Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What is next for the Magic? Re: Turk, Rafer and Gortat(Steve Kyler's take)

quote:
Originally posted by cincinnati kid:

Several areas not mentioned are:

Inconsistency of nightly play from Hedo and Rashard.

Dwight no post moves or jump shot.

No team leadership or go to guy.In the finals no magic player stepped up because I don't think we have talent.

This could be a perfect time to trade for Chris Bosh. Hedo's market value and send Lewis along for a block buster trade just like LA and Boston

Check my messages throughout the year

Yeah we clearly suck. We barely made the Finals.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by avitale8:

Turk; I think he stays, for the fact that we made it to the finals, I'm pretty sure management realizes that we are right on the cusp of a championship and we should keep our core together.

Rafer; I think we keep him. He's still under contract, I have no idea why they'd get rid of him. Him & Jameer would be a great rotation next year, if Rafer can keep his ego in check.

Gortat; I really don't see him staying. I see NY throwing the MLE at him. Plus, Gortat may say that he wants to stay in Orlando, but he also said in his Polish media that his goal was to be a starter in the NBA. He obviously can't do that here.

Rafer gets traded I agree with that. His latest temper tantrum this time with the Magic has cooked his goose with Stan. Plus if it is true that he doesn't get along with Nelson then it means that the Magic will get rid of him.

The two items together kill Rafers chances staying with the Magic.

Where'd you hear that second part, or is that just another random tidbit you like to post?

You should re-read the first post instead of asking a .........question.

Co-exist. Meaning 2 starting PG's on the same roster, with one having to have backup minutes.

Please PEC, graduate 3rd grade sometime soon ok?

I don't see why Rafer has to go, to be honest. He was upset through our series with L.A. because he was the one who lead the team to the finals and saw his minutes plummet due to the return of a player who hadn't played in over 4 months. He had a right to be displeased with Stan's decision, even I thought AJ should have played over Jameer.

I think he'll return next year and accept the backup role to a HEALTHY Jameer and we'll be set with one of the most potent PG rotations in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

I don't see why Rafer has to go, to be honest. He was upset through our series with L.A. because he was the one who lead the team to the finals and saw his minutes plummet due to the return of a player who hadn't played in over 4 months. He had a right to be displeased with Stan's decision, even I thought AJ should have played over Jameer.

I think he'll return next year and accept the backup role to a HEALTHY Jameer and we'll be set with one of the most potent PG rotations in the league.

28u72uw.png

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

28u72uw.png

2w6bayx.png

I read an interesting article at Hoopsworld about how Turk is less effective when Jameer is starting, whereas he is better with Rafer in the game and the ball in his hands running the pick and roll with Dwight.

I'm not sure I totally agree, but it's a good point that we may get better value for THIS team next year with $10 million spent elsewhere.

I still think our best trade is getting a defensive SF who can knock down the three and a rebounding 4. The only potential partner who could give us that would be Sacramento. I propose:

Turk for Jason Thompson and Francisco Garcia

If we could get Donte Green for JJ, Battie, or Rafer, I would get it done because he has tremendous potential. However, we would have amazing versatility at the 2-4 spots with Rashard, Pietrus, Lee, Garcia and Thompson. All but Rashard are good defenders and all but Thompson can hit the three.

My question is, would SAC trade a potential stud in Thompson? What do you all think?

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

I read an interesting article at Hoopsworld about how Turk is less effective when Jameer is starting, whereas he is better with Rafer in the game and the ball in his hands running the pick and roll with Dwight.

I'm not sure I totally agree, but it's a good point that we may get better value for THIS team next year with $10 million spent elsewhere.

I still think our best trade is getting a defensive SF who can knock down the three and a rebounding 4. The only potential partner who could give us that would be Sacramento. I propose:

Turk for Jason Thompson and Francisco Garcia

If we could get Donte Green for JJ, Battie, or Rafer, I would get it done because he has tremendous potential. However, we would have amazing versatility at the 2-4 spots with Rashard, Pietrus, Lee, Garcia and Thompson. All but Rashard are good defenders and all but Thompson can hit the three.

My question is, would SAC trade a potential stud in Thompson? What do you all think?

We're a Finals team.

Think about that for a second, and then look at that trade again.

How about this? I'm iffy, but it could work.

Resign Turk

Try to do a Gortat S&T for a PG.

If, not buy a 2nd round pick and get a 3rd PG.

Do this.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...chine?tradeId=m37ppw

Try to sign another vet for the bench for the vet min.

Meer/AJ/3rd PG

Lee/Redick

Turk/Pietrus

Lewis/Murphy

Dwight/Vet/Foyle

quote:

posted by derek, 15 June 2009 9:15:20 AM

Steve, are you so sure about Skip leaving? Hes clearly abit frustrated with minutes because Nelson wasnt 100% yet, but next season Nelson is 100% and Alston may soon not start because of his age anyways. It doesnt quite make sense to me yet. I hope he stays, but if he really does want to leave, the Magic have quite the expiring trade chips with Alston and Battie giving nearly 12mil.

posted by Steve Kyler, 15 June 2009 9:28:38 AM

With Otis Smith you can never be sure of anything... but the consensus last night was Skip has poised the environment for himself and that he's likely gone... I love Skip to death and I hope things can be worked out, but I just did not get the sense that was the case.

I have to be honest, I saw this on RealGM. I doubt it would happen, but it makes sense.

Gortat in a S&T for Haslem. Maybe we take a guy like James Jones or one of their SF's off their hands for Rafer too?

quote:

How about this? I'm iffy, but it could work.

Resign Turk

Try to do a Gortat S&T for a PG.

If, not buy a 2nd round pick and get a 3rd PG.

Do this.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...chine?tradeId=m37ppw

Try to sign another vet for the bench for the vet min.

Meer/AJ/3rd PG

Lee/Redick

Turk/Pietrus

Lewis/Murphy

Dwight/Vet/Foyle

I think 1 one-dimensional player is enough.

quote:
Originally posted by avitale8:

Turk; I think he stays, for the fact that we made it to the finals, I'm pretty sure management realizes that we are right on the cusp of a championship and we should keep our core together.

Rafer; I think we keep him. He's still under contract, I have no idea why they'd get rid of him. Him & Jameer would be a great rotation next year, if Rafer can keep his ego in check.

Gortat; I really don't see him staying. I see NY throwing the MLE at him. Plus, Gortat may say that he wants to stay in Orlando, but he also said in his Polish media that his goal was to be a starter in the NBA. He obviously can't do that here.

quote:

Rafer gets traded I agree with that. His latest temper tantrum this time with the Magic has cooked his goose with Stan. Plus if it is true that he doesn't get along with Nelson then it means that the Magic will get rid of him.

The two items together kill Rafers chances staying with the Magic.

quote:

Where'd you hear that second part, or is that just another random tidbit you like to post?

quote:

You should re-read the first post instead of asking a .........question.

quote:

Co-exist. Meaning 2 starting PG's on the same roster, with one having to have backup minutes.

Please PEC, graduate 3rd grade sometime soon ok?

Jareth, I think it's shameful and ridiculous the way you jump at the opportunity to try to prove that PEC is making all these mistakes. Then you go as far as making embarrassing personal comments about her.

PEC was not the only poster who interpreted the "coexist" remark to mean that Jameer and Rafer could not get along.

Check out this thread:

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...91029871/m/108102192