Sign in to follow this  
AcuWill

Lebron the best ever? Hardly.

Lebron James the best ever? Hardly. I mentioned time and again that I lost respect for him this series because of the style of game that he plays. It is predicated on getting favorable whisltes from the refs, a fake and manufactured aspect of the NBA, not basketball. When he does not get those whistles, sure he's good, but he isn't that unstoppable force. Last game we saw that, he was not getting whistles when he went into space that was already taken by a defender. He was kept scoreless for more than a quarter (I believe the entire second) and he was ineffective down the stretch.

Their offense had no flow and Dwight looked like the DPOY. Further, he is a whiner and pretty not the classy superstar as can be seen by him leaving the court and arena like he did. He has heart, but so do a lot of people in this league and that by itself doesn't make him the best ever.

PS. I wonder how much talk "The Shot That Prevented a Sweep" is going to get now.

Lebron James the best ever? Hardly. I mentioned time and again that I lost respect for him this series because of the style of game that he plays. It is predicated on getting favorable whisltes from the refs, a fake and manufactured aspect of the NBA, not basketball. When he does not get those whistles, sure he's good, but he isn't that unstoppable force. Last game we saw that, he was not getting whistles when he went into space that was already taken by a defender. He was kept scoreless for more than a quarter (I believe the entire second) and he was ineffective down the stretch.

Their offense had no flow and Dwight looked like the DPOY. Further, he is a whiner and pretty not the classy superstar as can be seen by him leaving the court and arena like he did. He has heart, but so do a lot of people in this league and that by itself doesn't make him the best ever.

PS. I wonder how much talk "The Shot That Prevented a Sweep" is going to get now.

He's still top three in the NBA. He carried the Cavs that series. Averaging 40 points per game is nuts except for that last game.

I don't mean to sound like I'm on his nuts, but you have to respect him.

Best player in the game today bar none. It's impossible to do it alone as the NBA has too much talent for that to haappen. Michael was the best but even he without Pippen (best Defender ever)?, Rodman (best rebounder at that time) and then some role players was unable to win by himself. He needs help, but he is unstoppable. Not one player in the NBA can do all that he does for his team. Scoring, assisting, rebounding, etc. Come on the guy is all that, no one can take that away from him. I do wish he had congratulated the MAgic, even if it was to just pop into the locker room. Coming from a HUGE Magic fan.

Not to totally belittle what he did, but when the defense is so worried about making contact with him that they actually turn and run the other way (and he still gets the call), that significantly influences a player's effectiveness. He also consistently gets bailed out by the refs, that certainly does not hurt. . . . and if you take away the 2 or 3 point he gets on the drives that could potentially be called charges, the points drop even more. How many free throws did he get per game (except this last one, and his points were down proportionally). Still a hell of a player, and only 24, although I have doubted the validity of that since I saw the mature body of a man when he was drafted.

This is why Kobe > Lebron. Because when the series was on the line, on the road, in a hostile environment...Kobe shut them up. Lebron couldn't hit a shot to save his life and in a fair world, probably doesn't average 30 points a game in this series, much less 40. This Lebron protection is becoming Manningesque, at some point the guy needs to win if you want to put him alongside Kobe and definately if you compare him to MJ

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

This is why Kobe > Lebron. Because when the series was on the line, on the road, in a hostile environment...Kobe shut them up. Lebron couldn't hit a shot to save his life and in a fair world, probably doesn't average 30 points a game in this series, much less 40. This Lebron protection is becoming Manningesque, at some point the guy needs to win if you want to put him alongside Kobe and definately if you compare him to MJ

Except both Mannings have rings.

Give LeBron the cast that Kobe and Michael have had and he wins it all. EASY.... He is the most amazing athlete that I have ever seen. He needs to work on his outside shot however.

The man averaged 40 8 and 8 against us in this series. That has never been done before in the conference finals. Say what you want about the officiating, anyone that discredits his performance against us is off his/her rocker.

In fairness, no one is calling Lebron the best ever. That conversation will be more interesting in a decade or so.

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

Except both Mannings have rings.

Yeah but Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady is not and will never be a realisitic argument between real, understanding football fans. Just like Kobe vs Lebron should not be a real argument betwee real basketball fans because even though Manning does some neat stuff, makes a lot of highlight reels, and leads your Fantasy team to a championship, he is more known for how he loses in the playoffs than he is for how he wins. And right now, 'Bron is more known for the lack of winning while Kobe is smiling with three rings.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

In fairness, no one is calling Lebron the best ever. That conversation will be more interesting in a decade or so.

That isn't entirely true though. "The six years in debate: Lebron or Jordan"

An ESPN article, basically calling Lebron the greatest ever

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

Give LeBron the cast that Kobe and Michael have had and he wins it all. EASY.... He is the most amazing athlete that I have ever seen. He needs to work on his outside shot however.

Give Peyton a running game and a good defense, and he'd be more successful than Brady right?

If you want respect win a championship. Nobody on this board compares Dwight to the Hakeems and Shaqs of the world because Dwight hasn't won anything yet. Nobody should be comparing Lebron to the Kobes and MJs of the world for a similar reason