Sign in to follow this  
davcivic

Game Thread - Monday, December 29th Magic @ Pistons

We are still at nr. 4 in Stein's ESPN power rankings... and wait til you see his comment on us:

We're asked all the time: When will the ever-improving Magic, now 24-4 since an 0-2 start, be seen as an elite team? Realistic answer: It'll probably take playoff success against Cleveland or Boston, like it or not.

Ok, fair enough. But did the Boston Celtics really have to wait for postseason success to be conidered "elite" last season? As far as I remember, they were considered elite the day Garnett and Allen were signed.

So our Magic have to prove ourselves to be contenders all they way to Dwight holding the Finals MVP and Stan hoisting the bigger-than-himself championship trophy, who knows, it might be called a fluke or darn luck by then... but the Celts get instant glory... Ok... fine by me. We

Helllo again Magic fans!

I really can't wait 'till this game! The Magic is a much improved team, and one of my favorite players in the NBA DH12 just keeps on getting better!

My team better defend the 3PT line today, and Rasheed gotta play D like he always do on DH12.

Oh yeah, and watch out for Rodney Stuckey guys, that guy is putting some REAL numbers.

I can't wait 'till this game, should be a good one.

Good luck!

Magic win by 7

For every rebound Dwight has, ESPN will match and double it by making a second of excuse for the absence of Rip Hamilton before showing the highlights.

Example: If Dwight has 15 boards, ESPN will preface the game highlights by airing a 30 second expose on how Detroit is worse off without Rip Hamilton.

So we'll take the victory and laugh at ESPN's bitterness once again!

Gonna be a tough game, Detroit will come out strong, we have to contain AI and Stuckey, I hope coach decides to start Pietrus becuase the last thing we need is Stuckey to get hot early.

Also, seven wins in a row, can we achieve our first eight game win streak when the season actually means something since a long time ago?

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Gonna be a tough game, Detroit will come out strong, we have to contain AI and Stuckey, I hope coach decides to start Pietrus becuase the last thing we need is Stuckey to get hot early.

Also, seven wins in a row, can we achieve our first eight game win streak when the season actually means something since a long time ago?

Iverson is what worries me. They guy hasn't been too hot this season, but we know he's a magic killa!

This clearly isn't the Detroit of the past, but they're record also isn't an accurate indication of how good they are, IMO. I don't know how to gauge this team yet. They're wildly inconsistent.

Beat SA, lose to the Knicks, beat CLE, lose to the Wizards, clown LA, get blown out by the T-Wolves at home.

I expect a win, regardless. You have no idea how much Chauncey scares me, and he's gone now.

Magic 103

Detroit 92