quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Weezyana:

unbelievable...great defense the last 8 minutes and crap defense when it matters the most

That was FANTASTIC DEFENSE. We got a young player who was probably the fourth option to take an jumper out of his range with a solid closeout. That is good defense

Considering that was the second time he did that and he was the hot hand and he was wide open I would say that was terrible defense. Big Baby has been hitting that shot all playoffs.

Incorrect. You would rather have Big Baby taking a contested jumper outside of his range than Pierce turning the lane and going to the foul line. You can't stop everything and we played it smart and hard and the results were not as good as they could have been.

it wasnt out of his range..have u watched any of the games he has played this post season? hes been making that shot with regularity

Again, your wrong. That is a deep shot for him. He usually takes shots about three feet further in and that makes a difference. We forced the screen to come high enough and sent him on a wide enough angle to take him out of his comfort zone. You really can't do much more unless you want to let Pierce turn the corner, foul, or leave a superior player to Davis open. We did everything correct but the outcome wasn't as good as it probably should have been.

u havent been watching many celtics games this playoffs then

I've watched all but 1.

Yeah your wrong, bad defense that is his shot. Thats not how you play that situation.

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Baby had 5 fouls I thought before that play. They have been showing it like that.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

HOW THE F DID BIG BABY NOT FOUL OUT ON PREVIOUS PLAY WHERE RASHARD WAS FOULED??

Anybody know the answer?

4 cupcakes and 1 cupcake is 5 cupcakes. Understand?

Name the fouls because if you're right, we probably replay the final 11 seconds of that game. Weirder things have happened.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Strata75:

quote:

quote:

Hey Stan Vandumby, why wouldnt you have an intentional foul and send them to the line to get us the ball back with time on the clock? Semms more of an option than hoping for the best.

This is retarded. You force the other team to beat you, you don't leave three seconds on the clock for an attempt to win it

wasnt there 11 sec on the clock? I saw 11 not 3.. maybe it was just me.

Okay fouling on the catch is so stupid it shouldn't even be a thought in your head. I figured you had enough basketball sense to be referring to after Big Baby slipped the screen that we should wrap up Pierce. Fouling on the catch is not even a possibility in that situation and shouldn't be an afterthought

So, I will agree to disagree here.. I personally think giving them 2 shots to go up by 1 point and give us the ball back with lets call it 9 seconds was a better option.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey Stan Vandumby, why wouldnt you have an intentional foul and send them to the line to get us the ball back with time on the clock? Semms more of an option than hoping for the best.

This is retarded. You force the other team to beat you, you don't leave three seconds on the clock for an attempt to win it

wasnt there 11 sec on the clock? I saw 11 not 3.. maybe it was just me.

Okay fouling on the catch is so stupid it shouldn't even be a thought in your head. I figured you had enough basketball sense to be referring to after Big Baby slipped the screen that we should wrap up Pierce. Fouling on the catch is not even a possibility in that situation and shouldn't be an afterthought

So, I will agree to disagree here.. I personally think giving them 2 shots to go up by 1 point and give us the ball back with lets call it 9 seconds was a better option.

ive never seen some1 foul on purpose to get the last shot when they are winning in the history of the nba

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Weezyana:

unbelievable...great defense the last 8 minutes and crap defense when it matters the most

That was FANTASTIC DEFENSE. We got a young player who was probably the fourth option to take an jumper out of his range with a solid closeout. That is good defense

Considering that was the second time he did that and he was the hot hand and he was wide open I would say that was terrible defense. Big Baby has been hitting that shot all playoffs.

Incorrect. You would rather have Big Baby taking a contested jumper outside of his range than Pierce turning the lane and going to the foul line. You can't stop everything and we played it smart and hard and the results were not as good as they could have been.

No, you have the clock, you know when he is going to shoot it. You switch that play if he turns you have the best shot blocker in the NBA.

Make someone make a contested jumper not a wide open jumper, you have to know who is hot. Its horrible defense and a mental mistake which is what this team always does.

Again this is 100% wrong. You NEVER let the best player on a team turn the corner in a close game with limited time left. The Celtcs made the same mistake and it resulted on Rashard going to the line, which, is what would happen if Pierce didn't see a show from Rashard. He would have won it from the line

Dude do you know what your talking about? I just heard 4 basketball anaylysts all say the same thing. They played it wrong. Pierce had no time Baby hit the shot as time expired, if he turned he didn't have time to go tot the basket.

There was one phantom foul call on Dwight towards the end, where he did not touch the driving guy (I believe it was Rondo), but foul was called. Don't forget that one.

4 points on HORRIBLE calls on "goal tends"

rondo can't walk straight, 4-5 points

etc etc

crap calls didn't help, but what cost us this game was plain and simple...we couldn't shoot. wide open threes all night and they weren't dropping. live by it, die by it.

Argh!!!! Man, the frustration of watching at the end was unbelievable. Now we've got to win up in Boston for game 5 and then take care of business back home. I can't believe that shot...

quote:

That shot was out of Davis' comfort zone. Everybody arguing otherwise is wrong

oh man i forgot this was kramer, who knows everything about everything ur right im wrong and so was kenny smith and chuck