Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

Game Thread: Bobcats @ Magic 2/17 (7 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

One last thought from yours truly...

I thought Lee was spectacular tonight. His defense on Felton was mostly good, even during that ridiculous stretch when Raymond went off...he was just hittin tough shots.

But Lee's acrobatic, tip-toeing steal in OT is what sealed the W for the Magic, IMO. That was just slightly below JJ's three as the play of the game, IMO (only because, if JJ hadn't have hit the 3, Lee couldn't have had that opportunity to begin with!)

...the chicken and the egg conundrum eh?

If the Magic had traded JJ becaues if You're Fat, Pat! wanted and another who I won't name then we wouldn't be having this conversation would we.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

quote:

I thought Lee was spectacular tonight. His defense on Felton was mostly good, even during that ridiculous stretch when Raymond went off...he was just hittin tough shots.

But Lee's acrobatic, tip-toeing steal in OT is what sealed the W for the Magic, IMO. That was just slightly below JJ's three as the play of the game, IMO (only because, if JJ hadn't have hit the 3, Lee couldn't have had that opportunity to begin with!)

If the Magic had traded JJ becaues if You're Fat, Pat! wanted and another who I won't name then we wouldn't be having this conversation would we.

Correct. Because the combination of LeBron (from the JJ trade) and Dwight woulda smoked the Bobcats outta the City Beautiful.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Correct. Because the combination of LeBron (from the JJ trade) and Dwight woulda smoked the Bobcats outta the City Beautiful.

Dream a little dream................

Nice win tonight in a game we probably should have lost. We should get used to games like this, though. I think we're going to be in a lot more close games against marginal teams than we were before Jameer went down.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

Just so everyone knows, just cuz JJ hit a big shot against the Bobcats doesn't make him a god, or a clutch NBA shooter, or a dynamic scorer, or a good use of a draft pick. He has not come close to earning any of those titles...or his paycheck.

If he starts hittin big shots on a regular basis, then I'll be glad to admit I was wrong and I may even start likin the guy...until then, going 1/8 in big time shots isn't gonna cut it, especially when the only reason why you're in the league in the first place is because you're supposed to be able to shoot the basketball.

Sorry. Hadta vent. Teehee.

it's ok, he hit a big shot, if he's on my team i'd want him in there to take that shot, but i'm in the same boat with consistency.

pec, we shall fall out now, peitrus missed his jumpers, but provided some serious defense on guys like gerald wallace and bell at times, i know it isn't a stat, but we need guys like him and lee to step out and shut down other team's best weapons at times, it's just what it is, and i don't care if he fouls out in the third quarter, he probably kept his man way under his point average to the point that they are tired and frustrated.

you're wasting your breath...pec will never grasp that defense is an important aspect of the game. As long as JJ looks cute while taking his shot she'll always think he should start and play over pietrus and pretty soon lee. Defense be d@mned!!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

Just so everyone knows, just cuz JJ hit a big shot against the Bobcats doesn't make him a god, or a clutch NBA shooter, or a dynamic scorer, or a good use of a draft pick. He has not come close to earning any of those titles...or his paycheck.

If he starts hittin big shots on a regular basis, then I'll be glad to admit I was wrong and I may even start likin the guy...until then, going 1/8 in big time shots isn't gonna cut it, especially when the only reason why you're in the league in the first place is because you're supposed to be able to shoot the basketball.

Sorry. Hadta vent. Teehee.

it's ok, he hit a big shot, if he's on my team i'd want him in there to take that shot, but i'm in the same boat with consistency.

pec, we shall fall out now, peitrus missed his jumpers, but provided some serious defense on guys like gerald wallace and bell at times, i know it isn't a stat, but we need guys like him and lee to step out and shut down other team's best weapons at times, it's just what it is, and i don't care if he fouls out in the third quarter, he probably kept his man way under his point average to the point that they are tired and frustrated.

Sorry disagree Pietrus stock down and btw he only played 22 minutes so it sounds like SVG agrees with my assessment of Pietrus.

Plus imo Hedo stock down as well.

you're a little slow so let me ask you a question in order to make my point.

If svg has as much confidence in JJ as you say, why didn't he play a nanosecond of overtime? Please you little teenybopper, answer my question. If there is anything resembling a rational thought i might fall out of my chair.

Well not to defend PEC here because I rarely agree with her thoughts on JJ. But JJ did play a nano-second of OT. He came in on the offensive side with like less then 30 seconds left. He sank a FT before Lee hit the 2 to seal the game on the same possesion. He was pulled before Courtney's second FT however. But MP wasn't in there either. Courtney is the SG that SVG trusts the most in the 4th quarter. If a big 3 is needed he goes to JJ. Because that is what JJ is on the team to do.

--Rojogrande