Sign in to follow this  
masazasm1

If Nets Buy out Battie's contract would you want him back?

I don't think he would be anyones first choice. but when you step back and look at the roster and if you read the comments made by Stan in John Dentons article today, Stan says he would like to have at least 5 bigs if not 6. to bring back Tony, who would surely take vet min. will help fill roster and add veteran leadership. Not to mention what Dwight has said, I'm sure all of you have read that. I would bring him back on the cheap, I think it's a no brainer.

quote:
Originally posted by masazasm1:

It was rumored that the Nets were going to buy out Tony's contract, back when the trade was made for Carter. I could see Otis bringing him back as one of the players he plans to split up the MLE for.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I would take him back for a multitude of reasons. #1 would be because Dwight would want him back. #2 would be because he is a great glue guy. #3 would be because he is better than Foyle. #4 would be because he accepts whatever role he is given. #5 would be because he can play solid defense in the post. I could name a few more but these are my top 5.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

God No! That was the 2nd best part of that deal. Unfortunately, getting Ryan Anderson in that deal has convinced some Orlando doesn't actually need to go get a real PF now.

The most frightening sig I have ever seen. Do you really think so?

Please tell me no. The lingering feeling of nausea permeates my existence.

In a 3rd string back up at the minimum in a heartbeat. He knows the system and the players and is great locker room leadership. He could mentor Anderson for us and be available in a pinch at center.

If Otis offered him a part of the MLE, I would suggest it would be time schedule his impromtu drug screening! Right after Joe D!!

Vet Min only.