Sign in to follow this  
Blackhennie

BASS NEWS and Videos: New Article Braking Bass down by Numbers pg30

Since dallas is in the Western conference, a lot of people here dont know who Brandon Bass is as a player. He is a Freak. Think about having Anthony Mason and Charles Oakley making a kid. He has a very good jump shot like Oakley but he is quick like mason, with the ability to jump out the gym. He was in the top 20 in ft%. Hug hustle and Energy guy. And, to Top it off he is 24yrs old and answers almost every weakness of ours team.

Positives

very good mid range jump shot

FT%

Energy and hustle

Toughness and physical

Athletic

Can play multiple Defensive position

Fits and fills a starter position for the magic

young 24

Powerful finisher at the basket

Can take a few dribbles with left and right hand to scorer

Weaknesses

Has not played starters mins (Was behind Dirk)

Does not have a post game

Not a three pt shooter

he is short at 6"8 (but long armed)

sometimes gets shot blocked because of height

Not a good passer

The Enforcer: Brandon Bass =mason + oakely

Here is BASS's shot chart

http://netsarescorching.com/?s=bass&x=0&y=0

====================Videos=========================

If I had to choose between lewis or bass Guarding Labron, I would choose Bass. He is quicker then most people credit him.

=================ARTICLE=======================

May 22, 2009 Brandon Bass, Free Agent Targets: 2009, Ryan Anderson, Yi

Way back when Rod Thorn gave his state of the team address, he called this upcoming free agent class average at best. While he was unable to talk about any specific player (due to NBA rules), you just got the feeling that the Nets wouldn

Since dallas is in the Western conference, a lot of people here dont know who Brandon Bass is as a player. He is a Freak. Think about having Anthony Mason and Charles Oakley making a kid. He has a very good jump shot like Oakley but he is quick like mason, with the ability to jump out the gym. He was in the top 20 in ft%. Hug hustle and Energy guy. And, to Top it off he is 24yrs old and answers almost every weakness of ours team.

Positives

very good mid range jump shot

FT%

Energy and hustle

Toughness and physical

Athletic

young 24

Powerful finisher at the basket

Can take a few dribbles with left and right hand to scorer

Weaknesses

Not a three pt shooter

sometimes gets shot blocked because of height

Not a good passer

Here is BASS's shot chart

http://netsarescorching.com/?s=bass&x=0&y=0

====================Videos=========================

If I had to choose between lewis or bass Guarding Labron, I would choose Bass. He is quicker then most people credit him.

=================ARTICLE=======================

May 22, 2009 Brandon Bass, Free Agent Targets: 2009, Ryan Anderson, Yi

Way back when Rod Thorn gave his state of the team address, he called this upcoming free agent class average at best. While he was unable to talk about any specific player (due to NBA rules), you just got the feeling that the Nets wouldn

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

Think about having Anthony Mason and Charles Oakley making a kid.

Your thoughts?

LOL!

I have seen him play and could use a player like him, but I would rather get R. Wallace. He can still give 3 more years, good defender and can step outisde to hit the 3.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:

Think about having Anthony Mason and Charles Oakley making a kid.

Your thoughts?

LOL!

I have seen him play and could use a player like him, but I would rather get R. Wallace. He can still give 3 more years, good defender and can step outside to hit the 3.

The age of bass makes him attractive for me

I would take bass over dice

The only reason I would take Rasheed over Bass is because he can guard the Center position. However, if we resign Gortat, I'd be fine with signing Bass instead of Sheed. He reminds me a lot of Jason Maxiell, who I always wanted when we play Detroit. I would love seeing a second unit with Bass and Gortat off the bench. That would be a rebound gobbling, shot blocking crew.

I'm DEFINITELY down. I love the thought of sheed on this team, but feel much more confident with bass, considering his age. Anderson could be his backup...this is predicated on the thought that we re-sign gortat though. If you ask me, Re-signing Gortat is of the utmost importance at this point.

quote:

Since dallas is on the west coast, a lot of people here dont know who Brandon Bass is as a player. He is a Freak. Think about having Anthony Mason and Charles Oakley making a kid. He has a very good jump shot like Oakley but he is quick like mason, with the ability to jump out the gym. He was in the top 20 in ft%. Hug hustle and Energy guy. And, to Top it off he is 24yrs old and answers almost every weakness of ours team.

Positives

Jump shot

FT%

Energy and hustle

Toughness and physical

Athletic

young 24

Weaknesses

Not a three pt shooter

Videos

Your thoughts?

i have no issue with him being 6'8. Jason Maxiell is 6'7 and is a beast on the boards. And as long as he has a wide, strong body, it doesn't matter if he is 6'2. If he can get good positioningand boxes the guy out, no one will get that rebound with a body like Bass'. Examples of shorter rebounders, Charles Barkley, Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, etc.

And saying that not having a 3 point shot is negative shows how much we rely on the outside game.

quote:

the play at the :53 mark won me over. I want this guy over everyone that's out there. DAM!!!!

Imagine a front court of: Dwight, Anderson, Gortat, & Bass for the next 5 yrs.

If we get Rasheed Wallace, then every position we have besides Center could shoot the 3.

PF - Sheed/Anderson (can shoot 3's)

SF - Shard/Pietrus (can shoot 3's)

SG - Carter/Redick (can shoot 3's)

PG - Nelson/Johnson (can shoot 3's)

I can see why people would rather have Rasheed Wallace, because the dynamic of the team will never change when we go to our bench.

If the Magic get one or two really good PFs... yeehaw! A rim banging PF is what we need

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

the play at the :53 mark won me over. I want this guy over everyone that's out there. DAM!!!!

Imagine a front court of: Dwight, Anderson, Gortat, & Bass for the next 5 yrs.

Although I would love Sheed to land here, but let's face it he would be rental property only....good, proven and worn in many areas, but this kid Bass is in the final stages of his rookie contract and he represents or answers the question of what the Magic PF spot should be!!! He is the future!!!!