quote:
Originally posted by Mastermind:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by O-Town Baller:

He probably didn't even pursue Rasheed because he's a ****ing dumb*** GM who makes mistakes. I am happy with Bass but Otis sucks. Plain and Simple. Please Bass or Gortat

Yeah he is such a terrible GM that he pulled the Alston trade out of nowhere to help us get to the finals. Then when Hedo turned down a reasonable offer he just went out and traded for an All-Star in Carter and a nice young PF in Anderson. He is the worst ever. We should fire him and hire Isaiah Thomas. ***sarcasm***

Excellent job there, and if no one else has.......Welcome to the boards!!

Sometimes I wonder what would have been if Otis allowed Hedo to hold the team hostage while he shoped himself all over the league??

What would have occured when we found out that VC was offered to Otis but he passed in hope of some loyality from Turk!!!! Well.....we still have work to be done....but we also got better.....look at what we have to put on the floor!!!

The league and Boston are still worried about us!! As they should be.

thanks

Of course other teams are worried about us, otherwise why would they be going so deep into the luxury tax to keep up or try to surpass us. At the end of the day Orl. is the defending Eastern Conf. Champs (no small feat). How else can you explain Shaq, Gordon & Charlie V., Hedo, and now Sheed? So the contenders have made their moves, now lets wait and see Otis' response.

Now here young mastermind is where we differ.......I don't think we continue to wait for anything else to shake free!! Otis can not afford to wait...he needs to match and offer the full or 3/4 MLE to Bass then McDyess and the fillers can come from the areas deemed "Last resort" aka SL Vet min and lastly NBDL!!!!

I agree with you on Otis being aggressive. When I said wait I meant that we the fans should be patient. I firmly believe that Otis has some deals in the works, he is just working quietly behind the scenes like he has in the past. We already had it reported earlier in the day on another thread that some team has offerred Bass a 5/25 mil deal, it could be the Magic. Also the McDyess camp has been mysteriously quiet. Hmmmmmmm?

quote:
Originally posted by VCMagic15:

Why are you guys still talking Gortat? isnt he 100% gone?

No! Otis can still match Dallas' offer. Gortat can't sign till 07/08.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He probably didn't even pursue Rasheed because he's a ****ing dumb*** GM who makes mistakes. I am happy with Bass but Otis sucks. Plain and Simple. Please Bass or Gortat

Yeah he is such a terrible GM that he pulled the Alston trade out of nowhere to help us get to the finals. Then when Hedo turned down a reasonable offer he just went out and traded for an All-Star in Carter and a nice young PF in Anderson. He is the worst ever. We should fire him and hire Isaiah Thomas. ***sarcasm***

Sometimes I wonder what would have been if Otis allowed Hedo to hold the team hostage while he shoped himself all over the league??

What would have occured when we found out that VC was offered to Otis but he passed in hope of some loyality from Turk!!!! Well.....we still have work to be done....but we also got better.....look at what we have to put on the floor!!!

thanks

Of course other teams are worried about us, otherwise why would they be going so deep into the luxury tax to keep up or try to surpass us. At the end of the day Orl. is the defending Eastern Conf. Champs (no small feat). How else can you explain Shaq, Gordon & Charlie V., Hedo, and now Sheed? So the contenders have made their moves, now lets wait and see Otis' response.

Now here young mastermind is where we differ.......I don't think we continue to wait for anything else to shake free!! Otis can not afford to wait...he needs to match and offer the full or 3/4 MLE to Bass then McDyess and the fillers can come from the areas deemed "Last resort" aka SL Vet min and lastly NBDL!!!!

I agree with you on Otis being aggressive. When I said wait I meant that we the fans should be patient. I firmly believe that Otis has some deals in the works, he is just working quietly behind the scenes like he has in the past. We already had it reported earlier in the day on another thread that some team has offerred Bass a 5/25 mil deal, it could be the Magic. Also the McDyess camp has been mysteriously quiet. Hmmmmmmm?

Excellent, and great point on the McDyess camp, I think Joe D has been in his ear, as I read he was trying to keep him, so he will hold out for the Pistons! I think he wants to die in a Piston Uniform!! LOL

I think Detroit will be back in it this year because of Gordon and Charlie V. Obviously Cleavland will be in it and now Boston is probably the fav in the East. So what will be Otis's next move simple, we lost sheed, we have to get Bass. Anything short of getting Bass this off season is a HUGE FAILURE.

quote:

Rather have Bass or McDyess anyways. Both model citizens. Also they would probably fit in our starting lineup better ( not demanding shots ). They are better rebounders which would improve our overall team defense tremendously. Look at how many off. reb. other teams got on us during the playoffs and the lack of off. reb. we got. Its hard for Sheed to get rebounds standing at the 3pt line or arguing with refs at the other end of the court.

model citizens good god we dont need that we need pure mongral we want a guy that realy give it to our opponents and inspire his teammates to do the same dwight gets hacked pushed and held all dam game gets so frustrated he throws an elbow that misses and gets suspended we need the guy thats going to help dwight and get retrabution during that game not once our franchise player gets so damm frustrated he snaps and dose somthing about it.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

thanks

Excellent, and great point on the McDyess camp, I think Joe D has been in his ear, as I read he was trying to keep him, so he will hold out for the Pistons! I think he wants to die in a Piston Uniform!! LOL

If they play dice at c... he just might die..

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:

Rather have Bass or McDyess anyways. Both model citizens. Also they would probably fit in our starting lineup better ( not demanding shots ). They are better rebounders which would improve our overall team defense tremendously. Look at how many off. reb. other teams got on us during the playoffs and the lack of off. reb. we got. Its hard for Sheed to get rebounds standing at the 3pt line or arguing with refs at the other end of the court.

model citizens good god we dont need that we need pure mongral we want a guy that realy give it to our opponents and inspire his teammates to do the same dwight gets hacked pushed and held all dam game gets so frustrated he throws an elbow that misses and gets suspended we need the guy thats going to help dwight and get retrabution during that game not once our franchise player gets so damm frustrated he snaps and dose somthing about it.

I agree we need one of those kind of players, but he shouldn't be a starter. Rather he should be a hired thug on the bench that when he gets thrown out of the game and/or suspended it doesn't hurt the team. Someone like a Rick Mahorn type of enforcer. You only send him in when Dwight is getting mugged.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

thanks

If they play dice at c... he just might die..

Plus with Charlie V. there now he probably wouldn't start. We could offer that.

The Celtics are scary and they don't have match up problems with us.

Last season w/o KG and Wallace they took us to 7 games.