Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 3 Game 2: Playoffs Game Thread Magic @ Cavaliers 5/22 8:30 P.M.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

First baby.

Magic will......not win this game! I'm sorry to say this but they will not play as hard!

Go be a Cavs fan then you bandwagon fan you

If anyone wants to know what being on a winning team does to your attitude, just look at Mo Williams as a prime example.

I hope this quote gets to our guys. Like they needed anymore "firing up".

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

"I can feel it, coooooooming in the air tonight; oh LORD!

I've been waiting for this moment, for all my liiiiiife; oh LORD!

Oh LORD!"

Dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum... (<<<--- drum beat that accompanies best part of song).

It was cool when that was the theme for the Western Conference playoffs 3 or 4... or 5 years ago.

Don't ruin this for me! This is all I have! And, yes that is a sad commentary on my life...

I really think the Magic are going to surprise everyone and win both games in Cleveland. Even though we've been smoking Cleveland for a while now, all the headlines and the media are centered around Cleveland and what they're going to do. Basically everyone is still going full force for the Cavs to win, and I think the Magic know it and so they're not going to come out relaxed and feeling ok with a split.

In the Boston series, I think we were an obvious better team, and so after game 1 we just came out lazy and the series got scary. Not the case here, we know that everyone's counting us out, and Nike is already promoting a Kobe Lebron finals with their stupid puppets, and Vitamin Water is doing the same thing.

Sure the Cavs will be intense and so will their fans, but we've dealt with intensity before, and we've proven that we can handle a close game with intense playoff conditions. The Cavs haven't done that yet. Sure they beat the Kings and Clippers in close regular season games (and they beat us in a close one, but I think there were a few asterisks there).

The Magic won't be so rattled in the first half, and we'll play solid all game and I think we'll steadily pull away and a lot of fans are going to exit early, and who knows if they'll see another game at the Q this season.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

I really think the Magic are going to surprise everyone and win both games in Cleveland. Even though we've been smoking Cleveland for a while now, all the headlines and the media are centered around Cleveland and what they're going to do. Basically everyone is still going full force for the Cavs to win, and I think the Magic know it and so they're not going to come out relaxed and feeling ok with a split.

In the Boston series, I think we were an obvious better team, and so after game 1 we just came out lazy and the series got scary. Not the case here, we know that everyone's counting us out, and Nike is already promoting a Kobe Lebron finals with their stupid puppets, and Vitamin Water is doing the same thing.

Sure the Cavs will be intense and so will their fans, but we've dealt with intensity before, and we've proven that we can handle a close game with intense playoff conditions. The Cavs haven't done that yet. Sure they beat the Kings and Clippers in close regular season games (and they beat us in a close one, but I think there were a few asterisks there).

The Magic won't be so rattled in the first half, and we'll play solid all game and I think we'll steadily pull away and a lot of fans are going to exit early, and who knows if they'll see another game at the Q this season.

I would love to be forked by the business-end of your optimism...

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Might that be the same Mo Williams who GUARANTEED a win the skills competition and didn't even make the finals?

Yep same Mo that said he was an All-Star and it took multiple All-Stars to be injured just so he could be the towel waiving last man on the bench.

The thing is we have not played our best game against Cleveland yet. We played good in game one, but a ton of issues to correct. If we come out on fire and stay up for the entire 48 minutes we could easily crush the will of the cavs players. We already have them on the breaking point after the last game.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

The thing is we have not played our best game against Cleveland yet. We played good in game one, but a ton of issues to correct. If we come out on fire and stay up for the entire 48 minutes we could easily crush the will of the cavs players. We already have them on the breaking point after the last game.

Well, we did play our best game against the Cavs. It was in the last month of the regular season. However! It can be repeated.

I totally think you're right about a Cavs breaking point... and it's because of their pride and arrogance.

If you think you're that high in the clouds, even if you're actually not.. then you can think you can fall that same distance too.

People (not us) should honestly be worrying about the Cavs panicking and getting down on themselves. Not the Magic.

One thing that we can definately see and accept is that Cleveland is having a hard time getting everyone involved except James. We almost lost the game in that fashion so we need to actually play better than we did in game 1.

I truly believe that we should start either Lee or Pietrus. Those two guys are athletic enough to slow down James. Other than that, we need a solid contribution from Hedo, Howard, and Lewis. They truly have an advantage over the Cavs less stronger forward centers if they are able to play consistently through the game.

As for Lebron, I think we should stay to the strategy in Game 1 and force him to pass the ball. Denying him of his dunks and layups is something that we should keep on doing. The magic can't afford to have the crowd turn against them at this moment. Lebron is stoppable; however, we have to force him to miss his shots and keep denying him. He is also a threat from an assists stand point. His team just basically needs to step it up a notch however.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

Well, we did play our best game against the Cavs. It was in the last month of the regular season. However! It can be repeated.

I totally think you're right about a Cavs breaking point... and it's because of their pride and arrogance.

If you think you're that high in the clouds, even if you're actually not.. then you can think you can fall that same distance too.

People (not us) should honestly be worrying about the Cavs panicking and getting down on themselves. Not the Magic.

Our team needs to focus on getting to the free-throw line a bit more. The only guy who is able to take it to the house has been Michael Pietrus. The man has played his best basketball in the last couple of games. We must really hope he shows up today, and if he does then you will be glad.