Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkSide

Hamas steals Mickey Mouse

Diplomacy works when the two parties involved will honor what they say.

What proof shows us that these Middle East countries and North Korea will follow through with anything they say. It literally took 2 months for North Korea to go back on the deal Clinton offered in the 90's (Nuclear Energy) by turning those plants into enrichment centers.

These terrorists in the Middle East pose an existential threat. They believe the are preparing the world for armegeddon and cleansing the world of infidels. Their ultimate goal is the destruction of us. You can't negotiate with them. And the sad part is, this lunatic fringe has found sympathizers in legitamite (and by legitamite I mean recognized by the UN, whatever stock you put into that) governments, Iran for example.

quote:
I would give it a try, but don't forget that it has been tried for thousands of years.

davcivic, I would argue the exact opposite has been tried for thousands of years...

quote:
nce for success is far greater then the current "blow them out of their caves" technique.

I saw it on channel nine eyewitness.

You know, theres no control over this world called Earth and the universe. We can't stop stereotypes, diagreement, time, fate, and opinions, racism, beliefs, and most of all evil

But we'll try my friends, we'll try.

quote:
These are men that are seeking power and money and are using hatred and religion to obtain it. This hatred is alot more widespread that you think. Trust me, I've seen it first hand. Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, Sudan, Lebanon, even supposed U.S. allies like Saudia Arabia and Pakistan are hot beds for terrorist recruitment and training.

I've seen 10% thrown around several times as the percentage of fundamentalist Muslims. Thus, since there are roughly 120 billion Muslims, there are about 120 million fundamentalists... I'm not underestimating the situation.

I completely agree that these are men using religion for power and wealth. Saddam is the perfect example. Typically, he repressed religion and saw it as getting in the way of his power. However, when convenient, he spoke as if he was a devout follower as Islam.

quote:
You can't fight violence with violence? History has proven that wrong time and time again.

Actually, history has proven that correct time and time again. Just let me ask you this question: How many times has a war prevented a further conflict? The answer... zero. For example, what was WWII?... It was a continuation of WWI. Violence has never lead to peace.

quote:
We could elect a president with a completely opposite view and he will be still be the most hated man in the world.

There is no way to truly figure this out. It is virtually impossible to accurately gage public opinion around the world, much less a topic like this. However, wouldn't a president who actually believes these people aren't from the stone age help?

quote:
Unfortunately, due to the resources of our country, the U.S. military has become the world's police.

It doesn't have to be that way. Just because we have all these tanks laying around doesn't mean we need to find something to do. Military Industrial Complex.

quote:
Us trying to have peace talks with them, would be like the Jews trying to have peace talks with Hitler, it just wont happen.

Perhaps, but it is important to note that Hitler's rise is the result of our, and the rest of Europe's WWI mistakes.

quote:

What proof shows us that these Middle East countries and North Korea will follow through with anything they say. It literally took 2 months for North Korea to go back on the deal Clinton offered in the 90's (Nuclear Energy) by turning those plants into enrichment centers.

These terrorists in the Middle East pose an existential threat. They believe the are preparing the world for armegeddon and cleansing the world of infidels. Their ultimate goal is the destruction of us. You can't negotiate with them. And the sad part is, this lunatic fringe has found sympathizers in legitamite (and by legitamite I mean recognized by the UN, whatever stock you put into that) governments, Iran for example.

You're right. But we are taking the wrong approach to this. This war cannot be fought using traditional techniques. These guys do not have infrastructures and capitals and massive armies. They are loose organizations without much organization. Until we rethink our strategy, we will be fighting this war forever.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

quote:

You're right. But we are taking the wrong approach to this. This war cannot be fought using traditional techniques. These guys do not have infrastructures and capitals and massive armies. They are loose organizations without much organization. Until we rethink our strategy, we will be fighting this war forever.

You're right as well. We have been handling terrorism wrong as far back as the Carter Administration and his bungling of the Iranian Embassy hostage situation.

There is one thing we have learned over the past four decades in dealing with terrorists, hard line approaches have precipitated more favorable outcomes than those of diplomacy. In my opinion, diplomacy is meaningless when dealing with Islamfacists and state-less organizations whose sole purpose is to create hate, violence and death.

In this situation, you have to fight fire with fire.

I think President Bush has screwed up in some of his tactics to stem terrorism, but if you take a larger view, there have been no terrorist attacks on US soil since 9-11. That is a huge plus. I also think he has mishandled much of the Iraq situation.

I don't want to turn this into a Pro/Anti Bush topic, so I'll stick to terrorism, and in my opinion, what we need to do is everything in our power to wipe these people off the face of the Earth. They provide nothing positive to the advancement of the human race and wish nothing but death and destruction on you, me, my neighbors, my countrymen and on and on and on.........