Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Insider Info (ESPN) Update pg.11(Best F.A. remaining)

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Ric Bucher is an idiot.

But Boston should be the favorite right now.

Bucher may be an idiot...but if my memory serves he was the guy that via twitter told everybody about the Blazers intentions to sign Hedo as early as Sunday night???

Everybody knew Portland was interested in Hedo, even before the off-season. If my memory serves he was the guy via twitter told everybody that the Artest deal wasn't true. He's an idiot.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

Ric Bucher is an idiot.

But Boston should be the favorite right now.

Bucher may be an idiot...but if my memory serves he was the guy that via twitter told everybody about the Blazers intentions to sign Hedo as early as Sunday night???

there were rumors half way through the season that Pritchard wanted Hedo so...it wasnt breaking news really for a lot of folks, especially blazer fans...

Rasho would be a solid pickup, especially if we miss out on Gortat and Sheed.

I also think Ryan Hollins could fit that role, too. He was pretty solid for the Mavs in the postseason, and he's only 24 year old.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

I also think Ryan Hollins could fit that role, too. He was pretty solid for the Mavs in the postseason, and he's only 24 year old.

will think I would want to see zaza instead... He is a better rebounder and has more energy...

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

will think I would want to see zaza instead... He is a better rebounder and has more energy...

Exactly! He also loved it here when we drafted him.....and He hates KG!!! I actually beleive he is better than Marcin, withot the drama!!

Chad Ford just updated his big board...this is what he had to say about the remaining free agents...I only listed the ones I thought the Magic would be interested in...

quote:

16. Marcin Gortat, Magic (RFA)

Agreed to Terms With: Mavericks

Salary: 5 years, $34 million

Gortat was as hot as any free agent on the market. There are few young bigs with his size and his motor. He hasn't been hugely productive yet, but in his defense, he was playing behind Dwight Howard. The big question right now, will the Magic match the Mavericks' offer? If they do, they'll pay a serious luxury tax penalty. But with no real big behind Howard, do they really have a choice? This is the second year that Mavs have thrown the full mid-level at a young center with questionable numbers. Last year's signee, DeSagana Diop, didn't last the year in Dallas. Hopefully Gortat will last longer.

You're right Chad, we don't have a choice...

quote:

7. Lamar Odom, Lakers (UFA)

Teams Interested: Lakers, Cavs

Salary Range: $6-8 million per year

Odom is one of the most interesting free agents on the open market. With Kobe, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum on L.A.'s roster, the Lakers don't really need him, especially if they re-sign Ariza. Still, Odom is a great team guy who can rebound and initiate the offense, and he doesn't need the ball to be effective. If he doesn't stick in L.A., a line of teams should be waiting to snatch him up.

Don't know how we could get him but after watching him torch us in the Finals...and knowing Stan Van loves him and coached him in Miami...just wish we could make a play for him.

quote:

19. Antonio McDyess, Pistons (UFA)

Teams Interested: Pistons, Cavs, Celtics, Spurs

Salary Range: $3-5 million per year

McDyess is getting up there in age, but he's still very productive and a model citizen on and off the court. If he bolts Detroit, it will be to chase a championship. I think every title contender would love to have him.

Can't figure out why the Magic's name doesn't come up with regards to this guy...I listed him because Chad says every title contender would love him.

For the record, Brandon Bass was listed...but just in the category of other unrestricted notables.

Glenn Davis was the first guy on the list for other restricted notables.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...=FreeAgents09-090629

quote:
quote:

McDyess is getting up there in age, but he's still very productive and a model citizen on and off the court. If he bolts Detroit, it will be to chase a championship. I think every title contender would love to have him.

Can't figure out why the Magic's name doesn't come up with regards to this guy...I listed him because Chad says every title contender would love him.

For the record, Brandon Bass was listed...but just in the category of other unrestricted notables.

Because we are never a title contender remember???

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
quote:

Because we are never a title contender remember???

we fans are.. just the FO doesnt seem to be. maybe we are overrating them a little huh?

Dice was my second option to Sheed from the beginning.

I think he plays tough defense and gobbles up the rebounds. He doesn't have the 3 point shot nor the shotblocking ability as Sheed but he's got a sweet mid range game.

2 year contract at the MLE would be nice.

Otis do something man..