Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

Jameer Has Torn Labrum, Timetable Uncertain

with jameer likely out, imo i consider us from title contender to just a very tough playoff opponent. so we need someone to hold the fort while meer recuperates.

list of all point guards:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players?league=nba&position=pg

the pgs that are reportedly available that stands out are:

sessions, good scorer. with redd out, they might want a shooter and hard nosed defender^^

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...5~15~19~19&te=&cash=

and the portland pgs, bayless and

rodriguez, excellent all around young pg.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...2~22~19~19&te=&cash=

please otis make something happen=(

Precisely why you can't sit on your hands and say you like a team as constructed. With regards to professional sports, there is just too much potential for roster decimating injuries that can change your perception of like versus dislike at any moment.

We've seen it before and we'll see it many more times...Otis is a reactive personality with the only expception pertaining to his habit of overextending his favorite players with early and expensive contracts.

A player like Jameer, who has a history of missing 10-15 games per season, gets injured, and now all of a sudden a trade is necessary???

The fans, the media, and probably the coaches could all see we had a need for another PG. Otis flat out denies interest in roster components that will alleviate these impromptu concerns. And now look where we find ourselves. We're now hoping and wishing that Jameer can play through the pain. That he ca recover quickly. That he is somehow superhuman. All because our roster has been incomplete ever since the preseason and this problem was ignored until we found ourselves in a position of desperation that has now destroyed any leverage that we would have in negotiating a trade. A day late and a dollar short, as we have come to expect with our man Otis.

Here's to hope!

Hey guys...sorry for all the thread closing and the moving of comments. This is big news of course and it could quickly lead to a cluttered board. So we are trying to be proactive and streamline it a little bit.

I know some of you would prefer to be able to start a new thread to discuss a certain aspect of this topic, but unfortunately, for every legit new thread, there will be a pointless one.

So please bear with us for now....if this thread gets unweildly as the day goes on, we can adjust.

sportscenter said this morning that jameer was day to day for those of you that didnt read my other thread... apparently the board is getting clustered so i thought id put it in here too...

hopefully they are right

First of all why would Charlotte trade their starting point guard for 2 scrubs within the same division. I know MJ and LB are not the best at evaluating talent but that would be ridiculous.

Also if you are going to get a D-league guy get him now to see how he will pan out if Jameer is out for say 3-24 weeks.

The trade deadline is rapidly approaching so I am sure Otis will explore his options. I know with him now being a draft guru he wants to hold onto the pick but sometimes need wins out over want.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Precisely why you can't sit on your hands and say you like a team as constructed. With regards to professional sports, there is just too much potential for roster decimating injuries that can change your perception of like versus dislike at any moment.

We've seen it before and we'll see it many more times...Otis is a reactive personality with the only expception pertaining to his habit of overextending his favorite players with early and expensive contracts.

A player like Jameer, who has a history of missing 10-15 games per season, gets injured, and now all of a sudden a trade is necessary???

The fans, the media, and probably the coaches could all see we had a need for another PG. Otis flat out denies interest in roster components that will alleviate these impromptu concerns. And now look where we find ourselves. We're now hoping and wishing that Jameer can play through the pain. That he ca recover quickly. That he is somehow superhuman. All because our roster has been incomplete ever since the preseason and this problem was ignored until we found ourselves in a position of desperation that has now destroyed any leverage that we would have in negotiating a trade. A day late and a dollar short, as we have come to expect with our man Otis.

Here's to hope!

Man, what the heck is going on with all the thread closings...? For weeks the mods let anybody start a thread regardless if the subject is repetitive...now all of a sudden everything is being shut down...?

Anyhow, back on subject...agree Smack...good post...just the opinion I was wanting to hear...now I don't have to call you.

Here's to hope Part Two...

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Man, what the heck is going on with all the thread closings...? For weeks the mods let anybody start a thread regardless if the subject is repetitive...now all of a sudden everything is being shut down...?

Junkie...please read my post a few posts above yours.

I don't think Felton could be had by the Magic and a bad move.

Felton is easily a rental especially if we want to re-sign Hedo.

Two, I hope we can sign Livingston. I think it would really help our team to get a tall PG, not to mention when Meer comes back, AJ could easily take a back seat, coz I think Shaun could do a better job than AJ. Defensively, of course.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Here's to hope!

Anyhow, back on subject...agree Smack...good post...just the opinion I was wanting to hear...now I don't have to call you.

Here's to hope Part Two...

The numerous threads were redundant.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Hey guys...sorry for all the thread closing and the moving of comments. This is big news of course and it could quickly lead to a cluttered board. So we are trying to be proactive and streamline it a little bit.

I know some of you would prefer to be able to start a new thread to discuss a certain aspect of this topic, but unfortunately, for every legit new thread, there will be a pointless one.

So please bear with us for now....if this thread gets unweildly as the day goes on, we can adjust.

hah, and you guys didn't even invite me for the party. haha jk

I dislocated my left shoulder 4 times, it started from playing football. From the looks of Jameers postures as he ran off the court, his shoulder dislocated and did not relocate on it's own. The pain is unbelievable, it's hard to describe.

If there is no fracture or other damage(that's why you shouldn't try slam your shoulder up against a wall to try to pop it back in on your own) he's looking at about a week or two.

From my expirence, I'm not a doctor.....