Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Howard wants Bosh to join the Magic (Bill Ingram, Hoopsworld)

Nelson/MP/Lewis/Bosh/Dwight would be absolutely ridiculous, especially if MP would be able to start creating his own offense without getting hurt...I thought about this some during the Olympics, it would be just insane to have him here with Dwight, but...like DOM said, he would have to be willing to take the MLE for winning purposes, unless we wanted to dump a good 1/3 of our starting lineup and then some bench depth...

Aside from yesterday when the Raptors played out of their minds I do not envision a scenario where they get that much better. Like someone on here said none of the US players seem to want to go there so you are looking at trades and overpaying for marginal players. I have always thought that Wade, Lebron, Anthony, and Bosh would stay but I am starting to think Bosh is gone.

Now again like everyone else said this is only possible if Bosh tells Colangelo the only team I want to play for is Orlando so work it out or he takes considerably less money which will happen a quarter to never.

Re: Dirk

I think he would be fantastic as well and he has the 3 point range that SVG covets and he would no longer have to carry his team. I really do not get Dirk's reputation as a choker. I think people forget that he basically carried the 2006 Mavs to the Finals and if not for Dwayne Wade getting the most generous officiating in the history of the NBA the Mavs would have won that series. He also led the team to a historic regular season the next season but the Warriors caught fire and his reputation is well history.

i would place the odds of this at about 10000:1

the only possible scenario i can envision would be us trading for bosh before his current contract is up, and even then it's no given that he'll resign. I think calling this a pipe dream is giving it too much of a chance.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

the only possible scenario i can envision would be us trading for bosh before his current contract is up, and even then it's no given that he'll resign. I think calling this a pipe dream is giving it too much of a chance.

It really is. Bosh and Dwight could be blood brothers and Bosh isn't giving up 40 million dollars to play with him. That is insane.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

It really is. Bosh and Dwight could be blood brothers and Bosh isn't giving up 40 million dollars to play with him. That is insane.

Are we taking bets on this...I will put $10 down to win $100,000.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

A front line of Dwight, Bosh and Shard with Jameer and Lee in the backcourt would be nearly unstopable. Our bench would be virtually non existant though and no money left to pay anyone. We would have to fill it with Vet mins and hope for an injury free season.

I think this scenario is far-fetched, but since we are discussing it, I'd like to follow-up something that Bhnole says here...

While its true that our cap space would be tied up in 5 players, the fact that we would be the new "team to beat" would mean that we would have our pick from the crop of vets available at that time. Solid players, including former starters and stars, would gravitate to Orlando for the vet-minimum to have a shot at a ring.

This same thing has played out in San Antonio and Boston the last few years.

Look at it this way...

Would the Magic be willing to remain significantly over the cap for several years, if it meant being a serious contendor for every single one of those years, possible dynasty talk.

Would Toronto, faced with the knowledge that Bosh will walk in 2010 and they get nothing in return, be willing to trade him for a solid player, a "prospect", and filler?

Would Otis be willing to tamper with chemistry, knowing that Dwight and Bosh are such good friends?

If you answered yes to all three of these, a trade for Bosh could be possible. In return, Toronto could get a package of Hedo, JJ, and Cook/Battie.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

In all seriousness, it would take some firsts in there as well.

True, and I think we would be willing, but financially, as far as players are concerned, that seems about right.

Then you are pretty much depending on vet minimums to pull in help at the PG position, and front court bench help, and retaining some current bench pieces for peanuts. Long term though, you have a pretty scary core.

Neslon

MP/Lee

Lewis

Bosh

Dwight

Sure, that's only 6 players, but if you retain Gortat and Bogans, that's 8 of Stans 9 man rotation before you even look to see what Vets you can convince to come to Orlando.

I think we could give up two firsts in that scenario.