Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Rd 2 Game 5: Playoffs Game Thread Magic at Celtics 5/12 8:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

Bottom line. We did what the Celtics did two nights ago, got the lead on the road and lost it. We did not, however, have the other team given an extra point and possession. There is NO EXCUSE for an official to overturn another without being 10000% positive. Take away Ray-Ray's point and the extra possession and the game is tied with about a minute and 10 seconds, our ball. I like it.

All of these mistakes could have been made up for with a simple freaking jumpball between Big Baby and Rashard with about 7 seconds left.

God awful officiating and I am waiting for the public apology.

Why do you blame the refs for everything? Did they keep the ball out of the basket for 5 minutes? Did they force Dwight not to jump or box out. Boston plays harder and steps up in the clutch and this team does not. Its is a mindset on that team that this one does not have.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

Fans are ignorant. It isn't a lack of heart that prevented our shots from going in the way that the Celtics did. It wasn't our lack of hustle that made the refs god awful. It wasn't a lack of courage that got Hedo wrecked by Perkins.

All we can control is effort and it was there. The outcome isn't what we like and in this instance it can be, in large part, blamed on things out of our control. And that makes it feel much worse

If it was one time you could argue that, But this team blows leads like nobody else in the NBA. That is a trend. The shots didn't go in because they were garbage shots.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. You're wrong. You're wrong. (my God I already miss Scrubs) Every team blows leads. You don't know about it they end up winning the game. Boston lost that lead two nights ago but nobody who didn't watch the entire game knows that.

My point is that you watch so many Magic games that all the 7,8,9 point leads we squander and end up winning in close games feel like more than the rest of the NBA because Sportscenter doesn't dub a lead lost unless a game is lost.

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

quote:
Originally posted by Wescoat:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by brkdw:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

quote:
Originally posted by Orlandonole:

Honestly what is that 3 or 4 games we had 14 plus point leads and either lost or almost did? This team has had this problem all year and it won't change until we get a go to guy for the end of games that just takes it over. It is even worse if we lose this series and they are missing KG and Poe.

We have a go-to-guy: he's injured.

His number is #14.

our go to guy should be #9 but somehow SVG doesn't trust him as much as he trust turk.

What the hell.. Hedo didnt touched the ball in this match.. Shard was the go to guy.. sucked all last 4 possesion. Stop pointing him every time you feel pain in your as-ss

I take it you didn't watch the game but Hedo was the one continuously missing the 3 and trying to drive the ball and get a mercy foul. He has the right idea to attack the rim but do it right and not clumsily. He has gone cold and should leave orlando this offseason.

You should take 2 new eyes or brand new brain.. Everytime he went to rim he drowes the basket and get the foul except last attempth. and last one was clear foul just like svg mentioned at PC. You better leave orlando this offseason btw

I have never heard such BS you seem to have been watching a different game. Hedo played out of control and failed to pass the ball to open teammates in the last few minutes of play. Yes he was 4-4 from the free throw line, but two of those points game in the first half.

Instead of the other poster leaving town maybe you should think about that yourself considering your take on Hedo's play the last part of the 4th period.

quote:

So you've just made my point. Congratulations. He hopes for mercy fouls against the defending champions. Just like SVG just said we can't rely on the refs especially when they are biased for the champs. Hedo never attempts to square up, never attempts to make a legit shot and just stumbles into the lane hoping to fall on someone and get a call while he aimlessly throws the ball up.

So thats your ****ing point?

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

Bottom line. We did what the Celtics did two nights ago, got the lead on the road and lost it. We did not, however, have the other team given an extra point and possession. There is NO EXCUSE for an official to overturn another without being 10000% positive. Take away Ray-Ray's point and the extra possession and the game is tied with about a minute and 10 seconds, our ball. I like it.

All of these mistakes could have been made up for with a simple freaking jumpball between Big Baby and Rashard with about 7 seconds left.

God awful officiating and I am waiting for the public apology.

Why do you blame the refs for everything? Did they keep the ball out of the basket for 5 minutes? Did they force Dwight not to jump or box out. Boston plays harder and steps up in the clutch and this team does not. Its is a mindset on that team that this one does not have.

Hm. Interesting point but you're entirely wrong. Teams shouldn't have to be subject to the refs overturning the correct call with no realistic evidence or reason. That was huge. Imagine the Magic players celebrating and clapping in that huddle. They did what they had to do down the stretch and that was taken away from them. That is the momentum swing that results in games being won and lost

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by ironarrow:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by iddelen:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Honestly what is that 3 or 4 games we had 14 plus point leads and either lost or almost did? This team has had this problem all year and it won't change until we get a go to guy for the end of games that just takes it over. It is even worse if we lose this series and they are missing KG and Poe.

His number is #14.

our go to guy should be #9 but somehow SVG doesn't trust him as much as he trust turk.

What the hell.. Hedo didnt touched the ball in this match.. Shard was the go to guy.. sucked all last 4 possesion. Stop pointing him every time you feel pain in your as-ss

I take it you didn't watch the game but Hedo was the one continuously missing the 3 and trying to drive the ball and get a mercy foul. He has the right idea to attack the rim but do it right and not clumsily. He has gone cold and should leave orlando this offseason.

You, sir, are so wrong!

Hedo went into panic mode when Boston went on a run. That kind of play actually helped Boston. Instead of getting the ball to wide open teammates Hedo forced shots that should have never been taken.

which shots, lol

My best guess you didn't watch the game otherwise you wouldn't be asking that question.

im asking same question.

they just got to realise they have to make plays and not put the game in the refs hands. stan said it at his presser, against the celts your not going to get calls. they're the champs, they have the reputation and to beat them you just got to do it.

quote:

quote:

So you've just made my point. Congratulations. He hopes for mercy fouls against the defending champions. Just like SVG just said we can't rely on the refs especially when they are biased for the champs. Hedo never attempts to square up, never attempts to make a legit shot and just stumbles into the lane hoping to fall on someone and get a call while he aimlessly throws the ball up.

So thats your ****ing point?

Apparently! and that is the main reason we lost the game! lol

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ironarrow:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

His number is #14.

You, sir, are so wrong!

Hedo went into panic mode when Boston went on a run. That kind of play actually helped Boston. Instead of getting the ball to wide open teammates Hedo forced shots that should have never been taken.

which shots, lol

My best guess you didn't watch the game otherwise you wouldn't be asking that question.

im asking same question.

And the answer you didn't watch the game otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question.

screw sick of orlando's offense. Im sick of their late game defense for christ sakes. I see no one talking about their inability to get a defensive f***ing rebound!!! Boston is one of the best defensive teams in the league. They became championships off it. You dont beat a good defensive team with offense, you defeat it with great defense.

I refuse to blame this game on the teams offensive mistakes. I expect a veteran team like boston to make a big run. But i also expect a team with the defensive player of the year to hold a 14 point lead no matter how bad their offense plays. I expect a team down by 1 point with less than 24 to go to not allow two offensive rebounds.

The heart of this team was weak tonight and on sunday night. We got away from the defense that allowed us to take leads and thats why we will now loose this series.

Im just sick to my stomach from how bad they played.