Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

How will Courtney respond?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Burgundy:

come on a missed layup isn't going to ruin his career.. hes a ROOKIE! i cant remember the last rookie that started in the finals.

07 daniel gibson, but his was only 2 games and due to injury

before that it goes all the way back to 1978 with michael ray richardson

It depends on how Stan uses him in game 3, if Stan benches Lee it could be a huge problem. I don't blame Stan too much for his lineups in game 2, his managaing was a problem when he decided to go with Jameer.

whenever lee is defending someone, i trust him so much... but kobe is heavy weight for this kid, you gotta accept that. He has been struggling till he got an elbow from d12. Its hard to play with a mask and everyone is expecting rip's level from him...

and the last show, oh boy, it was too difficult, but i believe in him, he sill step up in the next games, i am waiting another dunk on kobe like he did on lebron...

Welcome to some of JJ Redick's world my young friend. Redick is an easy target for the NBA pundits (Smith,Barley,Barry,etc.)They are not going to be in any way crtical of the superstars; so they are critical of role players and jump on any opportunity to make them look like they know what thet're talking about. Courtney has been pretty much given a free past thusfar because he is known for his defensive skills. Even though Kobe and LeBron get 40 a night; its because of their amazing offensive skills and has nothing to do with who's guarding them. Last night he was put in a situation to contribute at the offensive end. He didn't come through in the clutch. Even though it was a very difficult shot they won't soon let him forget this missed opportunity and they will drain it for everything it is worth to make it look like it is effecting his future play. Hopefully he will have a productive offensive game Tuesday and quickly shut them up.

Lee will be fine, he is undersized at his position, he didnt get shorter throughout the year, this isn't new. As far as the lob, it was a difficult play his head was underneath the backboard. Would he like it back? Yeah but it was a difficult play and he has been getting inconsistent minutes and shots so he wasn't in the flow of the game. I have a bigger issue with SVG putting the pressure on a rookie, who 10 seconds earlier missed an open layup, and to be honest has not played well since returning from the injury. How about you throw the oop to the most athletic big in the league or let 118 mil take the shot?Or how about Mr. 4th quarter? It got an open look, but to put a rookie who has not played well in that position rather than those 3 stars is a joke. Did the Cavs give the ball to JJ Hickson or anyone else with .8 left? I don't think so.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Lee will be fine, he is undersized at his position, he didnt get shorter throughout the year, this isn't new. As far as the lob, it was a difficult play his head was underneath the backboard. Would he like it back? Yeah but it was a difficult play and he has been getting inconsistent minutes and shots so he wasn't in the flow of the game. I have a bigger issue with SVG putting the pressure on a rookie, who 10 seconds earlier missed an open layup, and to be honest has not played well since returning from the injury. How about you throw the oop to the most athletic big in the league or let 118 mil take the shot?Or how about Mr. 4th quarter? It got an open look, but to put a rookie who has not played well in that position rather than those 3 stars is a joke. Did the Cavs give the ball to JJ Hickson or anyone else with .8 left? I don't think so.

dude hes 6'5" and kobe is 6'6", its not like hes ben gordon trying to play sg, his size isnt a problem, he could use some more weight on him but his height wont be an issue

mr 4th quarter threw a nearly perfect lob to the basket, hes our best passer and is 6'10", him inbounding was exactly correct

shot had to be either lewis or a lob to dwight or someone else... lewis was covered and the lob to dwight they would have seen coming, so this was the best option, it just didnt work out

time to win 3 straight at home then steal game 6 or 7, we can do this

I'd be more concerned about how Howard responds after this potential sweep.

I wouldn't exactly call this a Bill Buckner moment for Lee. It wasn't exactly a gimmie.He'll be alright.

well, considering he's the 5th option on offense, his only shot is to

A) Shut down Kobe

B) Score on almost every shot

But, we all know the chances of either of those, but i have faith in Courtney. But if everyone is pointing fingers at him, then perhaps they didn't see Alston blow wide open shots or even our mediocre free throw shooting. Get off the kid's back, for crying out loud!

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Lee will be fine, he is undersized at his position.

huh?

Kobe Bryant

Height 6-6

Weight 205 lbs.

Courtney Lee

Height 6-5

Weight 200 lbs.

JJ Redick

Height 6-4

Weight 190 lbs.

Ray Allen

Height 6-5

Weight 205 lbs

Brandon Roy

Height 6-6

Weight 211 lbs.

Are you serious? He's a rookie and already average size

I don't understand?

How is a lob pass with to Lee .6 sec left at full speed, jumping in the air, and getting the shot off before the buzzer of .6 sec considered a missed lay-up?

I guess that means that all caught lob passes the players miss are considered text book lay-ups.

Please tell me is this is ture so that insetad of me doing lay-up drills during warm-up, I can have guys lob passes to me instead.

quote:
Originally posted by onedollerbills:

Courtney came into 5 guys tonight and from what i understand he was claim and had a very hot date and seemed like the shot didn't bother him.

What, you saw Courtney at 5 Guys? Did anyone give him any crap or anything?

I think the dudes engaged, so that would be his wife.