Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Yes! Lewis likely to compete in 3-point shootout(Denton)

quote:

"There's no flying under the radar for us anymore," said Lewis, the NBA's leader in 3-pointers with 132, who is likely to also compete in the 3-Point Shootout. "We know with the recognition that we're getting now we're going to get every team's best shot. But that's OK."

Has anybody heard who his competitors might be?

With Rashard's style of shooting the long ball how do you think it will work in this kind of setting?

Anyhow, I'm totally pumped for All-Star Saturday night...even more now...with Dwight in the Slam Dunk and now Lewis likely in the shootout it'll give us Magic fans some players to root for instead of just watching players of other teams compete.

I got my popcorn ready...

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090131/SPORTS16/901310329/1002/SPORTS

quote:

"There's no flying under the radar for us anymore," said Lewis, the NBA's leader in 3-pointers with 132, who is likely to also compete in the 3-Point Shootout. "We know with the recognition that we're getting now we're going to get every team's best shot. But that's OK."

Has anybody heard who his competitors might be?

With Rashard's style of shooting the long ball how do you think it will work in this kind of setting?

Anyhow, I'm totally pumped for All-Star Saturday night...even more now...with Dwight in the Slam Dunk and now Lewis likely in the shootout it'll give us Magic fans some players to root for instead of just watching players of other teams compete.

I got my popcorn ready...

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090131/SPORTS16/901310329/1002/SPORTS

That it kind of cool and it is going to make for a fun all star weekend! Got a little bit of Magic attention every night (Dwight coaching rookie/soph game, Dwight dunking, Meer in skills competition, Shard shooting 3s, Meer/Shard/Dwight playing in the game!).

I really dont know how good Rashard will be at the 3 pt shootout though. It is a quick pickup the ball and shoot competition. Rashard shoots from over his head and he takes a long time to 'wind up' his shot. I dont think he can effectively get through all of the racks and keep his normal rhythm. Hopefully I am wrong though and I will sure be watching!

Should be fun!

This is by far the best All-Star weekend in Magic history. I think Shard will do good in the competition. Im sure he has practiced shooting off the racks before he decided to enter the competition.

Wouldnt it be great if Dwight wins the dunk, shard wins the 3, and Meer wins the skill!!!

quote:
Originally posted by InsideoutO:

This is by far the best All-Star weekend in Magic history. I think Shard will do good in the competition. Im sure he has practiced shooting off the racks before he decided to enter the competition.

Wouldnt it be great if Dwight wins the dunk, shard wins the 3, and Meer wins the skill!!!

Why not?This is the place where amazing happens right?

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

Shard, Meer, Hedo and JJ in the 3P shootout!

AJ to the Dunk Contest next year!

AJ's at a disadvantage there. Like LeBron, he's a monster in-game dunker capable of bashing someone's skull on the impact, but he doesn't have a lot of creativity.