Sign in to follow this  
lavell12

I feel bad for Courtney Lee

The media is not criticizing him, they are saying that he should have made that shot and I 100% agree. Let's not sugar coat this, It was a pretty easy shot. IF YOU PAUSE THAT PLAY AS HE IS RELEASING THE BALL AND TAKE BETS I THINK ANYONE WOULD BET ON THAT SHOT GOING DOWN. He makes that 9 out of 10 times in my opinion and it just didn't go down this time. Great players make great plays and although Lee is becomming a pretty good player he could not handle the pressure and make that shot like he would in any other situation.

No need to feel bad for him...He's a professional athlete and this is what they signed up for. Gets paid great money to be in the spotlight playing the game he loves. You got to take the good with the bad. I havn't heard anyone question the young mans character, they area simply saying that when you get that good of a look in that situation you have to take advantage.

I am big fan of CLee. Pick your head up and get after it again in game 3.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

The media is not criticizing him, they are saying that he should have made that shot and I 100% agree. Let's not sugar coat this, It was a pretty easy shot. IF YOU PAUSE THAT PLAY AS HE IS RELEASING THE BALL AND TAKE BETS I THINK ANYONE WOULD BET ON THAT SHOT GOING DOWN. He makes that 9 out of 10 times in my opinion and it just didn't go down this time. Great players make great plays and although Lee is becomming a pretty good player he could not handle the pressure and make that shot like he would in any other situation.

LOL, this isn't space jams.

I would bet catching the ball in mid air for a layup isn't even a 90% shot. Let alone one where the ball is caught directly under the backboard while your momentum is carrying you behind it.

Just because you make that shot 9/10 time on your Playstation does not mean it's an easy shot. Seriously. Try putting a shot over a 7' from anywhere and that's a tough shot.

Last-second/overtime/in LA/under the backboard/7-footer coming at you....yeah - real easy. Make that in my sleep every night.

Sheesh.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA:

No need to feel bad for him...He's a professional athlete and this is what they signed up for. Gets paid great money to be in the spotlight playing the game he loves. You got to take the good with the bad. I havn't heard anyone question the young mans character, they area simply saying that when you get that good of a look in that situation you have to take advantage.

I am big fan of CLee. Pick your head up and get after it again in game 3.

Nonsense. The angle they continued to display on ABC doesn't do the shot justice. That was an incredibly difficult shot. I just saw the replay on Jim Rome from the lower-left side camera and he was COMPLETELY behind the basket when he released that shot. I don't blame Courtney in the least for that last play. Simmons is right, if he would have made that play it would have been one of the greatest plays in Finals history. I only feel sorry for him because that could have potentially been a career defining moment for him.

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

Lee should have shot the at the goal instead of trying to use glass.

That would have been infinitely more difficult.

Since im no longer mad about the loss, I will go ahead and post some of my opinions...

First, anyone who even remotely blames Lee for the miss shot, should pour Fire Ants on themselves.

C.Lee the "Rookie".... executed the play and the ball just didnt bounce in.... thats it.... its the way the game goes sometimes....

You make some amazing shots, you miss some amazing shots..... its life.... get over it.

The loss should fall on us... the team.... as a whole....

The turnovers.... The Non Driving...

The "Hey im gonna fake drive and then maybe shoot, but most likely pass it to a guy who has a defender on him"

Dwight, Beast at times.... Weak the other times.... he made some bad defensive decisions that lead to alot of easy buckets....

Tempo... where the F is the tempo.... 3 on 1 fast break and we screw it up...

Nobody is running the floor all 48min.... NOBODY!

What happen to the game plan we had against the Cav's..... Let Lebron get his, shut everyone else down.....

Yes, the Lakers have a better talent... but Kobe still has the ball in his hands the majority of the time.... just like Lebron....

Rebounds.... Why does it take Gortat and Howard to team up to ensure we have enough rebounds...?

Because all of our perimeter players are "ALWAYS" waiting at the 3 line........

Alston.... hit a dam layup...... Mr. "Skip to my bricked layup".......

Nelson should be in the game over AJ.... dont know what everyone is thinking....

There is a reason why Alston is here..... AJ is good at times, but old the rest....

JJ Reddick.... Good 3 pt shot.... but horrible decisions with the ball.....

So there is enough blame to go around, this L doesnt fall on Lee.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Just because you make that shot 9/10 time on your Playstation does not mean it's an easy shot. Seriously. Try putting a shot over a 7' from anywhere and that's a tough shot.

Last-second/overtime/in LA/under the backboard/7-footer coming at you....yeah - real easy. Make that in my sleep every night.

Sheesh.

It's a tough shot. I just don't think it is an impossible shot and I think CLee will make that shot more times than not. I think CLee was a little bit intimidated by the enormity of the situation and that is why he missed.

By no means do I think he is to blame for the loss. But you would like to think you call that play for the guy he is going to put it in.

I do feel bad for Courtney because like an earlier poster said "that could have been a defining moment in his career" and that would have been great for him. Hopefully he doesn't take that miss to tough and he bounces back.

Courtney Lee tried, it didn't happen. It should never have had to come to that shot. You win as a team and lose as a team. Feel sorry for him???He's making a ton of money, playing a game he loves. He'll get over it.

After Lee missed the ally oop my initial reaction wasn't "OMG!1 HOW COULD HE HAVE MISSED THAT!??!!1" because it was a tough shot to make. As it's already been said he was under the basket and nearly on the side of the backboard.

Plus he didn't wanna give Gasol a chance to swat it so he had to throw it higher than he normally would have.

And none of you mention that Kobe pushed him several times which got him out of position for the lob.

Top ten finals play if he makes it. Maybe even higher, because how difficult it was.