Sign in to follow this  
MagicMan83

Fire Mike Bianchi-Magic Fans,Boycott the Sentinel

I am so sick of this guy. Every day he bashes the Magic in his article. It seems like instead of finding new interesting things to write about he just goes after the Magic. SO I am now refusing to buy the Orlando Sentinel or go to the paper's website. The News Journal actually reports Magic news. The just don't go into idiotic rants when they need to meet a deadline. So as long as Bianchi is at the sentinel I am boycotting it.Any one want to join me? If not you can find his email address and express your displeasure with him.. GO MAGIC!

I am so sick of this guy. Every day he bashes the Magic in his article. It seems like instead of finding new interesting things to write about he just goes after the Magic. SO I am now refusing to buy the Orlando Sentinel or go to the paper's website. The News Journal actually reports Magic news. The just don't go into idiotic rants when they need to meet a deadline. So as long as Bianchi is at the sentinel I am boycotting it.Any one want to join me? If not you can find his email address and express your displeasure with him.. GO MAGIC!

Since you mentioned it I thought I would post a link and a quote from him.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...olumn?coll=orl-magic

Examples:

GM Otis Smith eight weeks ago when asked whether Hill would return as coach next season: "We're not letting him go. I fully expect him to fulfill his contractual obligations."

Vander Weide two days ago: "People ask me if Brian Hill will be back as our coach. All I can say is that I have no answer for that right now."

Vander Weide when he hired Hill two years ago: "We need to establish stability. It's not about changing a year from now."

Vander Weide two days ago: "Sometimes, there are no guarantees in life."

quote:
GM Otis Smith eight weeks ago when asked whether Hill would return as coach next season: "We're not letting him go. I fully expect him to fulfill his contractual obligations."

Vander Weide two days ago: "People ask me if Brian Hill will be back as our coach. All I can say is that I have no answer for that right now."

Vander Weide when he hired Hill two years ago: "We need to establish stability. It's not about changing a year from now."

Vander Weide two days ago: "Sometimes, there are no guarantees in life."

Bianchi is sooooo dumb. My guess is here is why these quotes were made. Otis says his thing because he knows his hands are tied so he toes the company line. BVW says his thing because he knows his hands are tied with the family and cannot envision firing Hill.

The comes Monday and the Player interviews. Player 1-12 says..."I think this team needs someone other than me, Coach Hill and I do not get along. You need to call my agent"

Come Monday evening Otis & BVW gets on the phones with the players agent. Dwight agent says, "Dwight needed to express he felt this team may be better off without him."

Dako's agent says, "Please do not match any offer we sign this summer, Darko does not want to be back in the same offensive system again."

The Jameer's agent says, "Lets look at trying to trade Jameer this summer."

Then BVW eats his own words and says to the paper:

"Sometimes, there are no guarantees in life."

I cannot get where Bianchi cannot see this writing on the wall. Geesh us fans are way smarter than the ones who report the information.

All Mike does is stroke it to the Gators. From Jan - April, he did like 65 columns on them. Vomit. He needs to move to Gainsville aka Shangrala and retire.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

All Mike does is stroke it to the Gators. From Jan - April, he did like 65 columns on them. Vomit. He needs to move to Gainsville aka Shangrala and retire.

Didn't he used to write up there for that paper?

If you want news on the Magic this forum is the best! Time and time again you hear from the new members that they came to this site for news. That is how I got connected.

Hard to beat having hundred's of volunteers looking at every possible link on the internet about the Magic plus the varying opinions as to what is being reported. Mike Bianchi your days of importance have disappeared and that doesn't feel good does it?

You know how some of the sports shows on TV hire a woman to report? For instance, Jillian Barbarie on Fox's NFL coverage? Well, they aren't necessarily expected to provide insight on the sport or even know much about it. They are there to look good.

Bianchi is the Sentinel's version. Except, he is not good looking or even a female. But he does fit the other criteria: he does not provide insight or even know much about the sports he writes about.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

You know how some of the sports shows on TV hire a woman to report? For instance, Jillian Barbarie on Fox's NFL coverage? Well, they aren't necessarily expected to provide insight on the sport or even know much about it. They are there to look good.

Bianchi is the Sentinel's version. Except, he is not good looking or even a female. But he does fit the other criteria: he does not provide insight or even know much about the sports he writes about.

He does however, whine like little girl.

I personally like John Denton of the Florida Today. Brian Schmitz isn't that bad, but Bianchi really takes the Orlando Sentinel sports team down a notch.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

He does however, whine like little girl.

True!

Let me take a moment to emphasize that sideline reporters and studio hosts are exempt from my criticism above. Lesley Viscer (sp?) and Michelle Tafoya, to name a two, are women who also happen to be great reporters that know their sports.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

I personally like John Denton of the Florida Today. Brian Schmitz isn't that bad, but Bianchi really takes the Orlando Sentinel sports team down a notch.

John Denton is awesome! He gets his stuff printed in USA Today quite a bit. Tim Povtak is the best...that guy really knows his stuff.

Brian Schmitz is good. But I don't think he has the insight of the other two. That is why I was amused by some of the questions about whether Schmitz could actually be MC. Say what you want about MC, but he definitely seems to be a knowledgeable basketball fan. More knowledgeable than Schmitz comes off as being.

Jerry Greene is actually very knowledgeable about sports. But for some reason, in the last 7-8 years, he has created this "doofus" persona (both in his writing and on the radio) that is detracting and distracting away from that knowledge.