Sign in to follow this  
MagicFanBen

Reasons why the Magic need to bid farewell to Hedo...

I like the idea of trying to trade turk to move up like boston did bc honestly turk aint got much left. Watching him try to get to the rim is very redundant. Its dribble right 2times then crossover slowly left only to get a foot behind the 3pt line and chuck up a shot. I really like Okur's style of play bc it is totally different from dwight and we could use Okur to pick and pop and have dwight under the basket waiting on the shot or pass. I'm 100% sure we can make it to the finals but another season of 2 small fowards might have SVG looking for a job

quote:
#3 - The Magic do not need Hedo's playmaking. He has been our go to guy, but has been a big choker in the playoffs. With the emergence of Lee and the return of Nelson next year there will not be enough shots to go around for the offense the magic will have.

Putting everything on Jameer and Lee's hands as far as play making is concerned is a risk.

Remember last year, we heavily relied on Hedo, now he has choked big time. WHAT IF that happens next year?

I do agree that we need to trade Hedo, but not for the reasons you mentioned. But for the sole reason of improving our roster.

I hate to say it, but we are still lacking in pieces to be taken seriously by the media. We can't even close out games, or even take care of big leads.

With the team having to pay the whopping 120 million contract of Rashard, then Dwight's max and Jameer's contract, the team already has reached its peak as far as improving its roster in concerned.

Right now, the only improvement we can make on our team is minimal.

The only way to improve is to sign-and-trade Hedo or Marcin and acquire complimentary players to Jameer, Dwight and Shard.

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

Well, first i'll admit, Hedo is a good player BUT he really needs to go! This isn't a knee-jerk post to the loss last night because I've been just pulling my hair out watching him play all year! Honestly, no amount of amazing fourth quarter performances game winners can change my mind about him! He's a 15 game All-star. He plays at a high level for 15 games and then plays like crap the other 67... I know i'm overexaggerating here lol but you get my point...

Hedo's dumb as a sack of pinto beans! I mean who gets a 8 second violation against no defense anymore!?! He's softer than cotton, he's slower than molasses, weaker than a bunny rabbit and has the heart of an ostrich! He can't even defend a turkey sandwich with cheese!!!!!

He's nice for the regular season but useless in the playoffs!

Get rid of him!

Maybe trade him to someone in the lotto, like Boston did with Ray, and take Earl Clark or Demar DeRozan...

how come someone is being a good player - your words- while being dump, softer, slower, weaker, heartless, defendless... if your "good" description is like this, i wonder what "bad" is.

We know you are overexaggerating here and dont worry we get your pointless...

Agreed. Not because of last night...

Im not convinced this team NEEDS Hedo... because we make great runs when he's out of the game. Give his touches to CLee, who with time and tries will be able to stir up the lane and shoot MUCH more effectively that Hedo.

And not necessarily Sheed to play PF, he and Stan would likely bump heads.

My favorite line-up has been Skip, CLee, MP, Shard, Dwight.... Great defense. very atheletic. Each player can get to the rim or spot up.

This team NEEDS to (re)sign a Gortat type... most preferably the man himself.

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

quote:

Well, first i'll admit, Hedo is a good player BUT he really needs to go! This isn't a knee-jerk post to the loss last night because I've been just pulling my hair out watching him play all year! Honestly, no amount of amazing fourth quarter performances game winners can change my mind about him! He's a 15 game All-star. He plays at a high level for 15 games and then plays like crap the other 67... I know i'm overexaggerating here lol but you get my point...

Hedo's dumb as a sack of pinto beans! I mean who gets a 8 second violation against no defense anymore!?! He's softer than cotton, he's slower than molasses, weaker than a bunny rabbit and has the heart of an ostrich! He can't even defend a turkey sandwich with cheese!!!!!

Get rid of him!

Maybe trade him to someone in the lotto, like Boston did with Ray, and take Earl Clark or Demar DeRozan...

how come someone is being a good player - your words- while being dump, softer, slower, weaker, heartless, defendless... if your "good" description is like this, i wonder what "bad" is.

Maybe you should take an english grammar class before trying to point out things to me in my posts :s ... "dump"? "defendless"? "how come someone is being a good player"? c'mon now...

All I was saying was simply that Hedo is a good player BUT he lacks many important qualities such as heart, defense, speed and strength :S.. I mean who can't exploit a Brian Scalibrine matchup? He's lazy as hell man.. He's the definition of "all skill but no will" and just doesn't give 100% all game.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

Agreed. Not because of last night...

Im not convinced this team NEEDS Hedo... because we make great runs when he's out of the game. Give his touches to CLee, who with time and tries will be able to stir up the lane and shoot MUCH more effectively that Hedo.

And not necessarily Sheed to play PF, he and Stan would likely bump heads.

My favorite line-up has been Skip, CLee, MP, Shard, Dwight.... Great defense. very atheletic. Each player can get to the rim or spot up.

This team NEEDS to (re)sign a Gortat type... most preferably the man himself.

+10,000!!!

OMG, this is so true. We play our best ball when Hedo isn't in the game. The few times Hedo tries to make his best Magic Johnson impression, we play excellent ball, but most times he's just the same blackhole that Zack Randolph is!

Think about it for a second... Crisp ball movement and high % shots in the 1st half of game 1... 2nd Half, Hedo gets caught up with Scal and decides to chuck and go one-on-one all night, which leads to the rest of the team chucking 3's and Boston getting back into the game . He's constantly yelled at by SVG for taking BAD shots! (Pietrus too, but he makes up for it with defense)

Hedo stops the ball from moving and thinks most plays should start and end with him. Although he gets like 4-5 assists per game, his assists mainly come from spoon feeding Dwight, a rare drive AND kick or just passing to some open guy waiting on the perimeter.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Vellassco:

quote:

Get rid of him!

Maybe you should take an english grammar class before trying to point out things to me in my posts :s ... "dump"? "defendless"? "how come someone is being a good player"? c'mon now...

All I was saying was simply that Hedo is a good player BUT he lacks many important qualities such as heart, defense, speed and strength :S.. I mean who can't exploit a Brian Scalibrine matchup? He's lazy as hell man.. He's the definition of "all skill but no will" and just doesn't give 100% all game.

I ll say only one thing to you.

From now on dont overexaggerate, try underexagration. LOL

When you over do it, you do it all over yourself.

And by the way, look up the meaning of exagration pls.

quote:
Originally posted by ClubMed:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

let me say this... not a single person on this board or any message board knows what they are talking about and if they did... they would be a coach at any level.... we are all just fans... and we all need to realize we don't know what we are talking about compared to stan van gundy or phil jackson... i'm all for opinions but dont come on here and act like your all that and you can change the game of basketball because guess what you cant!

You are increedible, do you really know the meaning of being a fan?

You probably have some opinions about politics and economics, but you wont let people make comments about a simple thing like basketball.

Basketball is the easiest sport in the world, well right after soccer. You have a rim, and a ball, put it in there. It aint no brain surgery. Ofcourse people will have opinions.

Dont be harsh.

And ofcourse if you did that to defend Hedo, I ll climb the highest tree and get you an apple.

Still everyone of us has opinions.

It is better they are heard, dont you think?

Clubmed i don't like you but i have to admit. what you just wrote made alot sense. the soccer line was to funny

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by Mac Man:

quote:
Originally posted by MO_EVANS:

quote:
Originally posted by Mac Man:

I'll say this. im with you on the hedo needs to be gone and i like adding rasheed to our team. Also can we trade Jameer Nelson for Kirk Hinrich we need to get taller. I know he was a all-star but he's a migit. Don't mean to be rude.

Are you serious? You want to trade an all star pg who is the leader of this team for a 7th player on the Bulls?

Dude Hinrich is a starter in this league the only reason why Rose got the push he got because kirk got injured early in the year. Please tell me something Nelson does that he can't do better wait in the off-season and see how many teams go after this trade.

the_press_thinks_youre_an_idiot.jpg

You'll see

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

let me say this... not a single person on this board or any message board knows what they are talking about and if they did... they would be a coach at any level.... we are all just fans... and we all need to realize we don't know what we are talking about compared to stan van gundy or phil jackson... i'm all for opinions but dont come on here and act like your all that and you can change the game of basketball because guess what you cant!

Quite the contribution, I must say. Bravo!

quote:
Originally posted by Magicjunky:

I like the idea of trying to trade turk to move up like boston did bc honestly turk aint got much left. Watching him try to get to the rim is very redundant. Its dribble right 2times then crossover slowly left only to get a foot behind the 3pt line and chuck up a shot. I really like Okur's style of play bc it is totally different from dwight and we could use Okur to pick and pop and have dwight under the basket waiting on the shot or pass. I'm 100% sure we can make it to the finals but another season of 2 small fowards might have SVG looking for a job

So we have two soft, jump shooting small forwards and you want to get rid of Turk for a 7 ft version of himself, except slower? And if he's just going to camp at the 3 point line and "pick and pop" isn't that what Turk already does? At least Turk could take it to the hole and ball handle a little, Okur can't do any of this in addition to what you would want out of a big man, which is rebounding, solid D and an aggressive presence in the paint. I think your right, the championship would definitely be on the horizon with that move.

The time to trade Hedo was always going to be last year's deadline. That the team didn't make a move then just means that either they'll lose him for nothing when he opts out, they'll sign and trade him when he opts out for substantially less than his value 18 months ago, or he won't opt out and they'll trade him as an expiring deal.

I'm almost positive I wrote something similar to this 18 months ago.