My 6th Rebuild

Jameer Has Torn Labrum, Timetable Uncertain

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

Torn labrum=done for the season. That said, do you trade Hedo, JJ, Bogans, and Cook to Phoenix for Barnes and Nash? I do!

What the hell would that accomplish?

Well, genius, it would get us a point guard with veteran leadership, an asset for Hedo rather than letting him just walk away at the end of the season, and remove the dead weight of Bogans, Cook, and JJ.

What's your plan?

it's not a good move...nash would be good on offense but his defense is on the other side of awful. Barnes is a below average player.

Also, we would be down to 2 sgs...one is a rookie and the other has had a lot of trouble staying healthy.

Man. And I had been saying all season long that the key to our success has been - and will continue to be - on Jameer Nelson.

How sad :-(

Two thoughts from this:

1.) The Magic recover from this by first simply allowing this to sink in and start anew. Not easy.

2.) Once we move on (however you do it), we have to find a new identity. A new way to win games.

A new team, basically. :-(

The players that have to step up in the back court are obvious (hopefully we add some talent soon) but I think there is a big load on Hedo and Rashard as well.

Somebody has to make the big shots. Hedo was our man last year, and we need him now more than ever. Mr. 4th quarter has to return, or we will LOSE GAMES. Period.

The two things I would say to avoid panic, my friends:

1.) Obviously this is still a playoff team and we'll likely still get the 3rd seed.

2.) When your name is in the hat, your name is in the hat. In other words, make the playoffs, and it's a whole new season.

We'll have every chance to turn this around.

But best wishes to Jameer. Tough, tough pill to swallow..