Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Playoff Race 6-10 seeds

As sure as I want to be about the playoffs, i think this race will come down to the last game. These last 9 games will be the most exciting/important of the season.

As fasr as the games of interest for today:

knicks at hornets

sixers at nets

and finally cavs at bulls

obvously we want to the hornets and sixers to win, but should we be rooting for the cavs or bulls to get 2nd place?

With the way Philly's been playing lately I'd almost call the Nets the underdogs. Don't sleep on Philly! I could easily see Indy or NY falling off the pace and Philadelphia passing one of those teams to get to 10th place, with about 4 or 5 games to go. But they were so bad the first half of the season, they have a heck of a hole to climb out of.

As far as Chi-town versus Cleveland, the Cavs just haven't had much of an answer for us this season. I think we match up with Cleveland best out of the top teams, although we matchup with Chicago better than Detroit.

Look out for Toronto too, they've surpassed Washington/Miami, and now they're only 3 games out of 2nd place themselves. We'd almost rather play Detroit than Toronto!

First the bad news. Freggin' New Jersey Nets won what seemed like an ugly game by the boxscore/recap, so they're tied with the Magic in the standings for 7th again. NJ holds the tiebreaker.

(Remember, NJ leads the in-conference record tiebreaker at the moment, but the Magic have a small chance to improve that down the stretch. Orlando has their remaining games in the east while NJ has one last west coast trip, I believe. The Nets are 24-19 in the East, while the Magic are 21-24.)

The good news is that the Hornets beat New York in overtime, while Cleveland held off Chicago in OT.

If we can get back to the 7th spot, Cleveland seems to be clutching to 2nd. If nothing else, Indy and NY are 2.5 and 3 games behind the Magic for the 8th spot respectively.

As great as Friday was, today sucked just as bad.

Now we're back to a half game out of 7th. Indy is 1.5 games behind us while NY is now 2.5 games behind us.

In the race for first and second, Detroit beat Miami and Chicago beat Atlanta, while Cleveland somehow lost to Boston. Doesn't really matter though unless the Magic get their act together and hold off Indy to get in in the first place, though.

In conclusion...

Ariza > Hedo

Dooling > Nelson

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

We loss

Indian WINS without JO

NOT A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!

Does anybody know if JO is out for the season or are they evaluating this on a game by game basis??

I dont think Jameer needs to go to the bench, he is the starting point guard and that should stay that way. This season the magic had their best start since I dont know when and they did it with a very succesful rotation that for one reason or another the went off. However, they have not gone to that rotation in some time now, in fact Arroyo is not even part of the rotation. I think that the most inteligent thing is to go back and do what was so succesful at the beginin. If you already know you can do something one way because you have already done it, why do other things that are not working and never had? Anyway they are not winning so is better to waste some wins trying to get back the succesful way than wasting wins getting nowhere