Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Would you rather have Turk or Marion?

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I think I read this on ESPN but could be wrong but they basically said 3 teams look to be willing to spend money this summer. Detroit, Memphis, and OKC.

If that is true none of those teams are going to pay Turk big bucks when they have Prince, Gay, and Durant at the 3.

The only team I see coming within Turk's range is maybe the Kings but I do not know their cap situation.

Yeah I read that same thing. And I have to think that those teams would go after someone like Boozer before they'd consider Turkoglu.

Just have to hope that Turk doesn't pull a Stevenson and think he's worth more than he is only to be forced to play for less than he was originally offered. What an idiot.

quote:
Just have to hope that Turk doesn't pull a Stevenson and think he's worth more than he is only to be forced to play for less than he was originally offered. What an idiot

Well we all know that Otis will fill the void quickly if Hedo takes his time or is hedging on his decision.

It will be interesting this summer

quote:
Originally posted by stanvandamme:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

I think I read this on ESPN but could be wrong but they basically said 3 teams look to be willing to spend money this summer. Detroit, Memphis, and OKC.

If that is true none of those teams are going to pay Turk big bucks when they have Prince, Gay, and Durant at the 3.

The only team I see coming within Turk's range is maybe the Kings but I do not know their cap situation.

Yeah I read that same thing. And I have to think that those teams would go after someone like Boozer before they'd consider Turkoglu.

Just have to hope that Turk doesn't pull a Stevenson and think he's worth more than he is only to be forced to play for less than he was originally offered. What an idiot.

Not going to happen plus he doesn't have that idiots agent.

Plus Hedo is happy here and teams that are going to be on the hunt will be looking for bargains considering everything.

As to the Kings they just made trades before the deadline so they could get under the cap the owners are hurting with this current economy plus they are trying to get a new arena built.

quote:

Not to bring up a sore subject, but is there any updates on when the eff Fran is supposed to come over, if ever?

His contract ends after NEXT season. So, if he wanted to come over for the '09-'10, he'd have to reach a buyout agreement. Otherwise, he's scheduled to be available for '10-'11. Not holding my breath....and neither is Otis & Co.

quote:

Not to bring up a sore subject, but is there any updates on when the eff Fran is supposed to come over, if ever?

a sore subject would be saying the name danny granger.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

a sore subject would be saying the name danny granger.

Ouch...that is sore.

I think that turk is a better fit... He is a better shooter(great for d12), passer and dribbler-- then marion. I think that we need turk because we can run the offense through him at times; mostly the forth quarter. Marion is a great rebounder and plays better d but turks strengths are one of the reasons we have the team we have.

If it ain't broke don't fix it...

Marion is not a good basketball player at all. He is a moron who thought he was a superstar just because he was playing with the Suns who made everyone looks like a superstar. Look at how good David Lee, Nate, and even Larry Hughes seem when theyre playing with D-Antoni. Turk is a much more versatile player than Marion, even when it is obvious Marion is a far better defender.

And Lamar Odom has to be the dumbest player in the league, his IQ is significantly below average. He should be considered mentally challenged, but symptoms must be present before 18. Between walking in bounds with the ball and trying to score when theyre up with 20 seconds left...i just feel bad for him.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

Hedo

quote:
I like Marion, but dont we have a slightly older version in Battie??

probably one of the worst comparisons ever...

I dont believe so. I dont think Marions defense is out of the park. I think Tony has as consistant of a jumper as Marions (and not as ugly) I do believe that Marion is a better rebounder but in our system, he probably wouldnt work well with Dwight in the middle.

agreed. a comparison to pietrus would be more accurate, still not great.

I would rather have turk. He creates for us and already fits in this team. Marion, a player who thrived on his athleticism in his prime, is losing a bit of his step.

Turk every time at this point.

He has had his ups and downs but overall he is very consistant. He does it all.

In fact if comparing him and Lewis, its almost a crime that Lewis makes so much more than Hedo.

If the question was Lewis or Hedo then what. Im think I'm still taking Hedo. He hasnt had the flu in awhile.