Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Hoops reports Gortat is very, very disappointed we matched.

quote:
Originally posted by F1ash:

I wouldn't mind seeing SVG trying out D12 at PF, with Gortat at Center. That would definitely keep people out of the paint, as they'd be scared ****less to try to get to the rim... Maybe that will keep the Gortz happy. Can't really complain with $6M a year with 20-24 mins a night to try and showcase your skillz...

I think this would be a tremendous front court, but I doubt Howard would be mature enough to do this, even if it was in the teams best interest's. Him complaining about losing shots when we signed Vince showed me that most of these guys just don't get it. Can you imagine D12 and Gorty together with Bass filling in for both of them. This team would be amazing.

To that quoted post up there...good luck finding 20 minutes per game for Gortat. With Lewis, Bass, and Anderson all expected to play minutes at the 4. Gortat is pretty much screwed when it comes to any additional playing time.

Gortat will not get more minutes,if you watched the Otis video I think it is very likely Bass won't even start. Which means Bass is now the Backup PF and RA is the 3rd string. I would actually argue that Gortat could get less minutes than last year. Gortat can be mad and has a right to be. But this is a business and Otis is going to wait because Gortat + TE can land a very good player come December. Otis will have some flexibility if God forbid we have a major injury or this team is underperforming.

This isn't Gortat talking, it's his agent talking to the media in Dallas. He's just making sure he doesn't get blamed for the way Otis owned the Mavs.

Please. Save that talk right there. The guy is obviously going to be upset. He's been talking about becoming a starter and becoming the star he knows he is, for the longest time. He would certainly be upset. He and his agent asked the Magic not to match. He wanted to start, no one wants to sit on the bench. He'll have to get over that but, I def. believe he isnt too happy right now. Certainly.

And he was asked in Orlando if he would be fine going back to Orlando. In front of Orlando media. What do you think he would say? Ask any player, professional or not, if they'd rather start or sit. hmmm. I wonder. I dont know why people are having such a hard time believing that he would actually be a little pissed. Come on now.

I understand wanting to play a lot and being a starter but he might not realize this might be better for him. He might think he deserves to start and deserves 40 minutes a night but just because he had some good games playing behind Dwight doesn

i really believe that this was just a smoke screen by his agent so that way he can make the magic look bad and he can continue to do business with them again.

Nobody wants to be Doug Pederson.(pretty much Brett Favre's career back up)

I dont know if you've ever played but, why would you actually "relish" at the chance to play behind someone? At 10 minutes per game. And especially, if there was a want and a need for your starting services elsewhere. If I were in his shoes, I'd be pretty pissed too. Yeah he has a ton of money and security now, but no real future on Orlando.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Guy Zucker, Gortats agent, said Marcin was very, very disappointed Orlando matched the mavs offer.

Wow! I know he wanted to start but to come out and say this...***? Pay me $6 million bucks and I wouldnt dream of saying anything like that. I hope he enjoys playing for the twolves or clippers when Otis sends him packing in 6 months.

So what? he was restricted it's not like we get any compensation for him if we let him walk.

Shoulda signed a one year deal then moron!

Gortat can be mad all he wants, but when he signed that offer sheet with Dallas he knew the Magic could match. What he should've done is talk with the Magic first and figure out their plan, and if they were set on matching then just sign the one year deal and become a UFA next year.

If he was smart, he'd show up and work hard and prove to the rest of the league he's ready to be a starting center, then later in the season the Magic will be looking to trade him. If he comes in with a poor attitude, he could ruin his stock and not get the chance he feels he deserves. Patience is always rewarded.

dear gortat,

**** and get the sand out of your euro-vagina. You just got a raise of more than 600%. At this point you have two options: 1) you can stomp your feet and cry like a woman that just broke her nail while jerking me off or 2) you can continue to act and play in the manner that has gotten you this nice contract. This is a business and the magic had every right to match that contract. You knew this was a possibility from the moment you agreed to it, now it's time to be a man and roll with the punches.

Sincerely,

no_ma'am