Sign in to follow this  
Magic Fan 4 Life

The Magic should try and get Tyler Hansbrough

quote:
Originally posted by TNosh87:

Adam Morrison and JJ Redick ring a bell?

Please dont even consider drafting him...it would not be a good fit for the short-term..but I do believe he might develop into a David Lee type player later on in his career..not saying that David Lee is anything special, but people love to mention him as a top free agent...for reasons I will never understand

Is it hard to reason that they may like David Lee because he led the league in double doubles this year(ahead of dwight in case if you didnt know)? Considering our most pressing offseason goal should be rebounding, it seems like a decent choice, dont you think? If he can be had for an expiring contract for example, or our TPE, then I would like to have him.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

Adam Morrison and JJ Redick ring a bell?

Please dont even consider drafting him...it would not be a good fit for the short-term..but I do believe he might develop into a David Lee type player later on in his career..not saying that David Lee is anything special, but people love to mention him as a top free agent...for reasons I will never understand

Is it hard to reason that they may like David Lee because he led the league in double doubles this year(ahead of dwight in case if you didnt know)? Considering our most pressing offseason goal should be rebounding, it seems like a decent choice, dont you think? If he can be had for an expiring contract for example, or our TPE, then I would like to have him.

C'mon now, why would anyone want a 26 year old PF who averages 16 points and 11.7 rebounds a game?

The last thing this team needs is another rebounder.

Talk about a team killer...

quote:

whoop-di-doo, he played good on a on a really bad team...that doesnt impress me

so did chris bosh, caron butler, danny granger, vince carter, Al Jefferson, Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, and Kevin Martin.

Do none of those players impress you? Your argument makes no sense.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe David Lee is a soft player. He plays on a porous defensive team as their only legitimate post player outside of Wilcox. I mean, Shard isn't soft but wasn't that the popular opinion, if not the general consensus when he played back in Seattle?

If incorporated into a ball club that holds a strong defensive foundation, I'm sure Lee would perform just fine on the defensive end. He's also dynamite on the pick and roll, meaning he's no slouch on offense either.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe David Lee is a soft player. He plays on a porous defensive team as their only legitimate post player outside of Wilcox. I mean, Shard isn't soft but wasn't that the popular opinion, if not the general consensus when he played back in Seattle?

If incorporated into a ball club that holds a strong defensive foundation, I'm sure Lee would perform just fine on the defensive end. He's also dynamite on the pick and roll, meaning he's no slouch on offense either.

your exactly right. The only reason David Lee is gettin called out on these boards is because A) hes another fundamental type white guy in the NBA who for some reason everyone loves to hate on and B) he played for Florida, which means that outside of Gator fans you automatically by law are supposed to be hated.

I myself think if we can bring D Lee in here, either start him and move shard to SF if hedo leaves, or bring him off the bench if he stays, were heading back to the finals easy baby.

But seeing as i think it would be very difficult to bring him in for Orlando, id much rather Otis get a late first round pick and snag Psycho-T who has virtually the same game with a bit more athleticism and a bit less d, which will change with some seasoning.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:

whoop-di-doo, he played good on a on a really bad team...that doesnt impress me

so did chris bosh, caron butler, danny granger, vince carter, Al Jefferson, Rudy Gay, Kevin Durant, and Kevin Martin.

Do none of those players impress you? Your argument makes no sense.

Look bro, I dont like David Lee, I never did...him having one above average year (contract year) doesnt make me wanna sign him. If you like him...be my guest. its okay to agree to disagree.

BTW...Vince Carter doesnt impress me

For a guy who is projected as an inside role player he is a very poor defender. He averaged less than 1block per game at UNC. I highly doubt he will be able to score near as well in college b/c he won't be getting nearly the same number of touches and he won't be able to muscle guys up in the paint.

The biggest question mark on Psyco T for me is whether he has hit his prime already at a young age. Seeing him play in college I thought he was better as a Sophmore than as a Senior. His senior year was probably his worst and he disappeared in many games. Ellington and Lawson won the title for UNC not Tyler.