Sign in to follow this  
Rafael17222

Garnett for Grant?

In light of the KG trade, I just wanted to bring back this thread to read some of your answers back in November.

I was just wondering for those who was against this, like I was, what do you think about it now?

I was driving home this afternoon and I turned on 740the team. I caught Jerry O'Neill and the Shot Doctor discussing a trade between Orlando and Minnesota for Kevin Garnett involving Grant Hill (and his expiring contract) and Darko. After listening for awhile I realize is was just a hypothetical discussion, but the Shot Doctor says that if that trade becomes available we would be fools not to pull the trigger. I don't know about you guys, but even though Garnett is one of the premier players in the NBA, I wouldn't want to fool around with the chemistry that this team is starting to build. Who knows how many more years Garnett is going to be effective, this team is young. I also think that Grant Hill is a positive influence to this young team. What do you guys think?

In light of the KG trade, I just wanted to bring back this thread to read some of your answers back in November.

I was just wondering for those who was against this, like I was, what do you think about it now?

I was driving home this afternoon and I turned on 740the team. I caught Jerry O'Neill and the Shot Doctor discussing a trade between Orlando and Minnesota for Kevin Garnett involving Grant Hill (and his expiring contract) and Darko. After listening for awhile I realize is was just a hypothetical discussion, but the Shot Doctor says that if that trade becomes available we would be fools not to pull the trigger. I don't know about you guys, but even though Garnett is one of the premier players in the NBA, I wouldn't want to fool around with the chemistry that this team is starting to build. Who knows how many more years Garnett is going to be effective, this team is young. I also think that Grant Hill is a positive influence to this young team. What do you guys think?

Heard a version of this (rumor of course) about 4 weeks ago. Said that VC was just a smokescreen. And yes, it would work from an intensity, a veteran, a passion - almost any standpoint you could think of.

Unless Darko starts playing with more consistency, I would do it. Where the hell is Darko's desire? Over seas? He's the man over there ... why not here?

Look, the trade will not happen ... period. If it did, I would crown us NBA champs for the next few years.

Well, I'm gonna lose popularity on this but.....

I'd trade Hill for KG in a New York Minute. I would try to get em to take Battie and maybe Diener instead of Darko, but I'd do it if it had to be done. And this is why:

Chemistry? Grant Hill may be a good role model, but I have yet to see good chemistry when he's on the court with our boyz. As a matter of fact, when he sits, we either erase an opponents lead or run away with our own lead. Don't believe me. Hold me to this. Watch 3 games and if I'm wrong you can re-post this and I'll appologize, but I'm Not Wrong.

Game condition: When was the last time Garnett missed a game? Do the research and you'll find that it doesn't happen much. He has a 3-point shot, can rebound, block and has an intensity that is un-matched in this league.

Dwight at Center and Garnett at Forward with the guys we have a G, 2G and SF? Guaranteed championship.

Nothing is guarenteed my friend...

Right now ...It would screw us up ...we don't need another cog in the wheel ...

If we give up Hill ...what sg are you talking about...a Back-up.

Maybe next year ...If it don't work ...

not now ...don't kill our drive...

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

drewskyy: No way the Wolves would do this without Darko. In fact, they dont even want Hill. The only reason why he would be in the trade would be to balance out the money. Darko would fill the need for a future big man for them. Thus, the trade is KG for a future center and cap space. So forget about Battie or Diener going.

....regardless, we need to reserve cap space for V. Carter this summer.

I know this wouldn't ever happen and I didn't want to waste my time with a response, but you all are crazy if you wouldn't do it. You're talking about a GREATEST 50 PLAYER for DARKO & Hill's expiring contract!!! Stop being HOMERS and wake up. Yes, KG is getting older but he still has a good 4 yrs left in him and that would give us some REAL twin towers. DARKO has yet to prove anything to us and HILL can easily become a FA after the season and resign with us for the vet min. And since KG is on the team, that would only help D12 cause he'll have a real teacher to learn from. DARKO is trying to become what KG already is. I would do this in a heart beat.....OK, time to wake up now. That was a nyce dream.