just a mid-level playoff team. Cleveland, Boston, Atlanta, Miami, Toronto and maybe Washington are all better.

Troof.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:

59-23

It's the curse of the club med.