Sign in to follow this  
Blue Blood

Yahoo! Sports' Ludden writes about Nelson's return

I know the boards are getting flooded with all these Jameer threads, but it seems like we're not the only ones talking about this.

quote:
The Magic walked out of Staples Center thrashed and humbled, and now they must ask themselves this: By bringing back one point guard, did they lose another?

Nelson hadn

I know the boards are getting flooded with all these Jameer threads, but it seems like we're not the only ones talking about this.

quote:
The Magic walked out of Staples Center thrashed and humbled, and now they must ask themselves this: By bringing back one point guard, did they lose another?

Nelson hadn

rafer comes into the game out of rhythm haha...hes not the best shooter by any means

tonight was one of those off nights that he has pretty often and really had nothing to do with his playing time

he just sucked maybe if he woulda made some shots he coulda played a little longer

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Blood:

quote:

Nelson hadn

quote:
Originally posted by TheNameIsOrlando:

rafer comes into the game out of rhythm haha...hes not the best shooter by any means

tonight was one of those off nights that he has pretty often and really had nothing to do with his playing time

he just sucked maybe if he woulda made some shots he coulda played a little longer

It wasn't just Alston that missed open shots. The whole **** team did. We have an inside out game. When the crash on Dwight he made almost every pass to our shooters and they missed. A lot. SVG better be doing some game planning. But in the end it comes down to us making our shots. Live by the three, die by the three.

well, when Rafer misses 4 consecutive shots, he's lucky he saw that much time. Alston is the true definition of "inconsistent".

i am really frustrated hearing this whole rafer nonsense. HE IS NOT THE REASON OUR TEAM IS DOING SO WELL! my gooodness, his weaknesses are in the worst spots, JAMEER'S STRENGTHS. Rafer does not control the game when jameer is on the bench, Hedo does. I don't get why people think he is helping us soo much..If he is making his shots, fine he is contributing, but JJ can contribute.. The thing is when Rafer shoots I cringe, EVERY TIME. he hurts us alot of times, and still gets credit at the end of the game for leading the team.

I love the guy, I think he has a great attitude, understands the game VERY well, and can control a game if need be. But SVG doesn't give him that choice, it's Hedo..If we did some sort of statistic where it says who controls the ball most on this team with Jameer out, I would bet a good amount it's Hedo.

With all that said, going back to the article. Jameer coming back hurts nothing and no one.. It gives us a spark, another passer, a leader, a person who truly understands how this team works..It's not like we signed a big name FA for the postseason. If Rafer plays like garbage in the first quarter, then what happened tonight should happen again. If he comes out with a focus and an energy, plays smart basketball, then Jameer should lose minutes. I think last night Jameer played so much becasue Rafer was playing SO TERRIBLY. That's all, Rafer and the team need to come out more focused next game, and people will not even talk about who plays what minutes and how long.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

This is worse than Kobe's under-bitting growl...

Yea, I know it looked cool when LeBron does it, but it's just very disturbing when you do it.

Combine that look with his pointy, deformed ears, and he looked like a goblin from Lord of the Rings.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

This is worse than Kobe's under-bitting growl...

Yea, I know it looked cool when LeBron does it, but it's just very disturbing when you do it.

Combine that look with his pointy, deformed ears, and he looked like a goblin from Lord of the Rings.

Kobe sexy.