Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Magic Possibilities in Response to Day O' Trades

1. I don't think so. If we were to acquire a pick, it would be a 2nd rounder. I don't think the RDV family is willing to pay "that" much on the lux tax.

2. I definitely acquiring a banger is something that is being looked at without taking much salary in return.

Just a question that I'm too lazy to go dig up an answer for, but why would teams want our TE and if it's valuable, can we use it instead of trading it?

I hope that now since we're a serious contender, we can get some valuable pieces for cheap like the Spurs have been doin for years.

What would be the possibility of a sign-and-trade with hedo and battie or JJ to detroit for Rip or Rip and Tayshaun if they'd do both?

As much as I want Lee to continue his starting role, who better to learn from for a year or two than the original masked man (not zorro, rip)? Rip has championship pedigree and experience, can start or come off the bench, would allow us to keep Pietrus in his future 6th man of the year role backing up Shard at the SF, and provide a tutor/mentor for Lee. If they would send Tayshaun as well, there's another title experienced big man to come off the bench or start at PF. Of course if this went down, we'd need to start Pietrus or bring in a SF, but I think it could be a good deal. If we swing a pick out of it from Detroit it could be used to draft a SF or PF and keep Shard at the PF if needed.

Here is what I'm wondering. Somehow if Otis uses the TE or uses our expirings to trade for a player PRIOR to FA for either a decent sf or big, wouldn't that give us leverage and security in dealing with Turk and Gortat? Worse case scenario, we roll this year with extra salary and a deeper team.

You raise an interesting point. Craig Smith of Minny might be available. Anytime a PF is nicknamed The Rhino, he's alright in my book.

And if you want to be really bold, Mike Redd could probably be had.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

2 Other names to consider right now are Nick Young and Dominic McGuire from Washington. Both could be SF back-up insurance.

Nick Young's game reminds me of Jamaal Crawford. Me no likey.