Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Game 3 Playoffs: Magic @ 76ers 04/24 8PM

Magic are consistently shooting <43% FG in this series while Philly is shooting >53% FG. Our 3pt% is even way worse than the regular season. Despite that, we are only barely losing the games.

But, if we barely lose 2 more games, the percentages really don't matter.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I'm still trying to figure out how we're losing 2-1 in a series when our best player is shooting 77% from the field.

Simple, everyone else on our team is shooting 2%.

OMG, where do I start? Such a heartbreaker of a game. Once Howard hit those 2 clutch freethrows, I thought OT for sure.

The thing that just BOGGLES the mind is, WHY would you go away from a lineup that was working???? When we were down 15 or 16 in the 3rd quarter, we subbed out Turk for Pietrus making a lineup of: Alston, Lee, Pietrus, Shard, Dwight. THAT lineup got us back in the game, and made it to like a 2, 3 point game at the end of the 3rd. Come the beginning of the 4th, Turk's inserted back in. WHY??? With Pietrus, it looked like a different team out there, with more movement, purpose, intensity.

I'm not a Hedo hater at all. I'm hoping this is all due to his ankle, but whatever the reason, I don't think even his most ardent fan can deny that he's simply been playing subpar (w/o resorting to vulgarity). I, along with I'm sure many other fans, are getting tired of the ball stopping at Hedo and having him look down his opponent from 'triple threat' position for like 6 seconds and then making his move.

This loss was a coaching loss. SVG put Turk back in when the other lineup was owning for no reason. What, was Pietrus tired?? Doubtful SVG, he's had plenty of rest sitting on the bench for the last half of the regular season! Play him and stick with him! At this point, I groan everytime in the 4th whenever Hedo gets the ball. Sorry SVG, the whole 'he's played well for me in the past and therefore I will continue to trust him' is like someone who loses both their arms and still tries to scratch that hard to reach spot on the back. Hedo just doesn't have it. He's lost it, it's due to his injury or something whatever, just accept it and adapt. If you lose your both your arms, you don't try and scratch your back with your non-existent hands, you find another way and rub your back on a wall. Learn and adapt, learn and adapt.

-Charlius-

Again late in the game we forget Howard until the last 6 seconds. And why oh god is Hedo still being relied on to do anything in this series? He cant score cant guard and yet he still finds himself on the court with the game on the line? My god, come on stan bench his ***.

We need to give the ball to Dwight 80 percent of the time next game, if they want to give us Dwight, I say take what they give us, force them to double Dwight. And god Stan play Peaches more then Hedo he is the only guy who can stay in front of Iggy.

Also what was Lewis doing on that last play, he went for the steal with 6 seconds left and the GAME ON the line? My god, play man to man and let this game go to overtime Lewis, dont gamble like that.

Down 2-1 now, and its not looking good. Well if to much expectations were tough for the team lets see how having none does for them. Philly believes now, how do our guys respond now? Because we are now in must win situation. All the sudden blowing a 18 point lead doesnt look so hot.

Two words: Disappointed and Confused.

I don't understand how we aren't up 3-0. This message is for the Magic, and mostly Hedo:

Pull your heads out (Dwight, you're playing great, but if they won't pull their heads out, do it for them)

Really disappointed in the way we came out in the first half, no intensity whatsoever, shocking. I'm really upset how it seems like everyone but Dwight just thinks that we can turn it on whenever we want, we obviously can't.

What's more disappointing is that it seemed like the Sixers home crowd was M.I.A all night, empty seats left and right, so we can't say we were in a hostile environment (I saw plenty of Blue and White in the crowd which was shocking).

I'm still ticked off at how in the 3rd & 4th every time we came within 2 or tied the score we kept taking these 3's when all we needed was a freaking basket!!! Anything!!!! We had like 3 or 4 stops in a row with the score tied and we're chucking up 3's, I'm still lost on that one.

It really does come down to Game 4 on Sun now for us, if we lose and go down 3-1, the writing is on the wall. We all knew that C Lee was bound to slow down sooner or later, lets hope he bounces back in game 4. As far as Turk and Shard if just 1 of them can have a 20+ pts night we should win on Sun.

I still believe that if we come home (to Orlando NOT Seattle Rashard)with the series tied 2-2, we should be able to win 2 outta 3 back with the home court, but I'm sure I'm thinking that like all Magic fans. I guess we'll have to wait and see. GO MAGIC!!!

Good thing I went to the club.

I thought they were going to try to come back and then end up losing this game. The Magic have played like this for years and the cycle never stops.

Quite honestly, I'm worried about Dwight. I feel that his teammates are failing him more than ever before. They miss there shots and they aren't spreading the floor.

I'm completely done defending any small forward on this team. They all completely suck and have sucked since the allstar game.

This Orlando Magic team is crumbling at the statement that Avery Johnson made and I wasn't at all surprised. Does this team ever surprise you?

The Magic should have grown up since last season. Veteran leadership seems absolutely useless. Players are soft as **** and no one can't get there asses on the floor or put an ******* on the ground.

If we don't win this series, this will have to be used:

panic%20button.gif

If we lose on sunday then our season is over, I'll feel good about the series being tied with a 2-2 series tie coming back home to Orlando..Sucks that two games that came down to the wire went in there favor..I feel bad for Dwight, but he just has to keep it up..The rest of the guys need to show the F up..& Rashard try to dunk the ball, your 6' 10 laying it up soft as hell go up strong!!! & Turk..*Sigh....Bring back the old Turk, your play is really whats dragging us down..Alston played good..Lee didnt get that many shots up..We missed numerous bunnies...I am just flat out frustraed..But lets win on sunday or its our season..Come back to Orlando 2-2 we have the advantage, atleast I think!!!

What you didn't see would really tick you off. SVG and Dwight were yelling at each other during one of the time outs. The coaches were trying to show SVG something and SVG yelled at them and wouldn't listen to what they were saying. SVG was yelling at Ewing. Definitely a sign of panic! SVG needs to take a step back and get this figured out.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

What you didn't see would really tick you off. SVG and Dwight were yelling at each other during one of the time outs. The coaches were trying to show SVG something and SVG yelled at them and wouldn't listen to what they were saying. SVG was yelling at Ewing. Definitely a sign of panic! SVG needs to take a step back and get this figured out.

Yikes!