Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

When will Dwight get some respect from the zebras?

It is obvious to me that the refs are not drinking the D12 juice. They do not give him any breaks in fact the call the game to his disadvantage with tic tac fouls on him while on the other end unless he has a guy hanging on his neck he doesn't get the call. Meanwhile other guys in the league get everycall. KG and Pierce get the call if you as much as look at them wrong? Is it Dwights mild mannered attitude? Is it his big smile? He needs to get serious before he is taken serious!!!!

It is obvious to me that the refs are not drinking the D12 juice. They do not give him any breaks in fact the call the game to his disadvantage with tic tac fouls on him while on the other end unless he has a guy hanging on his neck he doesn't get the call. Meanwhile other guys in the league get everycall. KG and Pierce get the call if you as much as look at them wrong? Is it Dwights mild mannered attitude? Is it his big smile? He needs to get serious before he is taken serious!!!!

I dont think he will ever the respect as much as other superstar players. its gotten to the point where he can't even challenge shots anymore b/c even if he gets all ball (or part hand which he did last night and hand is considered part of the ball) he gets called for fouls depending on how the player falls or flops. I get mad at him giving up some points down low but then i remember that if he tried to challenge, refs would call a foul on him no matter if there was contact or not.

on his travelling call last night, he was pushed but of course they dont call that. on his tech, he was complaing about the previous call where the player reached in over his back which is an obvious call but nothing was called.

He's not going to get respect until he responds to calls like a man instead of a teenager who's just been punished by his dad. Look at the refs. Most of them either have teenagers or have had them. When Dwight makes that crybaby face and whines at virtually every call that goes against him, they see their own kid at his worst and don't give him the benefit of the doubt. If he acts like a man, he'll be treated like one.

Dwight was doing better this season until the last few games. He'd either suck it up and get back in the game, make a quick complaint to the ref and get back in the game, or even go over to the ref when the game was paused an calmly state his case. And I think he was getting better calls when he did that. But in the last two games, his behavior has been disgusting. He was often still whining about the last play when he messed up the next. And he definitely earned some Ts he didn't get in the Boston game. If you watched that on TV, you didn't see the way he behaved when he went to the bench.

Do the refs make wrong calls/no calls on Dwight? Of course they do. Does Dwight get away with some abuse to his opponents? Of course he does. Do they favor the little guy over the big one? Yes. That's the way the job works.

quote:
Originally posted by Shakaho:

He's not going to get respect until he responds to calls like a man instead of a teenager who's just been punished by his dad. Look at the refs. Most of them either have teenagers or have had them. When Dwight makes that crybaby face and whines at virtually every call that goes against him, they see their own kid at his worst and don't give him the benefit of the doubt. If he acts like a man, he'll be treated like one.

Dwight was doing better this season until the last few games. He'd either suck it up and get back in the game, make a quick complaint to the ref and get back in the game, or even go over to the ref when the game was paused an calmly state his case. And I think he was getting better calls when he did that. But in the last two games, his behavior has been disgusting. He was often still whining about the last play when he messed up the next. And he definitely earned some Ts he didn't get in the Boston game. If you watched that on TV, you didn't see the way he behaved when he went to the bench.

Do the refs make wrong calls/no calls on Dwight? Of course they do. Does Dwight get away with some abuse to his opponents? Of course he does. Do they favor the little guy over the big one? Yes. That's the way the job works.

Do you watch basketball? The only way to get the refs to respond is to take yourself out of a play, fall down, and make it known that if you don't call the foul then the other team will get an easy bucket. They are reluctant to call fouls on Dwight because he doesn't complain enough and hit the deck. Kind of like that whole deal where they wait to make sure the shot doesn't go in before they call the foul because they didn't necessarily see the contact but didn't not see any either. Basically if the refs have a chance to not call the foul, they won't.

He needs to complain more and he needs a veteren to complain more. As a team, we need to be more Spurs and Pistons; fall down whenever we see contact and get T'd up all the time in the regular season

Notice how it seems like every good team is full of floppers? I don't think that's a coincidence

quote:
Originally posted by Shakaho:

uhh...no. Have you seen kobe make the pouty face? Wade has mastered it. AI has a pretty good little pouty face going too. Lebron's is coming along nicely as well.

All these guys get calls, so i guess your theory fails.

Now...let's see. What do all these guys have in common and dwight is missing? Hmmm, EUREKA! I've got it. They're perimeter players and the nba has become a perimeter oriented game where you're not allowed to put your hand on a guy who's facing the basket, but you're allowed to beat on a guy who plays in the paint. It's an effort to make the game more "exciting" and dwight gets the short end of the stick.

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

ummmmm Dwight led the league in Free Throw attempts last year....

and is also leading the league in Free Throw attempts this year LOL

What's you're point? Anybody who watches basketball can tell that A) Dwight is fouled nearly everytime he touches the ball and B) Other superstars are rarely fouled yet they shoot comparable amounts of free throws.

If Dwight were to adopt a Manuesque fall everytime he felt he was fouled, he'd be an MVP front runner.

I think the league's officiating should be consistent for every team and for every player.

quote:
Do you watch basketball? The only way to get the refs to respond is to take yourself out of a play, fall down, and make it known that if you don't call the foul then the other team will get an easy bucket. They are reluctant to call fouls on Dwight because he doesn't complain enough and hit the deck.

Correct.

And I don't think we'll ever have a player that gets ref respect in Orlando. Ive always thought there's a market-size/media scrutiny aspect of it.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
Do you watch basketball? The only way to get the refs to respond is to take yourself out of a play, fall down, and make it known that if you don't call the foul then the other team will get an easy bucket. They are reluctant to call fouls on Dwight because he doesn't complain enough and hit the deck.

Correct.

And I don't think we'll ever have a player that gets ref respect in Orlando. Ive always thought there's a market-size/media scrutiny aspect of it.

Which won't go away until David "I hate small markets" Stern retires.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

I think the league's officiating should be consistent for every team and for every player.

Yes it was quite nice to see the Olympics this year it seems as though the refs did call the games pretty evenly. That is why Bron will not go to Europe, He would not get all the calls over there.