quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHEART:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

a summer sign and trade will not net us any significant asset, they never do. Can anyone think of a sign and trade where the team trading the player got anything in return.

When the sonics did a s&t with us for shard, we sent them a 2nd rd pick.

A team like the Jazz would be interested in a sign and trade for Hedo, especially if they resign Boozer. By resigning Boozer the Jazz would then be open to moving Millsap in a sign and trade, and Hedo is the type of player that they would want in return.

first they have krilenko there and it will be 2 SF... HEDO wont fit there...

second boozer will go surgery next week and who knows when he will be return. he missed 70 games first 2 years of his contract.. i dont think they will keep him.. seems like they will keep milsap and develop him for future..

LAKERS needs a SF badly, but i dont know how they can get rid off luke walton and radmanovic..

we have our team chemistry and we should keep him. and get some mature PF and strong pg for play off help...

hedo will ask. 11-12 mil, im guessing 4 years 45 mil.... his versality deserves that. he has PG eyes in SF BODY... his shooting bad this season but its temporary and he will find way to fix that.. last 5 games he was 50% FG and 51% 3 point shooting.

If Hedo doesn't fit there, then why were the Jazz trying to trade for Turk last year?

Did the Jazz really tried last year? Didn't hear anything about it. What did they offer in return?

Going to Utah would be a huge mistake for Turk. Sloan's type of game doesn't fit him. Hedo is a guy that needs some freedom. Sloan won't allow that, especially not in a team where Williams is the leader.

8-9M should be affordable for Magic.(and Hedo should take it)

But in a league where Troy Murphy and Andrei Kirilenko make 10M+ a year I can imagine Hedo wanting more.

They were offering AK-47, but I think Otis decline because of Kirilenko contract.

If the salaries matched it could be an option. Considering Jameers game this season, I think Hedo is expendable for a good PF.

But a better back up at the PG then Johnson should be signed or traded for.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

http://magic.realgm.com/articles/67/20081229/could_turk...axed_out_of_orlando/

This is a very interesting article. I think we should go the sign-and-trade route this summer, with Turk.

The writer of this article is the realgm is their admin guy so we are not talking about a sports reporter so it's another take it or leave it.

It's more of a imo kind of post.

This guy is a bigger wanna be than Kyler at Hoopsworld

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by no_ma'am:

a summer sign and trade will not net us any significant asset, they never do. Can anyone think of a sign and trade where the team trading the player got anything in return.

When the sonics did a s&t with us for shard, we sent them a 2nd rd pick.

A team like the Jazz would be interested in a sign and trade for Hedo, especially if they resign Boozer. By resigning Boozer the Jazz would then be open to moving Millsap in a sign and trade, and Hedo is the type of player that they would want in return.

if i were the jazz, i would be more interested in keeping milsap than boozer. He would be a lot cheaper. Boozer is a nice player, but he also doesn't box out very well and leaves a lot to be desired on D. If we traded with them for boozer, i doubt the magic would spend the extra 4-5 mil it would take to keep him (when compared to hedo). The jazz will hang on to milsap because he is going to be a solid player for years to come on both ends of the floor.

Boozer is broken, probably won't play the rest of the season, or even worse. They don't even know what's wrong with him yet.

I love Kirilenko, but he would be a terrible fit for the Magic. He can guard anyone, but he can't hit 3's and he doesn't rebound as good as he should. Plus he makes a lot of money, but I think it comes off the books this year. Still I'd rather resign Turk.

quote:
Originally posted by lemanyak:

Of anyone except Boozer,Williams,Okur and Millsap.He could be the perfect SF for Utah.Kirilenko could be traded for him,if Magic will accept it

Kirilenko has one of the ugliest contracts in the NBA, i don

Here is an interesting article, mentions Hedo toward the end also.

A ROAD MAP TO WHAT AWAITS FOR CLASS OF 2010

TEAMS WILL BE WISE TO READ UP ON THE MAGIC'S

PAST MISFORTUNES

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27932845/

When I look at salaries, Hedo is receiving way less than many other players in the league who doesn't do half of what he does. Do not compare to our team salaries, but compare with other teams please.