Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

FANS Game Thread-Ground Hog Day 2009 7 PM EST

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHEART:

they said nelson will miss 4-8 weeks.. Stern picked hedo over mo williams for guard position..

Nelson hasn't even been tested yet so how long he is out is still up in the air.

Kyler is posting BS on his blog and nothing else.

who is kyler?

quote:
Originally posted by Bauncey Chillups:

This team needs to get serious about winning the title. The only person who gave a **** out there tonight was Howard. I'm especially disappointed in Lewis, that guy needs to get MAD and take over.

Magic are erring closer and closer to a mid-major team.

Even is Nelson is down, you've gotta play through it. No excuse for this loss.

Were four days removed from a beat down of the team with the best record in the league on national TV. This team is however moving closer and closer to mid-season, lack of effort form. I don't think it says much about our talent but making the Cavs beat us on the road in the second round will be a lot better than having to steal one in the Q from them and we may end up playing ourself into that position.

Call me crazy, or a negative nancy...BUT.

The Magic do not win without Nelson. I'm sorry, but it doesn't happen. Against the no-names like LAC and Indy, and MAYbe NJ, its shouldn't be an issue.

But when we go against Denver, there is no way on earth we win that ball game. Yeah, I'm doubting this team.

I think the Magic would be better off without DWIGHT for a period, rather than Jameer! STOP LAUGHING. I'M SERIOUS.

The thing is, the Magic can adjust their style of play w/o Dwight (like they did when he missed the 2 games earlier), they ran more, attacked more, and played brilliant offense.

The PG is the most crucial position in basketball. It requires the ultimate chemistry with your teammates.

Man, I hope Otis does the right thing.

I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS OUR ONE WAY TICKET OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS. DON'T GET ME WRONG.

We'll still make it. Once he comes back, we'll get back in our rhythm. But we need to be in rhythm all year to secure the highest possible seed. THAT is why I'm worried.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

The Magic do not win without Nelson. I'm sorry, but it doesn't happen. Against the no-names like LAC and Indy, and MAYbe NJ, its shouldn't be an issue.

But when we go against Denver, there is no way on earth we win that ball game. Yeah, I'm doubting this team.

I think the Magic would be better off without DWIGHT for a period, rather than Jameer! STOP LAUGHING. I'M SERIOUS.

The thing is, the Magic can adjust their style of play w/o Dwight (like they did when he missed the 2 games earlier), they ran more, attacked more, and played brilliant offense.

The PG is the most crucial position in basketball. It requires the ultimate chemistry with your teammates.

I'M NOT SAYING THIS IS OUR ONE WAY TICKET OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS. DON'T GET ME WRONG.

We'll still make it. Once he comes back, we'll get back in our rhythm. But we need to be in rhythm all year to secure the highest possible seed. THAT is why I'm worried.

We will go 2-1 going into the All-Star break with or without 'Meer I think. If his injury is as casual as he is making it out to be, he'll be back in a couple weeks. Hopefully we will only play 6 or 7 games without him afterwards. That is like three weeksish. Were 4-1 without him so I think we can beat the inferior opposition regardless.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

This team needs to get serious about winning the title. The only person who gave a **** out there tonight was Howard. I'm especially disappointed in Lewis, that guy needs to get MAD and take over.

Were four days removed from a beat down of the team with the best record in the league on national TV. This team is however moving closer and closer to mid-season, lack of effort form. I don't think it says much about our talent but making the Cavs beat us on the road in the second round will be a lot better than having to steal one in the Q from them and we may end up playing ourself into that position.

That win has an asterisk on it because they were without Z and West. However we can't afford losses against broken teams like Dallas, especially with the ridiculous tear Boston is on now.

quote:

quote:

quote:

That win has an asterisk on it because they were without Z and West. However we can't afford losses against broken teams like Dallas, especially with the ridiculous tear Boston is on now.

We aren't and never were going to get the first seed. A young and upcoming team does not have the focus that a really old and veteren ball club the Celtics have. You don't need to beat every inferior opponent to win the Title. Having home-court advantage against the Cavs would be nice though. And my point was that this loss doesn't say anything about our ball club except that flukes occur, like all of our perimeter being off at the same time

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We aren't and never were going to get the first seed. A young and upcoming team does not have the focus that a really old and veteren ball club the Celtics have. You don't need to beat every inferior opponent to win the Title. Having home-court advantage against the Cavs would be nice though. And my point was that this loss doesn't say anything about our ball club except that flukes occur, like all of our perimeter being off at the same time

I think the team could definitely get the first seed. The way we were playing on that last west road trip made me a firm believer. I'm not saying we have to have a perfect record for the remainder of the season but man, a loss against a has-been Dallas team? Come on.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

I agree with most of that, however with how shaky ATL, Detroit, and Miami have been the past month or so, if the rest of the Magic stay healthy, even if Jameer were to miss up to 2 months I think the Magic would STILL hold on to third place in the East. The Magic have that much of a lead along with there being that many question marks with those three teams behind Orlando. Obviously anything more than 3 weeks out for Jameer hurts as far as catching 1st or 2nd in the East.

This game reminded me a lot of the Toronto game we played at Toronto on Jan.4 . Dwight got a 39/8 with mediocre effort on defense, they were shooting the ball on fire (53.9%), Hedo+Rashard=29pts, 12TO total , and we lost the game.

(WOW! The numbers look a lot a like when I looked at the boxscore.)

We shot the ball very bad, and they shot it very good this game, so I am not putting it all on Dwight. But, when I see Jason Kidd score easy layups twice -uncontested- in front of Dwight, I get upset. He did not intimidate on defense one bit tonight.

If Jameer doesn't come back healthy, we can forget ECF this year (unless we trade for a fast PG with good defense). AJ is not going to cut it.

Just so you guys know, Dirkc nowitzki averages 26 points per game, which means he scores around this much EVERY game. So I don't think the defense on dirk was atrocious, he is a superstar and he gets what he gets. it was the Jet that pushed the game towards Dallas.