Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Vince be better than Turk i.e. "Mr. 4th Quarter"?(link)

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

VC is a great player and I think he'll be great for us, but to automatically say he'll be better than a guy who I watched hit big shots for us all year is crazy. Can he hit big shots? Sure. Has he been known throughout his career as a big-time shot maker? No. Will he be for us? We'll see. Can he hit big shots? Sure. Has he been known throughout his career as a big-time shot maker? No. Will he be for us? We'll see.

have you watched carter play? there are a bunch more carter cluth plays than hedu that you can pull up online

hedo's shot in portland was a lucky bank shot.

i think it would be important to look at ppg and % of shots made in the 4th quarter of CLOSE games only.

and clearly the stats become less comparable from team to team. dwight takes a lot of pressure off Hedo, as does Lewis. Vince on the other hand didn't have a whole lot of help outside of Devin Harris.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
I can't think of any big shots he hit throughout the regular season

Come on now...

I seriously can't. Aside from the Blazer's one, at least.

Well it helps to have more of a chance to hit game winners when your team is much better and you have better players around your correct? LOL. Any how let's face it VC has missed game winners or clutch shot's. But he's also made as much as any elite Wing player in the game. If you don't know that then you have not watched many Raptors, Nets games over the years.

quote:
Has he been known throughout his career as a big-time shot maker? No.

he hit more game winners than hedo last season... i don't think thats his identity but he surely knows how to put ice water in his veins.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

hedo's shot in portland was a lucky bank shot.

i think it would be important to look at ppg and % of shots made in the 4th quarter of CLOSE games only.

and clearly the stats become less comparable from team to team. dwight takes a lot of pressure off Hedo, as does Lewis. Vince on the other hand didn't have a whole lot of help outside of Devin Harris.

Ding ding ding you have made great points.

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

who is more clutch?i think it safe to say its carter

n if u say he is getting worst every year then watch his 2008-2009 highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTI-z0j9J-g

lol the first ones funny cuz its only made in 2007. therefore ur missing his 2008-2009 clutchness.

u can go here to witness anything else of Vince.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...91029871/m/711103023

n watch Maxamillion's video. (WARNING: If u watch this video, you may not care about any other players in the game aside from VC, n the rest of the current magic roster.)

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by Nelson3:

who is more clutch?i think it safe to say its carter

n if u say he is getting worst every year then watch his 2008-2009 highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTI-z0j9J-g

lol the first ones funny cuz its only made in 2007. therefore ur missing his 2008-2009 clutchness.

he has made more game winners in 2008-2009 then hedo did n it just showing u that he can made the big shot n the second one showing u that he still can make big plays

to keep on saying that hedo isn't clutch aint gonna make him less clutch or telling otherwise wont make him Kobe either.

Hedo has had his bit nicely past two seasons with some nice clutch plays and we thank him for that matter but it's now VC time and we fans should go cheer VC and support him all the way down to China. it's not helping the team at all making such comparisons anyway -

whats the gain besides, giving certain posters a nice wanking material..