Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Vince be better than Turk i.e. "Mr. 4th Quarter"?(link)

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

It is what it is....I have always thought VC was overrated. Someone look up and see if he's actually won a championship...HS, college, AAU, or otherwise. I don't think he has....but I could definitely be wrong. Superstar? Heck no. I also think its funny for anyone to say Nelson is better than Alston.....Alston lead this team to the finals. I have a strong feeling Nelson won't be doing that next year. Oh yeah, he was an all-star....yay....and VC was an eight timer.....how far that'd get him.

I fail to see what this has to do with Vince Carter of today, or any argument, for that matter.

If you truly believe Alston could have put us in a better position to win than Jameer, then you're quite frankly, not very bright.

REally? You don't know? Some people are just winners.....on every level....some people are just stat guys. You've never heard that before? Wow.....we got major blinders on here. It's gonna be a rude awakening. Especially if Lee's game really jumps in his second year. Ouch.

I really don't understand what you're getting at here, but I'll give it a go..

How much of an impact did Pau Gasol's 0-12 playoff record with the Grizzlies have when he joined the Lakers? How about KG? Boy, was that guy a loser before he was added into a complete Celtics team.

There is no such thing as a winner. There's a winning attitude, but there is no "winner". NBA championships are a product of the collective efforts of a TEAM, not a single player. If you haven't grasped that simple, fundamental concept, there's nothing more I need to say.

Nope his senior year in highschool they were champs. Looked it up myself. Look at all these crybabies....bottom line....I HAVE to be wrong. Otherwise, we're screwed right? This is typical. I have to completely wrong or the Magic are in for a rough two years. We'll see.

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

That's not spinning, that's facts. Guy can't shoot if he takes his rest (like Dwight does) in the first 4-5 minutes of the 4th quarter. I bet if you could find the quarter by quarter stats, his shots would be lower in the 2nd quarter also.

If you read the article it says Hedo takes 29% of his shots in the 4th. There's a correlation there but no one on here wants to see it. No big deal.

quote:

It is what it is....I have always thought VC was overrated. Someone look up and see if he's actually won a championship...HS, college, AAU, or otherwise. I don't think he has....but I could definitely be wrong. Superstar? Heck no. I also think its funny for anyone to say Nelson is better than Alston.....Alston lead this team to the finals. I have a strong feeling Nelson won't be doing that next year. Oh yeah, he was an all-star....yay....and VC was an eight timer.....how far that'd get him.

Oh, so Patrick Ewing, Jason Kidd, John Stockton, Karl Malaone, Dominique Wilkins, Charles Barkley.....n so many more

R basically garbage? Because they havnt won a championship...

Ur dumb. Ur ignorant. Ur jelous. U hate everything. Nothing we can do about it.

Nelson didnt lead the team through the playoffs...I think it was because HE WAS INJURED. Not really cuz hes "worse" than alston.

Turk is definently a better role player. Not go to guy. He had some sick plays in the finals. thats about it.

Vince, Shard, or Nelson can all be go to guys in hte 4th. Vince can lead it and if he gets doubled, theres plenty of options.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

Oh, so Patrick Ewing, Jason Kidd, John Stockton, Karl Malaone, Dominique Wilkins, Charles Barkley.....n so many more

R basically garbage? Because they havnt won a championship...

Ur dumb. Ur ignorant. Ur jelous. U hate everything. Nothing we can do about it.

Nelson didnt lead the team through the playoffs...I think it was because HE WAS INJURED. Not really cuz hes "worse" than alston.

Turk is definently a better role player. Not go to guy. He had some sick plays in the finals. thats about it.

Vince, Shard, or Nelson can all be go to guys in hte 4th. Vince can lead it and if he gets doubled, theres plenty of options.

lol

n vince can make his own shots WITHOUT the pick n row like turk had to

quote:

Nope his senior year in highschool they were champs. Looked it up myself.

Were they undefeated?...I knew they won it that year because I was at the tournament...so you're saying that was the only year Vince got a ring...?

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Anyone remember the last time VC hit a game winner in the playoffs?

Just sayin'.

O u have to hit a Game Winning shot in the Playoffs be be considered a go to guy. that makes sense. Not. Whens the last time Kobe hit a "game winning shot" in the playoffs.

I remember Derek Fisher did. Is he a "go to guy" in the 4th?

Btw Vince hit many game winning shots in the 4th during the regular season.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Doesn't Carter have a Gold Medal?

Great point man, last time I checked it was VC that was the best player on the USA team and won the gold for the USA. Infact he beat everyone on that team in 1 on 1 in practice lol.

But T-REX still is a fool no mater how much legit info he's given and will have a weak come back. Time to clock out and go home bud it's past your bed time.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Anyone remember the last time VC hit a game winner in the playoffs?

Just sayin'.

What do game winners in the playoffs have to do with rings? Lebron hit one too. How'd that end up?