Sign in to follow this  
richnba

Will Brian make adjustments?

The hottest wife's now that is funny! Emory I agree with your observation. BHill was pretty obvious on JJ's playing time at the end of the season. The man just can't change. It's like an addiction with him...he just has to play the same people every game regardless how bad they are performing.

And people wonder why the fans get frustrated!

That was good reading from Military, Smack and Nole. All valid points raised with in depth analysis.

I hadn't commented yet, purely at the discuss of punchline cheap shots at Coach Hill. It only has to be said so often. Its evident with the views of everyone on this board that we all share the common thought.

One comment I would like to make and am disgusted is a result from one post in particular. I don't need to point it out but its one thing to open up on his performance as a coach but if you dive into his character as a person, you really are a tool (If I were allowed I would've have expressed it a little better!

On the issue. The simplicity of the whole situation is that we have to play to our strengths and as it has been through out the season we have failed to do so.

Lol, I know the horse (BHill) isn't dead yet but I don't think we can kill the horse from our arm-chair quarterbacking position. It's like, OKAY - YOU MADE THE POINT - BHILL SUCKS - CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON!!!

I'm interested in the Ariza debate, though, Emory. If we played Ariza over Hedo, where does Hedo's wing scoring come from? Ariza has really cooled off the past few weeks and isn't a sure-bet on those jumpers right now. Teams have also been sure to rotate to him faster to prevent him from taking his defender down the left side of the lane like he loves to do.

Now, we can prevent a few points from Prince by putting Ariza on him (Hedo didn't play Prince all that badly anyway), and Ariza is liable for at least 2 good hustle / athleticism plays, but Ariza doesn't spread the floor for other players and this would allow teams to collapse even further on Dwight. How can we play Ariza without taking a big hit on offense?

On the Darko side of things, I like the Webber argument. Darko should be able to abuse Webber. I still don't like starting Darko, I like the look Battie gives us while letting Darko start off by abusing lesser bench players, but I'm beginning to agree that Darko should be given the OPPORTUNITY to log over 35 minutes. His foot obviously isn't slowing him down that much to keep him from playing that long. If BHill has any real sense, he should give Battie a quick hook after about 6 or 7 minutes unless Battie looks to be on a double-double night where he's hitting jumpers.

Just to comment on the Darko issue. In this case where we are playing the Pistons, there is not one player other than Arroyo who would hold close to the determination of Darko. I may be wrong but it is what you would believe. In a playoff series the passion, heart and desire goes a long way, you have to play the most determined. For me thats the leading edge in this argument. You make more than valid points but this characteristic under this circumstance bodes very strong.

Along with that he possesses such skills that really could rattle the cage and when you combine that with the added determination, you have to take that shot.

quote:
Originally posted by longdfan:

Athena are u the same person who spends most of his time posting on subjects like, "Who has the hottest wife in the NBA". Now that takes alot of Baskeball Knowledge to do that. And your cricizing someone elses opinion? Now I have heard it all!

Sigh...

a) She was criticizing someone's insults, not their opinion.

B) She makes excellent observations and doesn't usually throw her opinions around.

c) Cheap shots suck. You suck.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

quote:

Athena are u the same person who spends most of his time posting on subjects like, "Who has the hottest wife in the NBA". Now that takes alot of Baskeball Knowledge to do that. And your cricizing someone elses opinion? Now I have heard it all!

Sigh...

a) She was criticizing someone's insults, not their opinion.

B) She makes excellent observations and doesn't usually throw her opinions around.

c) Cheap shots suck. You suck.

^^^^^longdfan - what a foolish comment!

It's more than a little frustrating to read a thread and realize that you have absolutely nothing to add to it. Smack, Nole, and Emory did a good job of saying what I think needs to be said. I'll just add this small point.

Battie played 24 minutes in game 1.

Darko played 27, and was in the game at the end of both halves.

From both a statistical and non-statistical perspective, Darko outplayed not only Tony, but also every Pistons' big man that matched up against him. His passes were crisp, he scored seemingly at will, and he shut Wallace down completely.

If you're going to play him at the end as a closer, why not play him at the beginning?

The Magic fall behind immediately with Battie and Nelson in the lineup and the rest of the game we try to play catch up. Coach Hill, for game #2 is talking about Hill and Nelson interchangeably guarding Billups. Coach Hill please realize the importance of not falling behind against a team we have not beaten this year. We need to start with the best matchups and pound it down the Pistons throats and try to get Wallace in foul trouble. Maybe even get him ejected because of his propensity to argue calls. If Milicic fouls out doing this, he will be better for the experience and he will learn the importance of his playing maximum minutes. Milicic needs to feel important and this would be a good way of conveying the message.

quote:

OK two points:

Athena is a girl and girls that rank other girls based on hotness is just awesome. Quit being a prude.

There are alot of various topics on this board and conversations are allowed on topics other than basketball knowledge. If you only want to stick to those topics that is fine. Just don't criticize people who wish to talk about other things as well. For the record Athena has posted her thoughts dozens of times on basketball matters.

If you can't appreciate hot European chicks then I have to question alot more than just your basketball IQ.

One thing that I noticed that I didn't see posted here is Brian Hills lack leadership as a coach. How many coaches did you see sitting down for almost a whole quarter during the first playoff games? Only one, and that was Brian Hill. He refused to stand up and complain or argue about calls at all. Now if I was a player, and I see my coach just sitting there, I get a little discouraged. If I was to see my coach stand up and seem active in the game, there would appear that we still have a chance and there is something to fight for. It just seemed like Brian Hill gave up until he realized that we were making a comeback.

Another thing I noticed is that our second team consistently comes back/ builds the lead. Normally the Starters are supposed to do that and the secondary just maintains it. There needs to be some adjustment in the lineups to accomodate for that. Having Jameer on Chauncey is a no win situation. Chauncey has the major height advantage and can shoot freely over him. How many times did Battie leave Wallice wide open for 3? Too many times. Darko should start in there and Battie comes in as a solid backup. And what in the world happened to Ariza? Makes a nice fast break layup at the end of the second quarter and comes in with what, 20 seconds left in the 4th? Ariza is an excellent defensive player and brings energy and offensive rebounds. Ariza should be put on Chauncey, because of his speed and length.

That's just my opinion.

Go Magic

Thats funny emory! And NBR your a sick idividual? Are u the Aussie? And one final thing, your a jerk. I have read ur post all year and they always lack any substance to your arguements. And don't ever talk to a person on this forum like that again u piece of crap.

Take ur crony Military Magic with u. I believe ur the same person anyway.

quote:

Thats funny emory! And NBR your a sick idividual? Are u the Aussie? And one final thing, your a jerk. I have read ur post all year and they always lack any substance to your arguements. And don't ever talk to a person on this forum like that again u piece of crap.

Take ur crony Military Magic with u. I believe ur the same person anyway.

Insulted a board member with more than 4000 posts....wow, I bet this is going to end well for you!