Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Otis make a roster move? Kyler gives his 2 cents - Chat(12:00)

soul bro i'm agree with you. turiaf is a good player (he's in the top 10 in block)young and french ! and williams is free agent in 2009..

Battie is a good player but he cost so feel and he's too old..

GO MAGIC AND ALLEZ LA FRANCE !

I don't know..Turiaf was in usa school and Pietrus comes from Pau Orthez in France..

but I think they played together in French team.

but I think that another french player has a much better potential than Turiaf, it is Joakim Noah: he's young, voluntary and has, according to me, a very big potential !! that what is of what you think of it ???

I would not trade Cook for a PG, unless its for a superstar. We complain about not having size yet trading a big for a PG is a no-brainer?

JJ should be traded for a PG, and Cook should be traded for a rebounding PF with a decent jumper. Otis has 6 mill to trade for a PF, meaning cook and the trade exception.Cook for another PF is a no-brainer, especially for teams looking to shed cap space to go after Lebron in 2010.

Cook has never given a team anymore than 3 boards per. Or half a block per. He's soft. He's out of shape. And he makes 3.5 million next year.

The fact that somebody else out there would think he addresses their needs makes it a no brainer to me.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

I would not trade Cook for a PG, unless its for a superstar. We complain about not having size yet trading a big for a PG is a no-brainer?

I really hope to God that you are joking. Cook is a big in title only. Jameer gets more rebounds a game than he does.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Battie and a 1st

for

Turiaf and Williams

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...ms=19~19~9&te=&cash=

Boy, would that make for a nice lil' title contender. Now all I need is for Jareth to say, "Book it."

Anybody but Williams. The Nets were thrilled to get rid of him and the Warriors almost dumped him the only reason they held on was because they are short of pgs. So many red flags when it comes to Williams.

The good news for the Magic is that the Warriors are short on pgs and won't trade him unless they get another pg. Remember if the Warriors had not been in pg trouble they would have gotten rid of Williams even if it meant buying out his contract.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

JJ should be traded for a PG, and Cook should be traded for a rebounding PF with a decent jumper. Otis has 6 mill to trade for a PF, meaning cook and the trade exception.Cook for another PF is a no-brainer, especially for teams looking to shed cap space to go after Lebron in 2010.

The Magic are almost over the lux tax so no way are the owners going over that in any trade even if it means staying right where they are with the roster.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Chucky Atkins is still on the table, word is the Magic may not be as interested in Chucky as he is in Orlando - they could have gotten him for Brian Cook, which to me seemed like a no brainer, but they didn't make the deal....

I don't believe this to be accurate, but if it is, Otis needs to have his head drilled so the air can escape, and then somebody should crush in like an empty can!!!

Kitno, I have been wondering the same thing...now, I'm not near as good as others on this board at playing GM but I decided to play around a little with it since I had some time yesterday...I plugged Atkins and Cook into the ESPN trade machine...here's what it told me...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...teams=7~19&te=&cash=

As you can see, both players make about the same amount of money...the only difference being that Atkins is owed for two more years while Cook only has one more year with a player option that most people assume he'll pick up.

So I asked Kyler about it...my thinking being the reason Otis didn't do it is because Chucky is owed more money long term than Cook.

His response...?

quote:

Who knows what Otis is really thinking, the bigger issue may be Chucky

coming off knee surgery... they can not cut Mike Wilks while he's injured,

unless they do an injury settlement... so do you really want to carry two

guys with knee issues?

I was told by Nuggets sources they would have made the deal.

Steve

To add, I can't remember where or when but I remember distinctly reading media reports with George Karl being highly complimentary of Brian Cook.

That's all that I can tell you...

This from Kyler's Morning Report...

quote:

Chucky Atkins (Nuggets): Chucky wants to play, pure and simple. Whether it's in Denver or somewhere else, Chucky wants to play. The Nuggets have entertained talks on Atkins and Nuggets sources say if Orlando wanted to part with Brian Cook and a second round draft pick, they could have had Chucky.

There is a strong belief that Atkins will be traded before the deadline, and there is also a belief that Atkins could get packaged with a Denver first round pick if it were to return the right future asset (young emerging player). The Nuggets are obviously in no hurry to make a deal, although Atkins continues to be a popular source for trade oriented sound bites.

Atkins and injured center Steven Hunter are the two assets the Nuggets would like to move, so don't expect the Nuggets to be sitting on their hands come deadline time, they have an extra first round pick that they have made clear they would deal in the right situation.

Also, this quote...

quote:

Brian Cook and JJ Redick are the odd guys out in Orlando, and while they may return a small piece, Orlando continues to seem reluctant to make a deal