Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

According to J.J. the Magic are better without Dwight(Bill Ingram)

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I will say this...that was the best I've ever seen J.J. Redick play in his professional career...oddly, Dwight didn't play.

Coincidence?...Or a reason?

If it's a reason, what is it?

Curious of other's thoughts...

First off I have to agree with KITNO, irresponsible journalism.

But to chime in a likely reason for improved performance. He is guarenteed to get minutes whether he sucks it up or not. C Lee is out, Bogans dosen't play here anymore, Peitrius can't play 48 minutes. It can be tough playing when you feel like you have to sink every single shot or get yanked out of the game for a few months, especially for a shooter, they usually need to have the confidence of players and coach to let them miss a few and know they are still going to get minutes.

You have to figure that JJ has spent his whole basketball career as "the guy" on the team who is going to take most of the shots. Now in the nba that is not the case, and he will have to adjust.

Happy JJ is playing well, but when does CLee get back?

This just people taking words out of context..We have a pretty good team period..We had people step up big, & I think they can move the ball around when Dwights on the floor..I seen it through out the season..Media always makes mountains out of mole hills..J.J played great ball..Lets keep it up, see who we are facing come tomorrow night..I hope Lee comes back soon too, because The Celtics & Bulls have some good backcourt players..Let's go Magic!

Just to quote SVG, I think this is related to what JJ said on tweeter..

quote:
"We wouldn't be where we are without Dwight, but these other guys want to prove that they can get the job done. They dominated the game from beginning to end."

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

If this is based on "Orlando Howards", then we are reading too much between the lines.

Agree. Talk about making mountains out of molehills...

I think it's pretty clear what J.J.'s intention was.

About the team's performance, I don't think they're better without Dwight, they were just better coached lol.

They need to some how adjust to keep the intensity and ball movement with Dwight in. That would give the opponent more reasons to be worried about.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Just to quote SVG, I think this is related to what JJ said on tweeter..

quote:
"We wouldn't be where we are without Dwight, but these other guys want to prove that they can get the job done. They dominated the game from beginning to end."

OMG Stan thinks they are better off without Dwight!!!!!!

I'M SHOUTING THIS. JJ IS SMART ENOUGH TO NOT SAY ANYTHING LIKE THIS AND ANYONE CAN IMPERSONATE ANYONE ON TWITTER. THIS IS JUST SOME UNINFORMED IDIOT TRYING TO GET SOMETHING GOING.

This is a no brainer. Everyone knows the focus is always on getting the ball to Dwight. The Magic and everyone else knew that for Game 6, there would be no Dwight and they were perceived to have little or no inside game without him. The focus would have to be on perimeter shooting. The Magic as a team proved they didn't have to have Dwight to survive game 6. That's obvious now. JJ stepped up his game and that was enough to get the rest into rhythm. JJ was having fun! He was doing what he does best and everything else fell into line.

If you've watched closely during the season when JJ played, JJ rarely got the ball enough to get into any kind of rhythm. Game 6, JJ was an integral part of the game plan enough that he made the shots he needed to in order to spark the team. And the rest is history.

All they did was prove they could step up and win without Dwight! No one is saying they're better or worse with him or without him.

I could tell before the game that JJ was focused. The spotlight and the pressure was on. Could see it in his face throughout the game too. He didn't let anything bother him. That's the way he should always play.

Bottomline the Magic played their kind of game. If Stan didn't learn anything else from this game he should know that he can change up the game plan from time to time and the results will be positive. That's a vote of confidence for him and he should take serious note of that. He can do!

Bill Ingram got it all wrong, its not only JJ...

look at Andre's whole quote

quote:
They hit shots, and it is all about opportunity which they took advantage of on every shot. A couple of players were saying that they move the ball better without Dwight Howard in the line-up. They did that tonight by scoring over 100 points. That says a lot about the confidence of the players with him not in the line-up.

LOL

i thought i was finished posting on this board but bj is so amazing i could not control myself. leave it to him to start in on jj again. if he is a true magic fan he should be elated that he and the magic "team" did a great job. why begin this nonsense when the magic are in the hunt for a championship. bj you should get on the wagon and stop holding it up. hatred is an evil thing. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

i thought i was finished posting on this board but bj is so amazing i could not control myself. leave it to him to start in on jj again. if he is a true magic fan he should be elated that he and the magic "team" did a great job. why begin this nonsense when the magic are in the hunt for a championship. bj you should get on the wagon and stop holding it up. hatred is an evil thing. jacklj

He's not stirring anything up. He posted an article that was intended to be primarily about Dwight. If you are going to get that crazy over a JJ reference you should do all of us a favor and quit posting.

Ingram is really reaching. I bet if you polled the remaining players on the Magic roster they would have shared the same sentiment that JJ had. They believed that they were very capable of beating the Sixers in Philly without Dwight and it showed on the court.

It also didn't hurt that they were moving the ball and hitting jumpers. They didn't do that the whole series.