Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Game 6: Playoff Game Thread Magic @ Sixers 4/30/09 7:00 P.M.

Inspired Magic take it fast and hard to the Sixers and the stands will be cleared by the beginning of the 4th period.

Philly will be the first team to fire their coach during the middle of a playoff game.

Gortat will get a few kills. I can't predict everything.

quote:
Originally posted by duelingdragons:

We need to feed Shard on the low left block again!!!!!!

He dominated down there last night, especially in the 4th quarter!

when he gets doubled hopefully jj and mp knock down the 3 ball

Game is on FS-Florida.

I say we win by 4 points. Rashard and Hedo will come to play, Pietrus will have 15 and JJ 13.

I think I threw up a little in my mouth looking at that starting lineup, but I hope that our players rally around the adversity. It's amazing that Dwight's two elbows effectively took 2/5ths of our starting lineup out for Game 6.

Now would be a good time for JJ to get out of his minor shooting slump; no more 1-5 games. Also, I hope that Rashard really takes this team on his back. He showed us something in the fourth quarter last game. I just hope Stan saw it too. Lesson? Our closer is Rashard Lewis...the guy getting paid superstar money. Not Turk.

I think I'm real close to just giving up on the NBA. For people who aren't blind by hubris and aren't homers, it justs takes its toll on your mind until it finally says:

"The League will never be fair."

The league has a hierarchy starting with the God and the King. Its just ashame things turned out this way for the league. The game gets worse as the seasons pass and teams are winning games they were'nt suppose to win in the first place.

The officiating is inconsistent and the league fails to abide by the rules; rules which they created.

This brings me to shame, stress, and digust. I loathe the game so much right now as I watch idiotic analysts on television that don't know what they are talking about.

The Magic are in wits. To be honest, I don't really think we'll ever win a championship with the league the way it is now. It seems hopeless but I see a hole approximately one millimeter in diameter with the light at the end of it. I just hope no one plugs it up with dirt.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

I think I'm real close to just giving up on the NBA. For people who aren't blind by hubris and aren't homers, it justs takes its toll on your mind until it finally says:

"The League will never be fair."

The league has a hierarchy starting with the God and the King. Its just ashame things turned out this way for the league. The game gets worse as the seasons pass and teams are winning games they were'nt suppose to win in the first place.

The officiating is inconsistent and the league fails to abide by the rules; rules which they created.

This brings me to shame, stress, and digust. I loathe the game so much right now as I watch idiotic analysts on television that don't know what they are talking about.

The Magic are in wits. To be honest, I don't really think we'll ever win a championship with the league the way it is now. It seems hopeless but I see a hole approximately one millimeter in diameter with the light at the end of it. I just hope no one plugs it up with dirt.

I couldn't say it better myself O-dub. I was working today and had this exactly the same thoughts. I see that every year the league makes it best effort to break the rules and make the two teams they want to see in the finals. This entirely series has been officiated so bad that I honestly was considering to stop watching NBA basketball because the Magic are getting robbed every year by the officials. It is very sad that the game I have grown watching has gotten to this level. I still remember since the year started that everyone talk about Cavaliers and Lakers and I believe the NBA wants this series because the money that it will draw ... I feel that it has become this way... Also Rondo not getting a flagrant or even a suspension while Dwight was getting hammered and retaliated ... WoW!!! thats a big one to swallow... I just hope we win this game and prove that we have that good of a team.

Something needs to be done, or the NBA will continue to slip into obscurity. The NFL is king, and the MLB, even with all their conspiracies, are above the NBA. Why? Their game is pure. Sure, debate how players got to be the way they are. Complain about training techniques and contracts. But when you sit down to watch the game, you are watching the best athletes in the world perform their sport, not some middle-aged guys in neutral colors determine the outcome of the contest.

And really, it is a shame. I love basketball because it is about people. You see every facial expression, every smile, every stare down. The game relies on teamwork more than any other sport. In basketball, it is virtually impossible for a smug athlete to go home after a loss without a guilty conscience. In football, a receiver can say 'I caught every ball they threw at me' or an outfielder can say 'I was 3-3 with 2 home runs. My teammates were the ones who failed."

Basketball is about personality. 5 guys coming together, many of different backgrounds and even different languages. These guys have to buy into it, and the good teams become close. Look at the Magic. They are friends. If Adonal Foyle and Rafer Alston never touched a basketball, they would never meet. Their social circles would be completely different. Even Jameer and Dwight, who are now close friends. Basketball is about people and personalities and chemistry. I don't want to see that tainted because of some egos that want to make the most money possible. I don't want to see guys who put blood sweat and tears into a game be cheated out of an opportunity. For a referee to have a direct impact on the outcome of a game is asinine and needs to be fixed. Immediately.

i hope we straight up kill this team....i wanna see foyle check into the game, kick dalembert in his lady parts, and then go to the locker room. i wanna see jj with some passion ala his days at duke. I wanna see turk play like he is on the turkish national team and the gold medal is on the line. I wanna see gortat so pumped up and full of aggression that he eats babies at halftime. I wanna see peaches curse someone out in french. Man i'm pumped for this game, i can't imagine how the players feel!