Sign in to follow this  
CARGUY

jj at the end of the game

Raptors played a quick game, not a halfcourt game most of the time. They also doubled-tripled Hedo on many possessions, he is not used to and doesn't do very well with double-triple teams. That's one thing the coaching staff has to work with him on. He needs to get his stuff together on the shooting also.

JJ is not an exceptional shooter in my view, not in the games that I have seen him at least. He will remain a backup if he doesn't develop any other part of his game.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

JJ actually had a decent game. He's not to be blamed for anything other than getting beat on one or two plays. That happens to even the best occassionaly.

For those of you that watched the game, you should have noticed that we were outscored by the Raptors every time Hedo was on the floor. Whenever he checked out, our offense flowed better (because the ball movement didnt stop whenever the ball reached Turk's hands) and our defense was markedly better.

This year Turkoglu has had 1-2 great games, 3-4 good games, a half dozen average games, and the remainder of the games he's played have been poor.

quote:

JJ actually had a decent game. He's not to be blamed for anything other than getting beat on one or two plays. That happens to even the best occassionaly.

For those of you that watched the game, you should have noticed that we were outscored by the Raptors every time Hedo was on the floor. Whenever he checked out, our offense flowed better (because the ball movement didnt stop whenever the ball reached Turk's hands) and our defense was markedly better.

This year Turkoglu has had 1-2 great games, 3-4 good games, a half dozen average games, and the remainder of the games he's played have been poor.

He has 2 back to back ugly FG% and he takes more shots than some players who are currently shotting it better than him. I saw him throw some bricks today, but I'm used to it already. He does create his own shot and is a good play maker, but when he has a bad game...forget about it!

quote:

I am so surprised that Hedo had such a great year last year and then this year should have been better considering his contract instead it has been a year to forget so far.

I wonder if he is distracted because he is going to be a father soon. I mean what is causing him to have play without really being in so many games like the one against the Heat and now the Raptors just to name a few.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

I don't think JJ had anything to do w/ the loss, except maybe missing that wide open 3 point shot..

But still, it was our forwards that executed poorly down the stretch.

did you watch the game?

quote:
Originally posted by Brian_Cook_Phan:

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

I don't think JJ had anything to do w/ the loss, except maybe missing that wide open 3 point shot..

But still, it was our forwards that executed poorly down the stretch.

did you watch the game?

If you think JJ is to blame you obviously didn't

Of course Dwight missing 7 free throws doesn't come up...

Bogans scoring 3 points in 20+ minutes doesn't come up...

Hedo shooting 4 - 12 from the field for 9 points and 5 TO doesn't come up...

Your obviously just a JJ hater and no single person is to blame for this loss if you think it is thats ridiculous

quote:

Finally some smart analysis.

The whole team played terrible, but Redick played decently, at least he hit some shots this game.

I've liked Bogans play in the past, but he's been getting lit up pretty bad lately and he's not making shots on top of it.

If JJ can give a spark off the bench, then we can start CLee and that would be a great thing.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

quote:

+1

Hedo is the Alvin Harper of the NBA. He does not have the skills to be the focal point of the offense. That doesn't mean he isn't valuable. It simply means he shouldn't be the conduit of the offense.

JJ was a small problem in this game...he probably should have been brought back for Clee. Hedo, too me was the biggest problem of this game offensively. Just looked very out of it, and continued to chuck shots despite being off. Made some terrible passes too.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

quote:

jj didn't lose the game for us, anthony parker having the game of his life did, he played well against all of our sg's, and the entier raptors team shooting very well didn't help, the fouls' bosh drew from dwight were pretty suspect very early, but whatever, bosh will somehow fall over alot, and his shoulders seem to get bigger when he's setting a screen, i'm so sure he isn't moving.

this game really proves to me that we really need peitrus out there, he's a very dirty work kind of player and doesn't mind running over a screen from a guy like bosh a couple of times to prove a point. and that c. lee might have to be the guy off the bench after peitrus, bogans seems to be falling into the same slump he fell into last year that gave way to mo evans.

and jj, well he needed to hit those jumpshots late in the game and keep his body in front of kapono and parker, that would have kept us in it, lateral movement isn't something made up to keep players out of rotations, parker would have probably still gotten a few cuts in there with peitrus, but a couple of times we just needed to break whatever was working well for them and we didn't.

For the love of god cunningstunt, break up what your write into sections! I hate reading your posts sometimes. It's just a giant blob man. Make it easier on the eyes..!

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

For the love of god cunningstunt, break up what your write into sections! I hate reading your posts sometimes. It's just a giant blob man. Make it easier on the eyes..!

alright, i know i don't like using the shift or capslock key, but i'll comply with this, i'm looking back at my posts and i see the need for the space.