Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Is it time to change the "whole" backcourt? Including Rafer(Daily Dime)

yes redick had an off night shooting the ball, but he still played as well if not better than any other guard on our team yesterday. he should have had 10 assists last night, but we couldnt hit our shots in the first half.

Lee made two more shots than redick, other than that he didnt do anything deserving of being moved into the starting lineup. if anything, i thought his defense was worse than redicks. redick has ray allen in his pocket.

i have seen no flashes of pg in lee. i dont know where some of you are getting this thought from. its just wishful thinking, lee is a sg. he lacks handles, court vision, and IQ to be a point at this stage in his career.

i agree on the rafer frustrations, he just needs to play less. he should have less trouble with mo williams, imo.

Haha this thread is a joke. Rafer is the starting PG end of story. He is not playing well in the playoffs but you don't bench your starting PG in the playoffs especially when the backup is AJ.

As far as the guys that say JJ or Lee should play the point with Turk on the bench are out of their minds. I'm sure Rondo would love that and they would be lucky to get the ball past half-court. You don't just make a guy a PG in the NBA playoffs it is the hardest position in the NBA to play. Neither are exceptional passers or ball handlers.

The problem with this team is lack of Basketball IQ and shot selection. They continue to play a style that is not going to win against great playoff teams. This blame needs to be put on all players, including Dwight because he needs to grab hold of this team and get them to play the right way. SVG needs to get control of Turk because this is absurd and he should be benched if he doesn't want to quit playing dumb basketball. The problem is SVG lets and I think encourages Turk to take any shot he wants.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

yes redick had an off night shooting the ball, but he still played as well if not better than any other guard on our team yesterday. he should have had 10 assists last night, but we couldnt hit our shots in the first half.

Lee made two more shots than redick, other than that he didnt do anything deserving of being moved into the starting lineup. if anything, i thought his defense was worse than redicks. redick has ray allen in his pocket. Lee made two more shots than redick, other than that he didnt do anything deserving of being moved into the starting lineup. if anything, i thought his defense was worse than redicks. redick has ray allen in his pocket.

i have seen no flashes of pg in lee. i dont know where some of you are getting this thought from. its just wishful thinking, lee is a sg. he lacks handles, court vision, and IQ to be a point at this stage in his career.

i agree on the rafer frustrations, he just needs to play less. he should have less trouble with mo williams, imo.

you're joking right? you didn't even watch that game did you? I'm sorry, but who was that LIT US UP in games 2 and 3? House. Who did Lee primarily guard last night and also only allowed, oh I dunno, 1 shot? House. Lee's D on House was every bit as good as JJs on Allen. And a lot of people are over-hyping that. Allen has been missing his open shots and he doesn't normally do that. Yes, as I've said, JJ is doing a good job defensively, but come on. Ray's not been Ray this entire series and he's simply not hitting his open shots.

To say Lee doesn't deserve to be "moved into the starting lineup" is idiotic. HE IS THE STARTER. He started the last half of the year and the playoffs - and was probably our most consistent player both offensively and defensively (Philly series) - until Howard took him out! Not to mention it was Howard and Lee's string of jumpers that got us over the hump and gave us a legit shot at winning.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Haha this thread is a joke. Rafer is the starting PG end of story. He is not playing well in the playoffs but you don't bench your starting PG in the playoffs especially when the backup is AJ.

As far as the guys that say JJ or Lee should play the point with Turk on the bench are out of their minds. I'm sure Rondo would love that and they would be lucky to get the ball past half-court. You don't just make a guy a PG in the NBA playoffs it is the hardest position in the NBA to play. Neither are exceptional passers or ball handlers.

Have you actually watched any of the playoff games, particularly the last two?

Several times the Magic have gone with lineups that were lacking a true PG, with positive results. What's more, they seem to move the ball more without Alston or AJ in the lineup, which just happens to be something the team needs to do.

Rondo doesn't pressure the ball because he is covering his man, not the man bringing the ball up the court, and when Lee brought the ball up the court, he has more than enough speed and a good enough handle that Rondo was not a factor.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

Several times the Magic have gone with lineups that were lacking a true PG, with positive results. What's more, they seem to move the ball more without Alston or AJ in the lineup, which just happens to be something the team needs to do.

Rondo doesn't pressure the ball because he is covering his man, not the man bringing the ball up the court, and when Lee brought the ball up the court, he has more than enough speed and a good enough handle that Rondo was not a factor.

I said without Turk in the lineup. When we have gone to no Rafer and no AJ, Turk has handled the ball which puts Pierce on him not Rondo. You want JJ or Courtney running the point which is absurd.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I said without Turk in the lineup. When we have gone to no Rafer and no AJ, Turk has handled the ball which puts Pierce on him not Rondo. You want JJ or Courtney running the point which is absurd.

No, I said to have a back court of JJ and Lee, and share the ball handling duties, just like they have been doing.

The Magic have spent 26 minutes in the post season without one of their three PG's on the floor, with Hedo, JJ, and Lee all helping to work the offense and bring the ball up the court.

No one is saying start JJ as the PG, and let him play the traditional PG role, but it's painful to have two guys combine to go 2-14 from the floor and score 7 points between them. JJ at least had the added benefit of getting 7 assists. Why not handling duties between JJ, Lee, and Hedo? There were times last night that Alston was on the floor and not bringing the ball up the court, which begs the question, what purpose does he serve being on the floor at that point?

Calling for more time with a back court of Lee and JJ is not an attempt to push either one into a true PG role in the playoffs, and it isn't even something foreign to what the Magic have done this post season, some of us would simply like to see MORE of it.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, I said to have a back court of JJ and Lee, and share the ball handling duties, just like they have been doing.

The Magic have spent 26 minutes in the post season without one of their three PG's on the floor, with Hedo, JJ, and Lee all helping to work the offense and bring the ball up the court.

No one is saying start JJ as the PG, and let him play the traditional PG role, but it's painful to have two guys combine to go 2-14 from the floor and score 7 points between them. JJ at least had the added benefit of getting 7 assists. Why not handling duties between JJ, Lee, and Hedo? There were times last night that Alston was on the floor and not bringing the ball up the court, which begs the question, what purpose does he serve being on the floor at that point?

Calling for more time with a back court of Lee and JJ is not an attempt to push either one into a true PG role in the playoffs, and it isn't even something foreign to what the Magic have done this post season, some of us would simply like to see MORE of it.

With Turk on the floor I don't have a problem with it. But I don't think SVG has had JJ and Lee on the floor without Turk and I don't think he will. This team needs to get Rafer going, he needs to quit shooting 3's and go to the basket.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Yeah, I'm all for returning to our main starting lineup. Jameer would be a huge offensive boost. Oh.

For the record, any remaining Meer haters better keep quiet for eternity now after seeing what a distributing PG does for this team. They desperately need some offensive leadership out there.

The Magic had a distributing player last night the problem was he wasn't any of our pg's Redick had 7 assists in the game. So bj you are so proud most of the time about stating all of Redick's stats so why this one time did you forget that. Oh yes I forgot it doesn't mesh with your spin.

quote:
Originally posted by 3 years left:

Well regardless of the fact, he will only be on the team for one more year and we won't have to worry about him period. We'll see if any other coach will start him the playoffs again.

Are you bj in disguise because you certainly sound like him. So I gather you think his 7 assists were worthless in the game. Yes I would like to see him shoot better, but that seems to go back and forth. Remember he shot well in the game we lost. Yes I know you forgot that.

Also Allen has had a problem getting his shot off against Redick. The defense and assists are great surprises that the Magic need. IMO you are going to see Redick in a Magic uniform more then just after next year. Wow if that happens you might stop posting lol

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfanagain:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

Lee made two more shots than redick, other than that he didnt do anything deserving of being moved into the starting lineup. if anything, i thought his defense was worse than redicks. redick has ray allen in his pocket. Lee made two more shots than redick, other than that he didnt do anything deserving of being moved into the starting lineup. if anything, i thought his defense was worse than redicks. redick has ray allen in his pocket.

you're joking right? you didn't even watch that game did you? I'm sorry, but who was that LIT US UP in games 2 and 3? House. Who did Lee primarily guard last night and also only allowed, oh I dunno, 1 shot? House. Lee's D on House was every bit as good as JJs on Allen. And a lot of people are over-hyping that. Allen has been missing his open shots and he doesn't normally do that. Yes, as I've said, JJ is doing a good job defensively, but come on. Ray's not been Ray this entire series and he's simply not hitting his open shots.

To say Lee doesn't deserve to be "moved into the starting lineup" is idiotic. HE IS THE STARTER. He started the last half of the year and the playoffs - and was probably our most consistent player both offensively and defensively (Philly series) - until Howard took him out! Not to mention it was Howard and Lee's string of jumpers that got us over the hump and gave us a legit shot at winning.

Yes House only had the one shot in the game, but he also had foul trouble. So did Lee in less then a two minute span Lee picked up two quick fouls and Stan had to put JJ back into the game.

I think Redick could make some the guys on here punks if he tried you. He is only a backup and will only be a backup. Quit trying to find any positive you can in this chump. Lee has been a reason why we won 59 games this season. Your boy has had multiple DNP by his name this year. The chump didn't play for two years becuase he couldn't play defense under two different coaches, and now you want him to be a defensive stopper. Stop the lobbying.