Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Now that the Big Flop has gone to the Cavs...

one thing this does for sure, is makes it even more important to re-sign Marcin. With Shaq in the conference now, teams have to make sure they have big men to throw at him. Yeah, we have Dwight, but look how he gets treated already playing vs. the Cavs. He'll foul out by middle of the 2nd and we'll throw....BATTIE? at Shaq? lol

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Now I will look even more forward to watching the Magic oust the Cavaliers in next year's playoffs.

Unless Shaq suddenly is allowed 18 fouls, I don't see how the Cavs have solved the Dwight Howard problem with this move. Sorry, but Shaq cannot keep up with Howard, despite any advantage Shaq might enjoy in the bulk department.

The REAL problem here is a year from now, when Shaq's contract goes bye-bye and the Cavs have all kinds of space to add a top-flight second banana to LeBron.

One of our resident cap experts will need to verify, but I think the Cav's payroll is over 90 million. Shedding Shaq's contract at the end of the season will allow them zero added flexibility to sign another free agent. They could trade him for one before the deadline, but that would defeat the purpose of signing him to help deal with Dwight.

The cavs will only have 5 players under contract for next year. They will have tons of money and could get Bosh easily. Not to mention Shaq wants to win and if this is successful which i think it will be he will probably resign next year for cheap. If Shaq plays like he did this year the Cavs will be hard to beat. Plus I think they will still add some players.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Now I will look even more forward to watching the Magic oust the Cavaliers in next year's playoffs.

Unless Shaq suddenly is allowed 18 fouls, I don't see how the Cavs have solved the Dwight Howard problem with this move. Sorry, but Shaq cannot keep up with Howard, despite any advantage Shaq might enjoy in the bulk department.

The REAL problem here is a year from now, when Shaq's contract goes bye-bye and the Cavs have all kinds of space to add a top-flight second banana to LeBron.

One of our resident cap experts will need to verify, but I think the Cav's payroll is over 90 million. Shedding Shaq's contract at the end of the season will allow them zero added flexibility to sign another free agent. They could trade him for one before the deadline, but that would defeat the purpose of signing him to help deal with Dwight.

The cavs will only have 5 players under contract for next year. They will have tons of money and could get Bosh easily. Not to mention Shaq wants to win and if this is successful which i think it will be he will probably resign next year for cheap. If Shaq plays like he did this year the Cavs will be hard to beat. Plus I think they will still add some players.

Shaq will not play cheap, his ego will never allow it.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Shaq will not play cheap, his ego will never allow it.

Real Talk.

Tru Dat 8)

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

Lets put it this way. There is no way this organization wants to go down at the hands of Shaq. So you better make it important to resign both Hedo and Gortat. Then you better get Sheed or Dice and you better find a way to make use of the expiring contracts. It is that simple. If we want to remain the Eastern conference best we better be prepared to pay the luxury tax like Cleveland, Washington and Boston. It is that simple. OK RDV Put your money where your mouth is.

Honestly, it's the same story every off-season. Team A and Team B both make a big splash in the form of a trade/free agency, Team C will have to endure changes as well if they are to remain competitive with A and B because of the increased toughness of their respective conference. What a load of bull****.

The reason A and B make these moves is because they're desperate to remain competitive with team C, who shouldn't have to respond to lesser teams. I would understand if Cleveland acquired someone like Chandler (Who, they SHOULD have gotten instead, IMO) or Stoudemire, but Shaq?

It's been like this for the past two seasons, when most of the analysts predicted Philly and Toronto to leapfrog both Orlando AND Cleveland with the signings of Jermaine and Elton.

Orlando doesn't have to do anything fancy. Resign Turk, pick up a serviceable backup big ala McDyess and potentially use Rafer and Tony to acquire another big if need be.

How does this benefits Phoenix?

Pavlovic may give them another wing player to use, but I don't quite see it? Can somebody explain it? Is it for cap relief for the Suns?

I just would hate to look at another gift wrapped for a superstar lol.