Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

It's official...Magic trade Keith Bogans for Tyronn Lue(pg.15)

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Redick/Bogans and a 1st would've gotten the deal done.

That deal doesn't come close to working under the CAP. And even if it did, why would a team supposedly desperate to cut salary to keep Charlie V want to add an extra 2.8m in salary for next year in Redick when they can just let Sessions walk next year and be better off in their CAP situation? For a pick in the late 20s?

We'd would take Malik Allen off their hand too.

That's still 2m away from working.

Just posted by Professor Hollinger in his Insider Gems:

quote:

5. It seems as though the Magic are content to work around the edges rather than do anything drastic in replacing Jameer Nelson -- today a report has them talking to the Bucks about a Keith Bogans-Tyronn Lue swap, and if that's on their radar, I'm sure they're talking to countless other teams about their No. 2 and No. 3 point guards as well.

If it's true that they're looking for a low-cost fill-in, I'd love to see them make a run at Golden State's C.J. Watson, a no-frills player who can hit open jumpers -- which is a huge factor in Orlando's system -- and doesn't need the ball in his hands.

But one thing is certain: Stephon Marbury would be a horrible fit there. On a team that depends on chemistry, defense and outside shooting, he would provide zero of the three. Strike him from your list and move on.

I'd much rather get this guy instead of Tyron Lue...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?co...ERDiemInsider-090205

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

5. It seems as though the Magic are content to work around the edges rather than do anything drastic in replacing Jameer Nelson -- today a report has them talking to the Bucks about a Keith Bogans-Tyronn Lue swap, and if that's on their radar, I'm sure they're talking to countless other teams about their No. 2 and No. 3 point guards as well.

If it's true that they're looking for a low-cost fill-in, I'd love to see them make a run at Golden State's C.J. Watson, a no-frills player who can hit open jumpers -- which is a huge factor in Orlando's system -- and doesn't need the ball in his hands.

But one thing is certain: Stephon Marbury would be a horrible fit there. On a team that depends on chemistry, defense and outside shooting, he would provide zero of the three. Strike him from your list and move on.

I'll take Watson over Lue anyday.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

You guys that keep saying we will address our backup PG position next year do realize that AJ is signed for next year also, right? If we think he can be our starter for half a season when we are an elite team, what makes you think he will be relegated to 3rd string while making 2.5 mil next year? Just asking because it seems like otis has a lot more confidence in AJ than we do.

Isn't the second year a team option? I thought it was.

Regardless, I think its safe to say that Otis doesn't view AJ as anything more than a short term solution. How can he think AJ has more than maybe 1 more season left in his legs? It should be a point guard heavy draft and that is our biggest need. It just makes sense to assume that Otis is going to take a hard look at drafting one.

quote:

quote:

I agree a 100%. Its funny though that Watson is exactly the kind of guy that you can find in the D League- a young, hungry to prove he belongs in the NBA type of player, who will do anything it takes to stay in the league.

Unfortunately, I think the Warriors have realized that they found a diamond in the rough and would not trade him, especially since he is very cheap for the production he provides.

quote:

quote:

Hey junkie

That was a very nice suggestion with C.J Watson. I think that we can make an even bigger deal which can bring C.J. and even Brandon Wright. What will it take for us to make such a deal?? That way we fill our both need in one move.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

You guys that keep saying we will address our backup PG position next year do realize that AJ is signed for next year also, right? If we think he can be our starter for half a season when we are an elite team, what makes you think he will be relegated to 3rd string while making 2.5 mil next year? Just asking because it seems like otis has a lot more confidence in AJ than we do.

Isn't the second year a team option? I thought it was.

Regardless, I think its safe to say that Otis doesn't view AJ as anything more than a short term solution. How can he think AJ has more than maybe 1 more season left in his legs? It should be a point guard heavy draft and that is our biggest need. It just makes sense to assume that Otis is going to take a hard look at drafting one.

His contract is guranteed for next year.

I think the Warriors only move Watson if they can get somebody to take one of their bad contracts with him. Since it is well publicized that they regret signing Maggete, I think they will use Watson to lure teams into taking Maggette's salary.

However, if they want to get rid of Turiaf's contract with Watson, then I say we trade anybody not in our top 6.

I like this deal. We're losing nothing of value and getting depth.

We would have a rough time trying to win the title WITH Jameer, so why should we risk losing Hedo next year to pick up some average to below average starter.

Sessions would've been intresting but clearly he costs too much, I'm sure Otis had to bring it up since we obiviously know he has been talking to the Bucks.

quote:
Originally posted by Levation1331:

I think the Warriors only move Watson if they can get somebody to take one of their bad contracts with him. Since it is well publicized that they regret signing Maggete, I think they will use Watson to lure teams into taking Maggette's salary.

However, if they want to get rid of Turiaf's contract with Watson, then I say we trade anybody not in our top 6.

I agree.