Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

Al Jeff for Amare Stoud trade possibly in the works, could we do better?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...demire_in_the_works/

Folks, on realgm it appears that a deal is in the works for Al Jefferson and Amare Stoudamire to be traded for each other. I know Amare is a really good player, but it just got me thinking. What if we could land Al Jeff? Talk about a nice twin towers look next to Dwight for several years to come!

His contract doesn't appear to be that bad given his scoring ability. He's got a great low post back to the basket game, maybe he could even teach Dwight a thing or two.

If we decided to make a play for him, could we do better than Stoudemire? Such as sign and trade Hedo + Marcin for Jeff + pick? Minny would get a playmaker they so badly need and an up and coming starting center.

Now I know the kicker is that Turk would have to agree to this, which I think Minny is the last place he'd want to be, but if they're willing to pay him much more than we are, maybe it could make sense.

Just wanted to put this out there for conversation. What do you all think?

PS - Commence Al Jeff photoshops in Magic Unis.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wire...demire_in_the_works/

Folks, on realgm it appears that a deal is in the works for Al Jefferson and Amare Stoudamire to be traded for each other. I know Amare is a really good player, but it just got me thinking. What if we could land Al Jeff? Talk about a nice twin towers look next to Dwight for several years to come!

His contract doesn't appear to be that bad given his scoring ability. He's got a great low post back to the basket game, maybe he could even teach Dwight a thing or two.

If we decided to make a play for him, could we do better than Stoudemire? Such as sign and trade Hedo + Marcin for Jeff + pick? Minny would get a playmaker they so badly need and an up and coming starting center.

Now I know the kicker is that Turk would have to agree to this, which I think Minny is the last place he'd want to be, but if they're willing to pay him much more than we are, maybe it could make sense.

Just wanted to put this out there for conversation. What do you all think?

PS - Commence Al Jeff photoshops in Magic Unis.

I don't think that a post player with limited range can play well with a post player with almost no range. We'd go from the team with the best spacing to a team with no spacing. Seems like the kind of radical transformation we would need to make if we lost in the first round, not the NBA Finals

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors

quote:
ESPN's Marc Stein tells us a source with knowledge of Minnesota's thinking insists that the deal is not being discussed. He points out that Jefferson (who is signed long term) and a top-six pick would be an incredibly high price to pay for Stoudemire, who is coming off eye surgery and could walk in free agency in 2010.

Now, the T'Wolves are also responding. According to a spokesperson, "There is absolutely no truth to this deal. In fact, David Kahn, head of basketball operations, called Al Jefferson this morning after seeing these reports to tell him they are not trying to trade him."

Minnesota would never do that deal. Hedo has value but Jefferson has top 5 value in the league. He is better than Amare right now and Gortat does not really hold as much value as the Gorat fanboys think.

hey, why don't the magic sign everyone who played on the eastern conference all star team? but, why stop there. the magic should also sign everyone who played on the western conference all star team. that'll put an end to all these terrible "magic should get this unnecessary player" threads because we'll have every amazing player in the nba. world domination!

I say we deal Gortat/Battie/Alston for Horford/Josh Smith. The salaries would match so they must do it.

The only way this team gets an all star player is if we deal Shard. Which I am totally not against since I think he is a glorified shooter who makes more money than our franchise player and most franchise players. This team would be much better if we dealt Shard, his contract will keep this team from improving for years to come, and he will keep getting worse. I know he is just 30 but he came out of Highschool and played major minutes in Seattle. People argue about Turks age but in basketball terms Shard is much older.

Amare would be a better fit for us and he's actually leaving. But it doesn't matter, we aren't getting any big name players. Unles we lose Turk then maybe we sign someone like Rasheed Wallace.