Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Magic Trade For Vince Carter [Updated: Pics in Magic Jersey]

Vince Carter isn't as good as he use to be, but remember, he's on a bad team. I think on our team, even without Hedo, we'll be unstoppable. With Hedo, it's not even fair.

Potvak actually put this up on AOL about 40 minutes ago...

quote:
Worried that they can't re-sign free agent Hedo Turkoglu without being handcuffed by the luxury tax for several years, the Orlando Magic were talking trade possibilities with New Jersey about Vince Carter and with Houston about Tracy McGrady, according to NBA sources.

Although Carter and McGrady would cost considerably more next season than Turkoglu

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

The link has been updated and the proposed trade now includes

wait for it...

Ryan Anderson...

I like Anderson, hes got a sweet shot and is a decent rebounder.

I just dont like the inclusion of Lee in this trade.

But Anderson in this deal makes it easier for me to digest

I just threw it up in the ESPN thing and it says the trade failed so they must just be throwing stuff out there.

Don't forget the trade exceptions did you include those when you worked the trade machine?

Because the information has just been updated as of 4:25 and it shows this deal should be completed by days end.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfanagain:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfanagain:

JJ fans unite! The argument is apparently a night away from ending. Wow. Just when I was a magic fan again, and finally started enjoying the NBA a little again. Nice talking to some of you on here. Looks like I'll be joining a Nets forum soon as well, and hoping Jay-z can somehow get Lebron to come play with Harris and Lee in 2010.

Superman can't be too happy about this...him and Lee were reportedly quite good friends.

part of being a fan of a team is sticking with team when they lose or make stupid decisions, if u wanna leave and be a nets fan... go right ahead....front runner

Actually, a lot of casual NBA fans, as I consider myself, switch favorite teams with their favorite player. Don't act so shocked. I would still like and follow the Magic, and with Carter, if he stays healthy and doesn't complain about touches a repeat Finals appearance not only could, but SHOULD be in the books next year.

CLEE is my favorite player but guess what im a magic fan.... when your favorite player retires what do u do switch teams to your new favorite player.......? pick a team and stick with them.... it makes it that much sweeter when that team wins it all or is successful... if your a bandwagon and switch from championship team to championship you'll never fully appreciate it....

haha what part of CASUAL fan don't you get? and a favorite player retiring is different than playing elsewhere and following that team as well. i have LIKED orlando since the Penny days, but i basically quit watching the NBA due to the lack of officiating and superstars being allowed to break all the rules awhile back. only when Lee was drafted from WKU - where I go to school - did i begin to actually watch it again. you must be bored and having a rough day to argue with someone over something you can't control and shouldn't care about - whether or not i "fully appreciate" whatever "it" is.

Hoopsworld..

quote:
Lee, who is one of the best up-and-coming point guards in the NBA (and the last rookie standing from the 2008 NBA Draft) adds to a deep young talent pool in New Jersey, while Carter gives the Magic the one weapon they lacked against the Los Angeles Lakers: a scoring two who can create his own shot and keep Kobe Bryant busy on the defensive end.