Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Prediction Time! How much $$$ and years are you giving Turk to re-sign?(link)

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

If Hedo Turkoglu truly has the handles everyone makes him out to have, how do you explain him being second on the team in turnovers, only .3 per game behind Dwight?

Explanation: He plays the point quite often.

Steve Nash: 3.35 TO per game

Jason Kidd: 2.28 TO per game

Chris Paul: 2.96 TO per game

John Stockton: 2.82 TO career per game

So do you consider all those players bad ballhandlers?

Hey, Little version of DOM "When Hedo breaks a defender down with a crossover then spins to the basket and finishes, let me know." huh

There is nothing he cant do.

He doesnt need to prove himself to you, bashers.

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

Hey, Little version of DOM "When Hedo breaks a defender down with a crossover then spins to the basket and finishes, let me know." huh

This guy must be better than Butler as well.

I think Hedo is a better ball handler than Butler, but slightly and not really that much to be noticeable. But, Butler is much better at scoring,defending,rebounding and is younger so he would be a much better player. I don't know why his name does not come up more and yes Dom I know his contract is smaller but that is because of when he signed it and not many people thought he would turn into the player he is now. Hedo is worth 10 mil a year that is his market value, it might even be higher, for everything he has done for this team I can't believe any true fan would want him gone. If we lose him this team takes a step backward and why would you want that?

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

Your briliant basketball knowldge says its a crossover huh.

Idiot, you asked a question and I gave you.

FIXED

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

Idiot, you asked a question and I gave you.

FIXED

First, I didn't ask a question. Second, showing a youtube clip of a single play from the 08 playoffs is proof of what exactly? Nice try.

quote:

hey,nice video!

except he traveled

Why this is being debated so extensively I'll never know, but Turk is the better passer while Butler is the better ballhandler.

And why is everyone posting TO statistics? The only thing they determine is how often a player has the ball, that's it.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Why this is being debated so extensively I'll never know, but Turk is the better passer

that i would have to disagree on

Comparing Hedo Turkoglu... to Caron Butler is INSANE. Plainly insane.

You know what Hedo does better than Caron Butler? Stay healthy. That's it, discussion over.

This isn't even a fair discussion. Skill wise.. taking away how good the teams around them are, Caron Butler is a top 3 player in the entire NBA. And I'm being conservative here.

He just a. can't stay healthy and b. his team sucks due to his injuries and everyone else's, notably Arenas.

But ANY comparison to a healthy Caron Butler to a healthy Hedo Turkoglu is just... wrong and grossly unfair to Hedo, really.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

I think Hedo is a better ball handler than Butler, but slightly and not really that much to be noticeable. But, Butler is much better at scoring,defending,rebounding and is younger so he would be a much better player. I don't know why his name does not come up more and yes Dom I know his contract is smaller but that is because of when he signed it and not many people thought he would turn into the player he is now. Hedo is worth 10 mil a year that is his market value, it might even be higher, for everything he has done for this team I can't believe any true fan would want him gone. If we lose him this team takes a step backward and why would you want that?

Caron Butler's current deal started when he was 25, right after the 05-06 season. During the season leading up to that contract, he averaged 17.6pts, 6.2rebs, 2.5asts and 1.7stls a game as a 25 year old playing 36mpg. His contract started at 7.4m.

So explain to me again why Hedo deserves a 10m a season deal?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Caron Butler's current deal started when he was 25, right after the 05-06 season. During the season leading up to that contract, he averaged 17.6pts, 6.2rebs, 2.5asts and 1.7stls a game as a 25 year old playing 36mpg. His contract started at 7.4m.

So explain to me again why Hedo deserves a 10m a season deal?

Because he carry a team to the finals.