Sign in to follow this  
CARGUY

jj at the end of the game

Hows about this for a concept. The Raptors played very well and we didnt play well enough to win.

JJ didnt play all that badly, I actually thought he held his own for the most part. He got burned once or twice but who didnt??

And PEC, I know you're very enthusiastic about defending Redick, but you cant compare JJ to Rashard quite yet. Lewis is a proven 11 yr veteran that has pulled our butts out of many fires with his precision shooting.

Its amazing that this board gets soooooo disjointed after a loss. Teams lose, and surprise, sometimes to inferior talent. For the most part, any team can beat any team if that said team gets hot and plays well.

Cleveland lost to a very lowly Wizards team. Does it mean that the Cavs should pack it in???

We lost, its over, its done.

Tuesday is another day and another chance to win a game.

quote:
i would love having you for a boss because if you hold everyone to the same standard you hold JJ, I could come to work drunk as hell in a space suit with my junk hanging out and you would blame it on everyone else.

The parliament house has a job for you. LOL.

Back to the subject, JJ is not the reason for this loss. The team was flat at the start. Hedo and Bogans are the main reason this team is not going to win a championship.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

Actually I would fire you or anyone else right away even Redick. I hope that answers this question.

And the rest is of the post is just as .........

just as....?

proves you're a hypocrite because you have a different standard for JJ than you do everyone else? What if Bogan's man scored clutch basket after clutch basket in the 4th quarter and then he missed a wide open would-be game tying 3? I can promise you wouldn't be defending him as varaciously as you are JJ.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:

Actually I would fire you or anyone else right away even Redick. I hope that answers this question.

And the rest is of the post is just as .........

just as....?

proves you're a hypocrite because you have a different standard for JJ than you do everyone else? What if Bogan's man scored clutch basket after clutch basket in the 4th quarter and then he missed a wide open would-be game tying 3? I can promise you wouldn't be defending him as varaciously as you are JJ.

If he was playing as well as you just stated yes, but since Bogans was't I don't have to worry about it do I.

quote:

If he was playing as well as you just stated yes, but since Bogans was't I don't have to worry about it do I.

the nonsensical babblings of a crazy person...

Let me ask this would this thread even be here if it was Lewis or Nelson missed the three at the end. Nobody is perfect from beyond the arc and are bound to miss as some point. It was a close game and the Magic did not play well I do not think we can pin this one on any single player.

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Exactly how can a player have a break out game when even if he starts he only gets 5 or 6 shots the entire game. You guys are unbelievable. No MaM, Stan is not perfect< believe that!!!!!!

no one is perfect, put he's a hell of a lot closer to perfect than JJ. Just from the raps game, i have seen the following excuses for him:

-he was tired, svg doesn't use him right (he played 18 minutes, if he can't handle that he should take up bowling)

-parker only scored so much because other players wern't picking him up (lmao, the other players were a little busy guarding their own men, when jj is on the defensive end...it's pretty much 4 on 5.)

this is before i even read the game thread lol

I think your forgetting that Bogans and Lee were guarding Parker as well, and correct me if im wrong but im also pretty sure that all 26 of Parkers points didn't come while JJ was guarding him.

Also if Chris Bosh comes and sets a screen on JJ there is nothing that JJ can do but do his best to get around it and most of the time coming off screens the person is gonna have a decent look at the basket no matter who is guarding them. If you watched the game I heard a few times the announcers say well no one is helping JJ with Parker coming off these screens. (that coming from Goukas a former NBA coach but i know you know just as much as him when it comes to these things...)

-parker only scored so much because other players wern't picking him up (lmao, the other players were a little busy guarding their own men, when jj is on the defensive end...it's pretty much 4 on 5.)

And regarding this comment....do you know how to play defense in basketball if there is a screen set? If everyone were to take your view on it and guard their own man if a screen is set that person would be WIDE OPEN. Thats why on a screen set you see most of the time the other man jump out on that guy if not to switch to keep him from being wide open for a few seconds until the other guy can get back to the man coming off the screen. Not saying JJ played great defense but you can't blame the guy for having to get around Chris Bosh and Parker having decent looks at the basket and knocking down the shots.

No excuses for JJ he has not played well this year but did have one of his better games this year. Stan does not use him wrong he hardly uses him. He didn't knock down the 3 point shot at the end of the game which would have been HUGE but guess what 3 point shots are hard to make, imagine that..

Anyways there is NO WAY you could possibly blame this loss on JJ Redick, thats absurd. Should Lee have been in the game over him? PROBABLY but you can't blame Redick for that either...

I am sick of Bogans. The dude cannot defend. Kobe, Wade and now Parker have gone nuts against him. If I was Otis I would trade the guy, play Lee and have JJ come off the bench.

I am not a JJ fan, but we can't blame it on him. He score some points and brought some energy something Bogans can't do!

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

I am sick of Bogans. The dude cannot defend. Kobe, Wade and now Parker have gone nuts against him. If I was Otis I would trade the guy, play Lee and have JJ come off the bench.

I am not a JJ fan, but we can't blame it on him. He score some points and brought some energy something Bogans can't do!

AMEN

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

JJ plays=People Mad.

JJ doesn't play=People Mad.

Could you imagine if JJ had Terrell Owen's attitude?

JJ actually had a decent game. He's not to be blamed for anything other than getting beat on one or two plays. That happens to even the best occassionaly.

For those of you that watched the game, you should have noticed that we were outscored by the Raptors every time Hedo was on the floor. Whenever he checked out, our offense flowed better (because the ball movement didnt stop whenever the ball reached Turk's hands) and our defense was markedly better.

This year Turkoglu has had 1-2 great games, 3-4 good games, a half dozen average games, and the remainder of the games he's played have been poor.