Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

NBA CHAT WITH BILL INGRAM - HoopsWorld

quote:
Jim in Ocity:

Do you the the Magic can get the 2 seed over the Cavs before the playoffs start.I also think the Magic are playing better basketball than the Cavs right now considering the top tier teams they beat.

Bill Ingram:

You actually make an interesting point. Other than Houston, the Cavs haven't beaten anyone of consequence in their 18 wins over the last 19 games. Their one loss to Atlanta, the only playoff team other than Houston in that whole stretch of games. Says something about the quality of a large percentage of the NBA this season. And yes, meanwhile the Magic have been burning through playoff teams and looking good doing it. As much as I think the Cavs are a championship-caliber team, the Magic are making a pretty good case for themselves.

quote:
Jim in Ocity:

Who do you think will end up coaching the Allstar game for the East, Mike Brown or Van Gundy.

Bill Ingram:

Flip a coin at this point, but as hot as the Cavs are I'll take Brown. Would love to see the Magic catch them, though!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=97

quote:
Jim in Ocity:

Do you the the Magic can get the 2 seed over the Cavs before the playoffs start.I also think the Magic are playing better basketball than the Cavs right now considering the top tier teams they beat.

Bill Ingram:

You actually make an interesting point. Other than Houston, the Cavs haven't beaten anyone of consequence in their 18 wins over the last 19 games. Their one loss to Atlanta, the only playoff team other than Houston in that whole stretch of games. Says something about the quality of a large percentage of the NBA this season. And yes, meanwhile the Magic have been burning through playoff teams and looking good doing it. As much as I think the Cavs are a championship-caliber team, the Magic are making a pretty good case for themselves.

quote:
Jim in Ocity:

Who do you think will end up coaching the Allstar game for the East, Mike Brown or Van Gundy.

Bill Ingram:

Flip a coin at this point, but as hot as the Cavs are I'll take Brown. Would love to see the Magic catch them, though!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=97

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

You forgot to put Smack's questions in your opening post...he had some really good ones...

You forgot to put Smack's questions in your opening reply... he had some really good ones...

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

You forgot to put Smack's questions in your opening post...he had some really good ones...

You forgot to put Smack's questions in your opening reply... he had some really good ones...

You forgot to put Smack's questions in your opening dig...he had some really good ones...

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

quote:

You forgot to put Smack's questions in your opening dig...he had some really good ones...

You forgot to put Smack's questions in your opening reply to the opening dig that was towards junkies opening reply...he had some really good ones...

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:

quote:

You forgot to put Smack's questions in your opening reply to the opening dig that was towards junkies opening reply...he had some really good ones...

lol

Nothing like a little Cleveland Smack talk(no pun intended)...

quote:

Brian in Cleveland:

The Mighty Magic lost to Memphis this year, and have a worse record than the Cavs, can you stop making the argument the Cavs do not play anyone and that is why their record is so good, this is the NBA, not college football

Bill Ingram:

Orlando lost to Memphis the first of the season,when many teams miss something. Their other losses have been to Portland, Houston, Boston, and Phoenix. Get back to me when the Cavs have played those teams and won. So far it's just Houston, and they were down an All-Star in that game.

quote:
Jim in Orlando, Fla.:

Since the trade deadline is approaching the what are we gonna do with Hedo stuff is surfacing. Marc Stein said the Magic were gonna have a tough time re-upping him. In your opinion(money wise)what will Hedo ask for? What do you think he is worth?

Bill Ingram:

I don't see them trading him for any reason. He's playing very, very well. Something you have to understand about Hedo is that winning is as important as money. He's made the comment that he would take less to stay in Orlando, but his agent released an opposite statement. There will be a meeting of the minds there . . .and until we see how far the Magic go we won't know how much it will take to keep Hedo in town.

quote:
Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

The Magic are finally starting to receive some well deserved credit after a very impressive month of Dec with a very challenging schedule. What is necessary for them to make the Finals?

Bill Ingram:

Frankly, if Pietrus can continue to feel his way into the Magic game plan they may have everything they need. Those two games they won without Dwight really showed us something. This isn't just the one-man show any more. Jameer is stepping up, Rashard looks like he might be worth the money, and Hedo and the gang are providing a ton of support. The Magic are for real, folks. I've pencil in Orlando on my June 2009 calendar.

quote:
Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

Is there a point guard in the league currently playing better than Jameer Nelson?

Bill Ingram:

Chris Paul. . .maybe . . .but you're right - Jameer is playing some great basketball. It shouldn't be a surprise . . .none of the Magic are surprised.

I highly encourage you to read this story: "Jameer Criticism Unjustified"

Remember when everyone was saying the Magic needed to trade for a better PG? You didn't read that here . . .

quote:
Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

Dwight Howard plays like Clark Kent, and either Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu, or Jameer Nelson steps into the phone booth and emerges as a Super-Hero. Is there an NBA team with a better foursome?

Bill Ingram:

LOL . . .there are nights when teams bring out the kryptonite, and Dwight is happy to let his teammates shine. That's the major strength of the Magic - no primadonnas. They just want to win - and they all love each other and want each other to be successful. There is no closer locker room in the NBA.

quote:
Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

Is Pietrus in Stan's dog house? Or is he simply being brought back from his injury slowly due to how well the team is playing without him?

Bill Ingram:

That's it. . .he's coming back slowly. Success is a precarious thing sometimes and you don't want to mess with it. But they'll need Peaches long-term and Stan understands that.

quote:
Derek in Palm Beach, FL:

If your Otis Smith, do you leave things alone completely, or do you make a trade (and for who)?

Bill Ingram:

I'll give you the GM answer (because it's true). You're always, always looking at ways to improve your team. But you don't mess with a team that's winning unless it's a deal that's just too good to pass up. If I'm Otis - or Danny Ferry - I don't touch anything!

quote:
Steve in Chicago, IL:

With the Raptors 12 and 18, is Chris Bosh an All Star this year? I'd always heard good players on bad teams shouldn't be considered.

Bill Ingram:

I agree 100% . . .I wouldn't vote him in ahead of any Magic, Celtic, or Cavalier.

And here is my favorite one.

quote:
Brian in Cleveland:

The Mighty Magic lost to Memphis this year, and have a worse record than the Cavs, can you stop making the argument the Cavs do not play anyone and that is why their record is so good, this is the NBA, not college football

Bill Ingram:

Orlando lost to Memphis the first of the season,when many teams miss something. Their other losses have been to Portland, Houston, Boston, and Phoenix. Get back to me when the Cavs have played those teams and won. So far it's just Houston, and they were down an All-Star in that game.

Oh and I'll give you another one that I thought was funny as well.

quote:
Lebron in Cle:

Can i beat the celtics and the lakers come playoff time? i think i have all the pieces i need to surpass them in best of seven series.

Bill Ingram:

That's the million-dollar question! You haven't seen the Lakers yet and you're 0-3 against the Celtics counting preseason. You have to prove it before you can claim it