Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

John Denton on 740 The Team (I just Updated this please re-read)

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

Someone needs to spill the beans here!

My comment was only a guess, I don't know anything new since the stuff I shared after game three. That his removal was a "Done Deal" and has been for weeks now.

Oh I meant Junkie, he said he has some info!

That was his info.

His source has been telling him for weeks now that Brian is coming back, apparently his source is now telling him that Brian is definitely gone.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Someone needs to spill the beans here!

My comment was only a guess, I don't know anything new since the stuff I shared after game three. That his removal was a "Done Deal" and has been for weeks now.

Oh I meant Junkie, he said he has some info!

That was his info.

His source has been telling him for weeks now that Brian is coming back, apparently his source is now telling him that Brian is definitely gone.

First, he told me yes he was coming back. Then a couple of weeks ago he told me, not sure.

Then today he e-mailed me like this,

GONE!!!!!!!!!

Well that is encouraging! The meetings must have taken place where management demanded that he change the playing style and who he uses. I imagine that went over very well with a guy who doesn't like being questioned.

quote:

The meetings must have taken place where management demanded that he change the playing style and who he uses. I imagine that went over very well with a guy who doesn't like being questioned.

These images come to mind.

3b838bc0.gif

and

Hell_Freezing_Over1.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I was thinking the same thing. Losing one or two players could be devastating to a team. Losing half the team is completely unacceptable.

It depends on which players he is losing. If your star player(Dwight) is giving you a vote of confidence and is getting ready to sign a huge 5-year contract I think that bodes well for Brian.

Last night I thought he was done. Now, I'm not as sure.

One more thought, Brian likes to play the inside out offense like he did with Shaq. I don't think it's a coincidence he's(Dwight) giving Brian props. That's the offense Dwight wants. Running it through him. Just an opinion. Time will tell.

If you read between the lines Dwight was very clearly frustrated at Brian, I would bet you that he made his feelings very clear to management that if he stays he has to change, You can't have a team pulling on all different sides of the rope. If he lost half the team he should be done, we need everyone pulling in the same direction, ownership, management, coaches and players and if Brian won't listen to management that's half the problem right there.

quote:

What the players will say in the media and what they say behind closed doors to Otis and Bob are two different things. After Penny was villainized in this town, no agent is going to let his client become a target for the local media.

Asking Brian to change his ways is an exercize in futility, adapting and making adjustments is and always has been his greatest weakness.

A players coach could survive this, an old style authoritarian coach would never be able to stay in command of his team after this.

Best post on the thread!