Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Otis...Prove your worth...GO GET FRAN

Yep I said it in another thread and after some thought I figured it deserves it own thread.

Fran has 1 year left on his deal and this is the first time since signing Rashard Lewis that we have a big opening for him. If he ever wants to make a name for himself in the NBA and NBA money he needs to come over.

If Otis is going to work the phones for Sheed and Bass, he would prove wise to cross the Atlantic, sit down one on one with Fran and his team and try and work it out. There should be a lot of pressure on Fran now that Gasol won an NBA championship. I would imagine if Otis starts with the angle of he needs to come and represent his country in the way that Gasol did then he would now have a much better chance to get him to finally come over.

Fran would be in the rotation this year. Might even could start by the end of the season and be an important part in the finals. That is what I would tell him at least.

Yep I said it in another thread and after some thought I figured it deserves it own thread.

Fran has 1 year left on his deal and this is the first time since signing Rashard Lewis that we have a big opening for him. If he ever wants to make a name for himself in the NBA and NBA money he needs to come over.

If Otis is going to work the phones for Sheed and Bass, he would prove wise to cross the Atlantic, sit down one on one with Fran and his team and try and work it out. There should be a lot of pressure on Fran now that Gasol won an NBA championship. I would imagine if Otis starts with the angle of he needs to come and represent his country in the way that Gasol did then he would now have a much better chance to get him to finally come over.

Fran would be in the rotation this year. Might even could start by the end of the season and be an important part in the finals. That is what I would tell him at least.

I know there is a higher likelihood he comes next year when his contract is up, but I figure given out lack of front court depth, the fact Gasol was in the finals and he has a chance to possibly start. All would be great selling points if Otis were to pitch it to him. If not the writing may have been on the wall a long time ago and he is never coming over.

The prospect sounds pretty much impossible. I was just reading, a week ago, that Fran's buyout is right around $7 million. I also read comments from Otis in which he states that if Fran wants to come over, he is going to have to deal with the buyout by himself.

I think it was rtillaree that had pointed out that teams are only aloud to spend $500,000 to buyout a player's contract.

I think the Fran ship has sailed...he is just another player that has screwed this organization. So, in that way, I want Fran in a Magic uniform like I want Shaq (T-Mac, Hill, etc) in a Magic uniform.

Fran is a past mistake that needs to be put to rest. We are not gonna spend the money to buy him out and our money is better spent with proven talent than a maybe, which Vazquez is.

Let him and this wild notion that hes worth a crap go.

Let's see....

Otis can either go after players and talent that have proven themselves at the NBA level, or....

Go after a player that embarrassed the organization, and has not been willing to come over and prove he can play in this league.

Yeah, Otis, you have an opportunity to prove your worth here. Don't fail us now.

And while you're at it, go back and get Billy Donovan and convince him to replace SVG. Same principle.

C'mon, Otis, step up !!