Sign in to follow this  
bhnole

Magic trade for Veteran PG Rafer Alston!

quote:
Originally posted by D-Guy:

Kenny the Jet Smith just said this trade put us past cleveland...I think hell just froze over.

I don't remember anyone saying that we were past Cleveland back when Jameer was healthy. So, is he implying that Alston is better than Jameer? I don't quite get it...

Chad Ford at it again!

quote:
1. ORLANDO MAGIC

Positive Spin: The combination of Tyronn Lue and Anthony Johnson just wasn't going to cut it. Rafer Alston gives Orlando a legit point guard to handle the team while Jameer Nelson sits out the rest of the season after shoulder surgery. Alston's contract is guaranteed for only $2.5 million next year.

Negative Spin: The Magic had to give up a first-round pick, which hurts. It's still highly doubtful that -- even with Alston -- this team can beat the Celtics and/or Cavs in a seven-game series. And I'm told they passed on a deal for a better point guard: Jamaal Tinsley.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...age=TradeEval-090220

Really Chad? Jamal Tinsley is a better Point Guard than Rafer Alston? Well, even if that is the case, his contract certainly is not.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Chad Ford at it again!

quote:
1. ORLANDO MAGIC

Positive Spin: The combination of Tyronn Lue and Anthony Johnson just wasn't going to cut it. Rafer Alston gives Orlando a legit point guard to handle the team while Jameer Nelson sits out the rest of the season after shoulder surgery. Alston's contract is guaranteed for only $2.5 million next year.

Negative Spin: The Magic had to give up a first-round pick, which hurts. It's still highly doubtful that -- even with Alston -- this team can beat the Celtics and/or Cavs in a seven-game series. And I'm told they passed on a deal for a better point guard: Jamaal Tinsley.

Really Chad? Jamal Tinsley is a better Point Guard than Rafer Alston? Well, even if that is the case, his contract certainly is not.

Plus it sounds like Chad likes a cancer and that is what Tinsley would have been to the Magic no better then Marbury why do you think the Pacers could never unload him.

I take Rafer any day over Jamal. Plus in the last two games Rafer played for Houston he had 24 assists playing an average of 31 minutes for each game.

Sounds like the Magic hit a home run with this trade.

Plus Chad is an idiot not an expert when it comes to basketball.

quote:
Originally posted by DontPushMe:

im only mad that we chose alston over lowry

even if alston comes here and sucks

salak m?s?n ? dangalak m?s?n ?

please stop to talk about lowry !!!

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

Chad Ford at it again!

quote:
1. ORLANDO MAGIC

Plus it sounds like Chad likes a cancer and that is what Tinsley would have been to the Magic no better then Marbury why do you think the Pacers could never unload him.

I take Rafer any day over Jamal. Plus in the last two games Rafer played for Houston he had 24 assists playing an average of 31 minutes for each game.

Sorry to tell you this but Jamal Tinsley is a way better PG than Alston. This is coming from a Rockets fan.

If I was on the Rockets, I'd be looking for mine too. That team is a mess. SVG has coached him before, so I think he'd be fine, also being on a contender makes you play much differently.

Tinsley is a good PG, but I'd rather have Alston. Lowry might be good one day, but we need good now, not one day. We've got our PG of the future in Jameer. Next year with both of them, our PG depth will be one of the best in the league.

quote:
Originally posted by WalterQ26:

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

Chad Ford at it again!

quote:
1. ORLANDO MAGIC

Sorry to tell you this but Jamal Tinsley is a way better PG than Alston. This is coming from a Rockets fan.

Then why has his team banned him and would have taken anything to dump him?

Talent wise, he is a better PG. Injury, head case and contract wise he loses out when compared to Alston as an option for us.

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

If I was on the Rockets, I'd be looking for mine too. That team is a mess. SVG has coached him before, so I think he'd be fine, also being on a contender makes you play much differently.

The team is a mess because of Tmac and the injurys. When Tmac sits and Brooks plays, we are fine. I love Lowry and what he brings to the team. Rafer couldn't run a fast break, he would jack up threes with 3 on 1s lol.

U guys did get much better but Rafer Alston is not that good.

I'm still excited about this trade. We could always buy or trade for a 1st round pick (which we should then acquire the best PF or PG available). Alston will be 33 after this season ends and Tinsley is turning 31 soon. Alston is 6'2 while Tinsley is 6'3. Tinsley is owed more than 14 million over the next two seasons while Alston is owed 2 million over the next season. Tinsley was banned from the Indiana Pacers by Larry Bird himself and told never to come back and to wait on him being traded (what did he do?). As JJ, Alston was arrested for driving drunk. Now tell me, is this not the best possible deal for the Magic for what we only had to give up? I'm sorry, but If Larry Bird personally banned Tinsley from the organization I don't want him on my team and I prefer Alson's contract as opposed to Tinsley's.

quote:
Originally posted by WalterQ26:

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

The team is a mess because of Tmac and the injurys. When Tmac sits and Brooks plays, we are fine. I love Lowry and what he brings to the team. Rafer couldn't run a fast break, he would jack up threes with 3 on 1s lol.

U guys did get much better but Rafer Alston is not that good.

Lowry isn't very good. He shoots a very low percentage and hasn't proven anything. Rafer Alston is the kind of player who can come in and be surrounded by the closest and friendliest team in the NBA playing under a genius of a coach who he is familiar with and be rejuvinated, not thinking about a team that is known for losing and careers falling apart, but a team that is just winning. The Magic are on pace with the Cavs and Celtics now that we have an adequate point guard, who will be considerabaly better with this new team. Next season though, this makes the 'Gic the best team in the league with a lot of expirings and teams desperate for them